By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Dont Like Mass Effect at all

coolestguyever said:
lol I posted in this thread 2 months ago.

My thoughts are still the same, Mass Effect is slow, difficult, short, and hard to get into.
It's an Rpg what did you expect? 

Around the Network

I think everyone is being a little harsh on the OP...

Not everyone is going to like Mass Effect... just like not everyone liked SMG, FFVII, or Brawl...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Yeah but OP is Sony fanboy. Or did no one else notice that. Why you think I'm taking the mick out of this thread. It's false.

starcraft said:
I suspect that maybe you just don't like WRPG's period. Given you fairly inaccurately described every feature that you mentioned, I'd say you didn't give the game anything a resembling a fair go, that is if you've actually played it at all.

For starters the left trigger issue is a problem with your controller, not Mass Effect.

The game contains many emotionally charged moments, though I guess this is the
only part of your rant that could be accepted as subjective opinion (your wrong though:)).

If you walk into a room and hold R your weapon will overheat in a matter of moments and you'll be killed.

And finally, auto aim can be turned off and the difficulty raised numskull:)

I think I fall into the same category. I haven't played Mass Effect, and while I think it looks great and sounds great, I'm sure I'd hate it. Played both Oblivion and KOTOR and despised them both. It's strange too, because I would really like to play them, I love RPG's... guess I jusst don't get WRPG's. I feel like I'm missing something.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?

Anyone know of a cure? And by cure, I mean a game that is simply too good to dislike. Is Mass Effect that game?

^ I recommend Brawl/ MK.....It works every time..

Around the Network
pearljammer said:
starcraft said:
I suspect that maybe you just don't like WRPG's period. Given you fairly inaccurately described every feature that you mentioned, I'd say you didn't give the game anything a resembling a fair go, that is if you've actually played it at all.

For starters the left trigger issue is a problem with your controller, not Mass Effect.

only part of your rant that could be accepted as subjective opinion (your wrong though:)).

If you walk into a room and hold R your weapon will overheat in a matter of moments and you'll be killed.

I think I fall into the same category. I haven't played Mass Effect, and while I think it looks great and sounds great, I'm sure I'd hate it. Played both Oblivion and KOTOR and despised them both. It's strange too, because I would really like to play them, I love RPG's... guess I jusst don't get WRPG's. I feel like I'm missing something.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?

Anyone know of a cure? And by cure, I mean a game that is simply too good to dislike. Is Mass Effect that game?

If you disliked KOTOR, you're behind hope. I suggest a call to Dr. Kevorkian. :D

Seriously, disliking KOTOR is like saying "that Mother Theresa chick was a real bitch". It's incomprehensible.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
pearljammer said:
starcraft said:

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?

If you disliked KOTOR, you're behind hope. I suggest a call to Dr. Kevorkian. :D

Seriously, disliking KOTOR is like saying "that Mother Theresa chick was a real bitch". It's incomprehensible.

I know. The thing is, I sincerely feel like I'm missing out, too.  I gave the game a fair go, I played at least 10-15 hours in. I feel so ashamed.

I understand where you're coming from Pearl, I've played KOTOR and Oblivion as well and neither enthralled me as much as some people claim it did to them. They were decent games, but I guess I'm just not the WRPG type.