By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which user base has the most knowledgeable posters Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft

Simple question which user base you think has the most knowledgeable posters with regards to videogames?

Whether it be about graphics technology, gaming desgin or just seem to know what they are posting about?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

Generally, I would say it's a three-way tie, mostly because people from the different bases tend to know things in different areas. Someone can learn something different from each of them. But I'm not one to say what they are, really.

They're all pretty similar, but I'd probably say Nintendo because a lot of Nintendo gamers also do a lot on the PC.

But all are very close and putting one ahead would be taxing and generally unfair.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Graphics tech and game design I have to think PC gamers know the most (or at least I'd hope so). Video game history probably Nintendo and Sony fans. Business possibly MS. On the whole I think we have knowledge about our respective platform of choice more than just general gaming things. For instance I know a lot about ND, Insomniac, the conception of PS, SSM, Suckerpunch, MM, and the such than most people who aren't PS fans (not even talking about this site just in general), but I couldn't name 5 MS first party studios. I'm also a pretty big Nintendo fan but don't look at their studio history as much.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

A single platform does not create a user base with total gaming knowledge.

But following this flawed logic I'll say Microsoft, because I own the 360 and I know almost everything regarding videogaming =P

Around the Network

those who also play on pc and not only on console seem to know a lot and also understand a lot of the stuff. but i don't believe there is a big difference between the users of only one console as long as they didn't start only few years ago with gaming.

Do we really need threads like this, that generate friction and ill feeling between userbases?

MS, Nintendo, >>>>>>>>>>>>P.C.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

This thread seeks the destruction of us all. We must flee it's warpath or be devoured by the coming flames of war.

PC gamers obviously. As for console fans, it's hard to say. I'd have to go with Sony fans because they seem to be more tech orientated and are usually the ones pixel counting.

I agree that this thread could cause a lot of tension. I'm referring to tech only by the way, not general gaming knowledge. Not even going to bother answering that question because there is no real answer, and even if there was, it wouldn't be appropriate.