By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which user base has the most knowledgeable posters Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft

Michael-5 said:

Not Sony, maybe Microsoft? There aren't many Microsoft fans here, and generally the ones I've met know what they are talking about. Usually Microsoft fans have more then one platform, so that's probably why they are the best.

Nintendo is kind of a middle ground, they know a lot about Nintendo generally, but not much beyond.

Sony is similar to Nintendo, but often times they praise high volume PS3 exclusives too much, and condone other console base exclusives before even playing them. That to me tell me that they judge before they play, so they really must lack an understanding of games.

However there are exceptions to all 3, and in general, owning multiple consoles helps.

If you're generalizing, from my perspective Xbox (not MS) fans tend to know a lot about AAA / western games, and not much else. Japan being the main blindspot.

Serious reply: don't think any group is more knowledgable than the other. Each group is into their own niche - Nintendo leaning on Japan, Xbox/PC on the west, Sony (now) more of a mix. Those that enjoy all types of games, don't tend to favor one side as much anyway.

Around the Network
c0rd said:
Michael-5 said:

Not Sony, maybe Microsoft? There aren't many Microsoft fans here, and generally the ones I've met know what they are talking about. Usually Microsoft fans have more then one platform, so that's probably why they are the best.

Nintendo is kind of a middle ground, they know a lot about Nintendo generally, but not much beyond.

Sony is similar to Nintendo, but often times they praise high volume PS3 exclusives too much, and condone other console base exclusives before even playing them. That to me tell me that they judge before they play, so they really must lack an understanding of games.

However there are exceptions to all 3, and in general, owning multiple consoles helps.

If you're generalizing, from my perspective Xbox (not MS) fans tend to know a lot about AAA / western games, and not much else. Japan being the main blindspot.

Serious reply: don't think any group is more knowledgable than the other. Each group is into their own niche - Nintendo leaning on Japan, Xbox/PC on the west, Sony (now) more of a mix. Those that enjoy all types of games, don't tend to favor one side as much anyway.

Maybe, that does seem kinda true. I don't run into many MS fans on this website, but you are right, even on the 360, there is a general lack of love from MS fans for games like Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia.

As for Sony fans, I think the ones who don't go on forums are a bit more knowledgeable, but on forums get people who insist that their opinion is right, even when proven wrong.

e.g. I've had people try to tell me that my opinion on killzone 3 maps having too many easy camping spot be wrong. So I showed him a screenshot of my score with 30 plus kills and less then 5 deaths, and I consider myself a newbie in the game. Still, I'm wrong though because anything negative towards a Sony game is wrong, and no matter what I said he needed to leave the conversation right, or at least always condone me as an idiot. (You know you I'm refering to if you're reading this)

----

Seriously, anyone who only owns one brand of consoles (Say a PS3 and a PSV, a 360, or a Wii and a 3DS) are just going to be heavily biased in the end, at least on forums.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

happydolphin said:
Michael-5 said:
happydolphin said:
Sony fans in general (not all though).

Kresnik, Sal, Pezus are among a few.

Microsoft has Sales and Kowen.

Nintendo has Rol, noname, Khan

every base has its smart people.

What the heck am I?

You look too much like a tree

My trunk is Nintendo, and I nourish my tree with broken 360's and a Playstation from every generation.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

To add to my point some people still rant on even after months acting knowledgeable when they aren't. It wasn't embarrassing enough when 'several' people repeatedly showed them how full of it they are back then...they will still blindly keep on saying they are right. Arguing with them will just end up a in a non stop quote tree fest for pages and pages.

You can argue with a 100 sane people but not with 1 blind/stupid fanboy who has a made believe victimized complex. Such people won't admit when they are wrong no matter what. I think this forum NEEDS a ignore/block function. Would help people ignore the ignorant and will help promote more intelligent and friendly discussions. It will also encourage people with actual knowledge to post more. Quite a few have left already sadly

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
To add to my point some people still rant on even after months acting knowledgeable when they aren't. It wasn't embarrassing enough when 'several' people repeatedly showed them how full of it they are back then...they will still blindly keep on saying they are right. Arguing with them will just end up a in a non stop quote tree fest for pages and pages.

You can argue with a 100 sane people but not with 1 blind/stupid fanboy who has a made believe victimized complex. Such people won't admit when they are wrong no matter what. I think this forum NEEDS a ignore/block function. Would help people ignore the ignorant and will help promote more intelligent and friendly discussions. It will also encourage people with actual knowledge to post more. Quite a few have left already sadly

You may as well be talking about yourself. Like I said Killzone 3 was my opinion, and you can't accept any negative opinion on any Sony product you like. Regardless weather or not you agree with me, you don't need to ruin a thread to "convince me" that your opinion is right, and I'm an idiot for thinking otherwise. Don't derail this thread any furthur.

Hardcore fans like you make me really disgusted at owning a Sony product. I feel like I can never say anything good because of people like you.

-----

Sorry for engaging in this unintellectual shit, I should listen to his own advice and just stay away.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

You may as well be talking about yourself. Like I said Killzone 3 was my opinion, and you can't accept any negative opinion on any Sony product you like. Regardless weather or not you agree with me, you don't need to ruin a thread to "convince me" that your opinion is right, and I'm an idiot for thinking otherwise. Don't derail this thread any furthur.

Hardcore fans like you make me really disgusted at owning a Sony product. I feel like I can never say anything good because of people like you.

-----

Sorry for engaging in this unintellectual shit, I should listen to his own advice and just stay away.

oh..not sure why you are so butt hurt right now :) What I said applies to many people, this forum and others. But Guess if the hat fits.......

ps: for the record I bitch about sony stuff all the time..selective reading from your part and all that. But then again I guess if I try and educate you on these things you will drag this on for weeks and weeks if need be lol think what you must

Well 'people' like you sure make this a wonderful place...heck if nothing else I find you amusing ;) But pls..tell me how you REALLY feel

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Michael-5 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

-----

oh..not sure why you are so butt hurt right now :) Guess if the hat fits.......

ps: for the record I bitch about sony stuff all the time..selective reading from your part and all that. But then again I guess if I try and educate you on these things you will drag this on for weeks and weeks if need be lol think what you must

Well 'people' like you sure make this a wonderful place...heck if nothing else I find you amusing ;) But pls..tell me how you REALLY feel

Try to educate me, hah.

---

I'm leaving this thread.

Michael-5 said:

Try to educate me, hah.

---

I'm leaving this thread.

You want me to educate you yet you leave! say it isn't so

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Michael-5 said:

Try to educate me, hah.

---

I'm leaving this thread.

Stop being a dick.

Michael-5 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Michael-5 said:

Try to educate me, hah.

---

I'm leaving this thread.

Stop being a dick.

aww ok then.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!