By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's down, but not out.

I've been reading a lot of comments lately concerning who will come out on top once the 8th gen is over with, and there seems to be a general sense that most people think that Ninetndo is done for.

Why do you think this? The console's sales are drastically low right now, but this is Nintendo. A pokemon game? Mario Kart? Super Smash Bros!? When these titles and others like them begin to launch, does anyone believe the sales will remain at the level that they are at? For those of you counting out Nintendo from 1st, or even 2nd place for next gen, maybe you should step back, take a breath, and relax. Who would've thought that the Playstation wouldve destroyed the N64 like it did, or that the PS3 would recover from its situation in 06-08.

The generation is barely started, so before you count Nintendo out, remember that the PS4 and 720 are not even launched yet. Anything can happen. Have an open mind.

^_^ Don't be so garsh dang negative :P Especially when we have 6+ years left to this race!!!

(I realize telling the Forums not to be negative is like telling a toddler that they can't have a toy, but it feels like this needs to be said... At least for the rational among us!)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

One quick thing: mainline Pokemon games Don't release on consoles, so Pokemon won't help. But Yeah I get what you're saying, many of their heavy hitters haven't released,most notably SSBU

Yeah, the negativity is really getting out of hand.

SonOfLiberty said:
One quick thing: mainline Pokemon games Don't release on consoles, so Pokemon won't help. But Yeah I get what you're saying, many of their heavy hitters haven't released,most notably SSBU

Yeah you have a point about Pokemon, but that new WiiU pokemon game with the interactive figurines could be huge depending on how the game shapes up, especially with the younger crowd.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Wii was a fluke in outselling the competition. Looking at history it makes sense that no one expects the Wii U to outsell the PS4 and 720. BUT IT'S NOT ABOUT SALES! Wii U will deliver for all of us that own it and that's what matters. The best system doesn't necessarily sell the best.

Around the Network

Wii U will be fine. Things will pick up when Zelda and Smash Bros. launch, and by pick up I mean REALLY pick up. We just have to give the system some time. Hopefully Nintendo will implement some sounds decisions to keep the system afloat.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

JoeTheBro said:
Wii was a fluke in outselling the competition. Looking at history it makes sense that no one expects the Wii U to outsell the PS4 and 720. BUT IT'S NOT ABOUT SALES! Wii U will deliver for all of us that own it and that's what matters. The best system doesn't necessarily sell the best.

Whether it outsells PS4 and 720 or not isn't important, it doing well is.  Period.

The only people who think the Wii U is doomed are internet trolls.

JoeTheBro said:

your right, Gamecube= worst selling console in Nintendo but imo best games! Paper Mario TTYD/SSBM (everybody played, like how one guy said if you dont have SSBM you dont have a gamecube lmao)/Luigi Mansion!/Pikmin/Pikmin 2/ Bomberman (personally choice lol)/RE4/Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/ and so much more!

@ tbone- I too liked Bomberman generations on cube lol ( i think thats what it was called). Billy Hatcher was cool as well.