By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor - Next Call of Duty Title To Be Next-Gen Exclusive, No WiiU

igogaming.net posted an article about this years call of duty, personally i would take it with a huge pinch of salt, anyways here is the article and video

Rumors of the next Call of Duty game are already looming with Call of Duty: Ghosts. Ghosts, not Ghost.

Youtuber Drift0r has uploaded a video leaking details of the next Call of Duty game. He claims the information was leaked to him from someone he trusts dearly and is in the “Call of Duty machine.”

According to Drift0r, Call of Duty: Ghosts will be announced early May and will be set in the future, although you will be using present day weapons. Drift0r states that he doesn’t have any idea of why that may be but suggests that it may be due to a hack or some sort of apocalypse.

Another bit of detail leaked in the video is the ability to “dash into sliding while shooting” a la Vanquish. Players will also be able to peek around corners, something that was missing from the console versions of Call of Duty, but available to PC gamers.

Call of Duty: Ghosts seems like an unlikely rumor, specifically because Drift0r says the game will be released only on PlayStation 4, the unannounced Xbox and PC. With Call of Duty being the best-selling game each year, it’s hard to believe Activision would drop current generation support on the fly.

source : http://igogaming.net/2013/03/22/rumor-next-call-of-duty-title-to-be-next-gen-exclusive/

Around the Network

No surprises if it doesn't come to wiiU, BO2 sales were lackluster.

Well yes. We all know us hardcore gamers that buy systems at launch just love COD! This makes so much sense...

I don't buy it.

This would send CoD's sales from its annual 20+ million crashing down to like 5-6 million tops because there's only going to be so many PS4/720 owners this fall.

I don't really care about the Wii U version either way, since the last one didn't help Nintendo one lick anyway, but I seriously, seriously doubt Activision will just leave that much money sitting on the table from PS3/360 CoD fans who don't upgrade this fall.

There will be PS3/360 versions for sure IMO, unless Activision is in the habit of throwing away $300+ million in profit. No chance they let EA just have all the PS3/360 owners with Battlefield 4 this fall either. 

JoeTheBro said:
Well yes. We all know us hardcore gamers that buy systems at launch just love COD! This makes so much sense...

i know, i think this guy is trolling or got trolled hard. but if this turns out true, then next gen systems wont have any trouble at launch or after christams

Around the Network

Next, by this years? Not gonna happen.

Does anyone expect them to throw away 20 million copies in sales on current gen consoles? Its delusional.

100% fake. The games might be ported to next gen consoles but it wont be exclusive.

I don't think so. The game will be on PS3/4 and 360/720. I think it will not be on wii u, but everything is possible.

Maybe Activions is repeating the same strategy of Call of Duty 2 in 2005.

There was a version for XBOX/PS2/GC called COD2:Big Red one. While COD 2 was released for X360.

Not going to happen. COD will be on Xbox 360/PS3 for at least the next 3 years, if not longer. I'm also sure that it will be on the Wii U too; even though BO2 didn't sell well on the Wii U, it still made a profit. 

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

with activision working long side sony now, wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a microsoft and grabbed the dlc