By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's down, but not out.

nowadays mabye. but millions of people bought the ps 2 as a dvd which can play games, hell even my brother bought it cause of this and he is a pc gamer.

just look at the attach rate of the ps 2 games and you will see this. that's wy the customers went from 152 million to 75 million (and the huge price of course).

the ps 1 sold mainly cause it was one of the first proper cd-consoles and 2. the marketing and hype was really well done. the best ps 1 games couldn't compete with super mario 64, ocarina of time, rare ware quality-wise. finfal fantasy 7 maybe. i remember. the ps 1 had so aggressivly good marketing....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlCRE9kDVg that's what sony reall can do very well, hype the shit out of a system.

Around the Network
Th3PANO said:

Matzy....lol Blu-Ray wasn't a system seller in the early days. few people had a hd tv and bul-rays were expensive back then. double the price from a dvd.

Got any proof there? Or just guessing?

sales in the early days lol

Th3PANO said:
sales in the early days lol

So the answer is no. Considering it had almost no games for it, surely the only thing it was selling on was the bluray capability? Also don't forget to factor in the price. If you aren't going to try and have a rational debate then don't feel obliged to reply to this comment. 

funny thing you are talking about rational debate. like i said. the price was overkill. and the blu ray drive was a big reason for that. nobody was so interested in bluray as in dvd. if you wanna believe it or not.

Around the Network
Th3PANO said:

nowadays mabye. but millions of people bought the ps 2 as a dvd which can play games, hell even my brother bought it cause of this and he is a pc gamer.

just look at the attach rate of the ps 2 games and you will see this. that's wy the customers went from 152 million to 75 million (and the huge price of course).

the ps 1 sold mainly cause it was one of the first proper cd-consoles and 2. the marketing and hype was really well done. the best ps 1 games couldn't compete with super mario 64, ocarina of time, rare ware quality-wise. finfal fantasy 7 maybe. i remember. the ps 1 had so aggressivly good marketing....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlCRE9kDVg that's what sony reall can do very well, hype the shit out of a system.

well that's your opinion.  MGS, Crash, Spyro, Medieval that's what sold me on PSone and PS2 had over 10 attach rate so I don't know what you're talking about.  DMC, MGS, Jak, Ratchet, SotC, ICO, GTA, GoW, Kingdom Hearts, FF that's what sold PS2.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

so you say 10 millions (besides gta) from 152 millions is 1. 10 percent and 2 that impressive when the 50 % attach rate on super mario bros u doesn't impress nintendo haters at all? exposed sorry.

Th3PANO said:

funny thing you are talking about rational debate. like i said. the price was overkill. and the blu ray drive was a big reason for that. nobody was so interested in bluray as in dvd. if you wanna believe it or not.

Yeah how about you actually reply to what I said? It had almost no games on it so what exactly was selling the system? And stop making shit up - you cant prove that nobody was interested in bluray. I can just as easily say that the moon is made out of cheese. True story CUZ I SAY SO. Sources or stop making things up.

Mythmaker1 said:
Areym said:
My thing is; The Wii U does not feel like a next gen console. It really, really does not. What kind of next gen consoles gets a bunch of enhanced ports from established franchise? Obviously, there were exceptions like ZombiU. They should have held off until they had mario galaxy 3 or the next big zelda game.

How about the Xbox 360?

As far as the Wii U goes, I think people are fooling themselves. The system isn't "dead" right now, but it will be soon. There's nothing between now and Autumn that has even a chance of seriously affecting sales.

I can't say i recall the 360 line up but it couldn't have been as confusing as the Wii U.

I doubt nintendo is just gonna let it roll over and die. I'm sure they got something up their sleeve but the Wii U has very little reason to be bought right now. Not even NSMB U carried it while it was hot off.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

lol...no games...the ps3 had the hd momentum on launch, of course someone would have bought it