By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans Same Excuse?

Fireforgey said:
KingHades said:
Pavolink said:
You must have very well informed and realiable sources to claim every Wii U/Nintendo fan uses the same excuse regarding this terrible mismanagement and not consider this as flamebait while asks for no trolling in the thread.

Anyway, answering to the question in the OP maybe it is because all of us Nintendo/Wii U fans expect sales to pick up with the heavy hitters and a more steady stream of games.

What other argument should we use if the price cut didn't help?

Yes,but your missing the point the GameCube had the games which are what matters the most yet it failed to receive the sales that I guess it "should have" gotten.

Are you quite sure?

You mean the 3D Mario that is often considered the worst of the bunch,

the Zelda game that EVERYONE b!tched about being too cartoony,

The continued lack of any kind of 2D Mario,

The loss of Rare and all of their IPs to Microsoft,

The strange gameple of Double Dash that only appealed to a certain segment,

The F-zero games that barely sold,

Metroid prime that......Nah Metroid was awesome and was imeidiatly recognized for being awesome from the beginning, but it has never been a Nintendo blockbuster.

and a couple of third party games.

Even if many of the games I mentioned are looked back at fondly now, their reception was the worst of any Nintendo's games, both critically and from the fans.  The amount of experimentation  with the Gamecube was rediculous and the results are not surprising.  The Wii U will not make the same mistakes, and then there are always the problems of the DVD and internet and everything else mentioned in this thread.

This is why I don't give Nintendo too much flack when they  keep things the same. Everyone complains and moans about Nintendo not changing up their first party games, but when they did it was horribly recieved.

Around the Network

nope its not worth to license dvd capability becuz its nintendo
they are improving the online infrastructre
nintendo will do in longrun for sure

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

KingHades said:

Every Wii U or Nintendo fan uses the same excuse for the Wii U.Their excuse is it's lack of games. Now here's where that excuse does not help there cause in the Wii U selling at least more than 45mil.

The GameCube had plenty of Mario Games,Two Pokemon Games,and Four Zelda games if I am correct yet it was the least selling console last gen and was outsold by the XBox the Rookie Console. Nintendo is an established company with a loyal following,but got ousted by the Rookie which was not established.

So can anyone give me the answer to why they rely on the games arguement when that isn't even guarenteed to boost the Wii U sales by alot.

Please no going off-topic keep it within the topic range and no trolling

well i have been telling people for the longest but brand plays a huge factor, playstataion 2 played the field prefectly that gen, it had the the key franshises exlusive for each region, GT3-4, GTA, final fantasy, and MGS2, it had a great price and the brand was huge, now this gen i would say 360 did everything right while ps3 did everything wrong, othere wise it would have dominated this gen, so brand and third party support is a key factor. 

RazorDragon said:
Mazty said:

Actually it had weak core exclusives (Think Halo:CE & Fable, DMC/FF/etc), was the worst looking consoles (purple? Really?), had the worst controller (it's always PS vs xbox, not xbox vs GC or PS vs GC) and had no DVD playback. It makes a lot of sense why it didn't do well. 

Most things that you said are subjective. Metroid/Geist/Eternal Darkness/Resident Evil 0 are great core exclusives to me, it looked awesome(IMO) in black and had a nice handle so you could carry it easily around, the controller was the best of its time in terms of confort. It is a fact, though, that it didn't had DVD playback. Still, it doesn't make sense why it sold that badly, I tought people bought VG consoles to play games, not to watch movies.

End of the day people buy a console if it's good value for money. Nintendo have ignored media for their last 3 consoles. 

Those games are fine, but the issue is the xbox had better quality, and the PS2 had more. The purple model was the flagship model; big mistake on Nintendo's part.

avais1993 said:
VGKing said:
RazorDragon said:
GC's case actually didn't made any sense. It had games(1st and 3rd party), it had the controller, it had the online features, it had even an add-on that played GBA/GBC games and also GBA connection that allowed new gaming possibilities, it was the smallest and most reliable console of that generation and, most importantly for the gaming forums crowd, it had the graphics.

So, what can we conclude from all that? Gaming market makes no sense.

You still don't know why the Gamecube failed? Let me inform you.

1. It looked like a lunchbox.(WTF is up with that handle?)
2. The controller was ugly and weird.
3. Graphics don't matter when it comes to Nintendo games. So whatever advanatage it had didn't matter since people didn't buy 3rd party games.
4. It was marketed as a kids console while the PS2 was the cool console for all ages.

