By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Dont Like Mass Effect at all

i tried mass effect. i hate rpg's so that didnt really help much. but either way, i got bored really quickly.

Around the Network

Yeah, I have to agree. I got this game for Christmas and I was like, "What's all the fuss about?" Yeah, the graphics are good but I played it for 1 hour and haven't touched it since. I should probably just sell it on Ebay and pick up COD4.

Mass Effect is an RPG I think that some people expect more from it. Driving in the game isn't like Gran Turismo and the Shooting aspect isn't like Halo. GTA is also a game that mixes genres. There gameplay for shooting and racing is much better, but doesn't have RPG elements. I think this generation is still too weak to blend different genres in a good way.

I swear I was thinking about starting this thread, i just rented it, played it for about an hour, and was ready to return it. It was minimally fun, I went right back to Call of Duty 4. Give me points for trying though. cost me $11 to rent.

the only problem i found with it was that sometimes the framerate would drop a bit. Other than that, it was a great game. If you want a challege play the game on the hardest setting.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
erikers said:
You can tell somebody's going to be a worthless member when they come in and in their first or second post they start a thread on how they hate something because it sucks so much according to them.

Another genius who barely has the ability to compose sentences and is going to spend his time becoming another garbage troll making pointless threads.

Yeah, and the mods will let him get away with it, because they're to busy kissing Nintendo's ass.

No, we mods are letting him get away with it because he's allowed to voice his opinion.

Hating Mass Effect is hardly cause enough to ban a user.

Calling someone a loser though usually does get you atleast a warning if not a 1 day ban.

DragonLord said:
JBoogie said:
the story and dialouge are good but i dont understand how people can like a game if the gameplay sucks. sometimes my left trigger just doesnt work for no reason, the games action to rpg ratio is completely unbalanced, the characters show no emotion, and there is no strategy to the combat. all you have to is enter a room and stand in the doorway and hold r till everyone is dead. u dont even have to aim because theres auto aim.i also dont like jade empire or any american rpgs. never played kotor never will

Lol...you can tell everyone is in a great mood tonight, eh?  I think your problem is that you just don't like Western RPG's...Many traditionalist RPG lovers find Western RPG's more like action games (which they are) with a few RPG elements like leveling up, character customization, etc.  I enjoy Western RPG's, but I enjoy JRPG & SRPG's better.  Too each his own.

Uh, wrong. Western RPGs like Baldur's GAte and Fallout are the very definition of RPGs.  They are not like action games any more than JRPGs are click and point/menu adventure genre

i don't like it either, but ive never played storymode properly

twesterm said:
mrstickball said:
twestern -

Try completing the game with a new character on Insane yet, without using strategy in combat?

I can fully agree beating it on Normal is easy if your just walking into most rooms with an Assault Rifle, but at higher difficulties, you HAVE to use cover systems, powers, and the full gambit of abilities, or you'll die, instantly.

Even now, I die in 1 hit from sniper rounds on hardcore.

I actually did restart it a few days ago (though I didn't get past the first world yet) just to try a different character and on a harder difficulty so we'll seel. I will admit though I suck at games.

Twesterm, MrStickball is dead on. I am playing Mass Effect on hardcore as an Adept and if you think you walk through the game blindly firing you are sadly mistaken. You have to use strategy because as he said. Snipers will one shot. Using Stasis to freeze them or singularity to make them easy targets is a must.

I know when I go for my Insanity achievement I am going to have to go Soldier class as again. I am missing the added protection of heavy armor right now. I don't like the Stasis ability too much but I may have to throw a few points into because those snipers can be a pain. Also on Normal if you are outside fighting you can pretty much kill standard mobs by using lift and throw. On hardcore, the mobs will survive the fall most of the time which is crazy. I mean, I swear that my Adept is chucking this guys a half mile and they get up and comeback for more haha. Thankfully, I gave my adept an assault rifle.

I don't like mass effect either. I really don't see what the big deal is. maybe I'm missing something?

I'm back...