By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Some Japanese Dev claims SSBB is unfit for Wii

iclim4 said:
Component? thanks?
Do i opt for the ones they sell at ebgames?
or do i buy it online?
or monster?

Okay, so you were talking about cables. :)

Don't buy anything expensive. The ones at EB should be fine, but you could probably get a better price online.

Component will make the image brighter, more colourful, and the pixels more defined. That last one may not be a good thing, depending on your TV and your personal tastes. It increases the "jaggyness" that most Wii games have. If you have a plasma TV, I'd say go for component for sure. But if you have an LCD and "jaggies" bother you, you might want to stick to composite for the natural blurriness that helps smooth things out a bit. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Did anyone notice that the anonymous developer says he is making a "spurious prediction"? Spurious means plausible but false. I think this must be a joke.

You can get a good set of Wii component cables for about $20. OEM Nintendo cables are available through Amazon for under $30 shipped. That's the only way to get a progressive scan picture. Unfortunately, that is the absolute best video signal you will be seeing out of the Wii.

It does make a pretty decent difference. Picture looks washed out and blurred on a Sony 52" 1080p set using the basic composite cable since it downgrades to a 480i signal. Much improved via component.

fkusumot said:

Did anyone notice that the anonymous developer says he is making a "spurious prediction"? Spurious means plausible but false. I think this must be a joke.

I still believe its fake, most likely from a Japanese forum poster who is a PS3 fan. Man, no news story on the internet from an anonymous guy in Japan, with an american suidomym can be taken seriously. Especially when its in the context of an anti-wii fanboy roast.

Remember whe, I don't remember who, but someone posted something saying that the developer of RE5 wasn't coming to the Wii because of Zack and Wiki sales, and it was really negative about the Wii?  Then two pages later we discovered that it was made up?

That happened here, but nobody ever came out and admitted it was made up. That's why unsubstantiated stories like this haven't been picked up by bigger sites than freakin' filefront news(which is heavily anti-wii), and probably the least read newsource on the internet.

What is this, the freakin' New York Times? No journalistic integrity left on the internet, imo. This whole article is anti wii fanboy rantings, attempting to marginalize the first place console. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
thekitchensink said:

In all seriousness, guys, he's right. Brawl is not fit for Wii.

Wii Fit is 'Fit' for Wii XD

No, it's not Fit, for the Wii.

Wii Fit is a completely different game.

@ the anonmyous sony pr rep: Saying Brawl isn't fit for the Wii is like saying a red hat isn't fit for Mario.

Mongoloid retarded.

/sarcasm

see my earlier post in this thread.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
thekitchensink said:

In all seriousness, guys, he's right. Brawl is not fit for Wii.

Wii Fit is 'Fit' for Wii XD

No, it's not Fit, for the Wii.

Wii Fit is a completely different game.

@ the anonmyous sony pr rep: Saying Brawl isn't fit for the Wii is like saying a red hat isn't fit for Mario.

Mongoloid retarded.

/sarcasm

see my earlier post in this thread.

Yeah I knew, that's why I added that little "@ the anonymous Sony PR Rep" thing in their. I knew you didn't believe that rubbish.

You notice how Nintendo doesn't have to resort to mudslinging to sell consoles? 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
fkusumot said:

(...)

Remember whe, I don't remember who, but someone posted something saying that the developer of RE5 wasn't coming to the Wii because of Zack and Wiki sales, and it was really negative about the Wii? Then two pages later we discovered that it was made up?

(...)

Are you actually refering to this?

Yes I am, you limey bastard.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Considering SMG is the second best selling game this gen (counting out Wii Sports and Wii Play), and best selling non-bundled game, or has Gears of War sold better, i don't think using SMG sales is a valid argument.

In a way, 360 and PS3 doesn't compete with Wii, but it doesn't mean that Wii audience wouldn't overlap with the competitions audience. So, i'd expect SSBB xelling the best on Wii, just because of its largest installbase. Saying that certain games don't sell on certain platform is stupid if no one makes that kind of games for the platform. Since witout that certain type of games, there will never be a demographic for the kind of games. LOL @Rol. Someone still gets fooled by "Resident Evel". I blame Wii Fit.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Yes I am, you limey bastard.

But I said that it was a joke in the OP.

Lies and alligations, imo.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

famousringo said:
iclim4 said:
Component? thanks?
Do i opt for the ones they sell at ebgames?
or do i buy it online?
or monster?

Okay, so you were talking about cables. :)

Don't buy anything expensive. The ones at EB should be fine, but you could probably get a better price online.

Component will make the image brighter, more colourful, and the pixels more defined. That last one may not be a good thing, depending on your TV and your personal tastes. It increases the "jaggyness" that most Wii games have. If you have a plasma TV, I'd say go for component for sure. But if you have an LCD and "jaggies" bother you, you might want to stick to composite for the natural blurriness that helps smooth things out a bit. 

y'know since i was a kid i always had some sort of weird fetish.
i achieve some sort of sick pleasure from attaching one electronic device with another.
though i almost stopped and was badly scarred by a bad magnet incident,
but i dont want talk about that right now.
but from my old experiences i know for a fact that duct tape leaves adhesive residue behind,
doesnt look very pleasing on the Wii's white color palette.
though im confused as to why you would recommend component cables to me,
it seems highly illogical, they cost too much just to use as some sort of fasten.
maybe i should stick to some nylon, hard to see yet very strong... hmmmmm...

yes, yes i was talking about cables -_-
and thanks for the input, highly appreciated.

@ZenfoldorVGI
thanks too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?