Have to agree with ya, no offence i love nintendo...but the gamecube was just...hideous :L, as for its controller wid its multicolour buttons. Its like they let a kid choose the colours. 

You mean like the SNES? Or the 360?

Around the Network
KingHades said:

Every Wii U or Nintendo fan uses the same excuse for the Wii U.Their excuse is it's lack of games. Now here's where that excuse does not help there cause in the Wii U selling at least more than 45mil.

The GameCube had plenty of Mario Games,Two Pokemon Games,and Four Zelda games if I am correct yet it was the least selling console last gen and was outsold by the XBox the Rookie Console. Nintendo is an established company with a loyal following,but got ousted by the Rookie which was not established.

So can anyone give me the answer to why they rely on the games arguement when that isn't even guarenteed to boost the Wii U sales by alot.

Please no going off-topic keep it within the topic range and no trolling

Nintendo's top 2 franchies, Mario and Zelda, were extremely weak on the Cube, and most of the games were just not good enough. The few that were very good tended to be obscure and only appealed to a niche audience. Let us review..

Gamecube launched with a gimicky, mediocre Luigi title, instead of a Mario title. When the Mario game did finally come, it was also mediocre, and was also gimmicky and ridiculously kiddie. There was also no 2D Mario game present, which is a massive franchise and much more popular than its 3D counterpart. Mario Kart Double Dash was arguably the weakest Mario Kart game. It's Zelda offerings were also weak. Wind Waker's cell shaded and cutesy graphics turned off many gamers, as did the tedious sailing and fetch quests. Four swords was a glorified GBA game that was multiplayer only, not even a true Zelda game. The Pokemon games were not mainline games so they shouldn't even be counted. Basically had worse third party support than Wii, with fewer releases from Nintendo, and the few that were released were obscure games that didn't appeal to a mass market audience.

With the Wii U, Nintendo at least has 2D Mario, Wii Fit, (possibly) Wii Sports, Call of Duty, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, and a more serious Zelda effort to gain more sales. Mario Kart has also improved massively in popularity thanks to the Wii offering which was much better than the Cube's, a trend I don't expect to see reversed drastically for Wii U. While these games aren't going to magically elevate it to Wii level sales, it's extremely naive to assume that somehow these games will do absolutely nothing to increase demand.

No excuses from me, i never thought for one minute the Wii U would replicate Wii sales. But overall Wii U is a much better product than the Wii and more catered to gamers which suits me. This obviously comes at a price,meaning you lose some of the casual base.But sales will pick up when the big hitters arrive and i wont have a problem with Gamecube type sales as Nintendo will still be profitable, they proved during the Gamecube era that they can still turn a profit with a small install base.

I am a realist so lower Wii U sales havent surprised me, and deep down i think a lot of Nintendo fans also knew it wouldnt do Wii numbers. We just want to enjoy our new console,be excited about new Ninty games in HD, and getting great content like Watch dogs which wasnt possible last gen. Instead we get doom threads and Wii U bashers infesting the Nintendo pages these days.

Guess what? The weakest Mario, Zelda, and Mario Kart were all on the Gamecube (sorry guys, but it's true) so games do have a lot to do with sales.

Also, the thing looked like a purple lunch box.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

fordy said:
avais1993 said:
VGKing said:
RazorDragon said:
GC's case actually didn't made any sense. It had games(1st and 3rd party), it had the controller, it had the online features, it had even an add-on that played GBA/GBC games and also GBA connection that allowed new gaming possibilities, it was the smallest and most reliable console of that generation and, most importantly for the gaming forums crowd, it had the graphics.

3. Graphics don't matter when it comes to Nintendo games. So whatever advanatage it had didn't matter since people didn't buy 3rd party games.
4. It was marketed as a kids console while the PS2 was the cool console for all ages.

Have to agree with ya, no offence i love nintendo...but the gamecube was just...hideous :L, as for its controller wid its multicolour buttons. Its like they let a kid choose the colours. 

the snes and 360 controllers are pretty good looking. That gamecube controller just looks wierd :S.

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

avais1993 said:
fordy said:
avais1993 said:
VGKing said:
RazorDragon said:

the snes and 360 controllers are pretty good looking. That gamecube controller just looks wierd :S.

doesn't change the fact that it was one hell of a comfortable controller with the best analog triggers. man i had a xbox back then and everytime i played with the Gc of my friend i immediatley felt home...it made me actually sad that i didn't have one lol