By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2013 NPD Thread - 360:302k, PS3:~270k, 3DS:~191k, Wii:~100k, Wii U:66k, PSV:38k

thismeintiel said:
I'm pretty sure creamsugar's comments last month confirmed that the current gen comment was only PS3 and Wii. So, it's mostly likely PS3 290K-300K and Wii 135K-145K. Nice to see the PS3 on the tail of the 360's monthly sales. I bet when the PS3 drops to $199, we'll see it be above the 360 for a few weeks/months.

What do you think would happen if Microsft were to drop the price on 360?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Just to remember... that is the lowest 360 market share in NPD since MS shares the %... the gap is closing.

which is obvious if they include the WiiU....

Barozi said:
ethomaz said:
Just to remember... that is the lowest 360 market share in NPD since MS shares the %... the gap is closing.

It would be down from 44% to 41% on last month though too (both figures including the Wii U).

If we exclude the Wii U, it's down from 48% last month to 45% this month.

While the Xbox 360 is still holding a really, really respectable share of the market, that share is gradually shrinking.

Those Fire Emblem numbers arr great, despite the heft overtracking.

pezus said:
milkyjoe said:

WiiU behind PS3 now and almost even with 360. Cool. Now that comparison can't be used anymore

Yeah, and they're all behind the Gamecube. All these years later and the Gamecube finally gets a moral victory.

VGChartz

Around the Network
Barozi said:
ethomaz said:

which is really sad. a new system barely making a dent in the console sales. i fear the 720/ps4 future when they launch

the_dengle said:
ninjablade said:
the_dengle said:
ninjablade said:
the_dengle said:

Let me put it this way, releases push sales. 20% is a normal increase for Feb over Jan -- with software releases. Wii U doubled that with no software releases. That's not fishy to you?

its not fishy at all cause cause it's the norm, and i don't understand what you measn by doubled, it sold 57k in jan, it sold 65k, in feb, consoles always sell better in feb, with software or not.

The official statement is that it was up "over 40% weekly" from January. Since Jan had 5 weeks and Feb had 4.

So if the normal is 20% weekly with releases, and the Wii U is up 40% weekly with none, something isn't adding up right. That is NOT "the norm."

i'm not gonna keep explaining to you, it's the norm, go look at consoles sales, from jan to feb, there is always an increase, on every single console, doesn't matter if its 5 weeks cause people are broke from the holidays, it the norm, it folllowing the same trend, but what ever think what you want.

Is it wrong of me to ask WHY the Wii U was up over 40% weekly with NO new releases when the 360, which had several new releases in the top 10 software sales, was up less than 35% weekly? That is an anomaly.

Why are you so against the idea that returns hurt the Wii U's January sales data? It doesn't change any numbers.

360 did 302k, impressive number, 65k is not impressive, your comparison to 360 is useless, because wiiu sales are so low, that the comparison fails, its easy to see a huge in increase in percentage when you only sale, 57k, while its not gonna be as easy as selling 280k, but the fact is ever console goes up feb, and you ask why i'm against the idea because the idea has been proven false, the idea would have been proven correct if the wiiu sold 100k, but it basically only sold 8k more in a month where consoles sales always increase.

RolStoppable said:
So it was true that the Wii U actually sold around 100k units in January and NPD was adjusting for returns.

Did anyone freak out over this? Any meltdowns because the Wii U was over 60k in February? (Yes, that means I am too lazy to read the thread.)

why would anyone freak out because the WiiU sold better than we expected? yeah i know there are some people who just want the system to fail. but generally speaking its a good sing for everyone. ms, sony and nintendo fans should be happy this sold better than we thought it did

Nice work Sly

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Barozi said:

Current gen is PS3 + Wii like the last month.