By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

theprof00 said:
Jaywood, you do know that Nintendo is comprised of studios too, correct? It's not "developed by Nintendo", that's just the umbrella. Each studio has its own head, and would go independant if Nintendo ever fell.

Very aware of this.  If nintendo shut down in the console business you would still see them develping mario, zelda, etc for other consoles.  Because they are both a developer and publisher.  They bought other companies etc.  Sega is in the same boat.  MSFT and Sony buys studios and hires developers.  If you want to call internal studios like 343i, SCE Santa Monica sony/MSFT i guess you could say that they develop though. 

Although this brings up a very big question for me if it is the case.  Anyways Im going to PM you instead

Around the Network
pokoko said:
JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:
JayWood2010 said:

lmao no they are not.  Sony and Microsoft are publishers, not developers.  Nintendo is both a developer and publisher.  

What are you talking about?

"Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, officially abbreviated SCE Worldwide Studios, is a group of video game developers owned by Sony Computer Entertainment which was established in 2005.[1] It is a single internal entity overseeing all wholly owned development studios within SCE. It is responsible for the creative and strategic direction of development and production of all computer entertainment software by all SCE-owned studios, all of which is produced exclusively for the PlayStation family of consoles."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Worldwide_Studios

Microsoft is also a video game developer, especially now that they're working on Halo themselves.

343i is developing halo not Microsoft.  

Sony is still a publisher.  Show me games that they have developed if you can say other wise.  not a studio that is named after sony that is specifically built to develope games.  Show me where they actually have developed something and it better not be a decade old.  

Nintendo is the only gaming company.  Sony and Microsoft are enteraintment/Electronic giants who entered the gaming market with hardware but they still dont make the games.  That is why they buy 1st party developers.  Because they develope for them.

Honestly, I really don't understand what you're talking about.  These are wholly owned studios.  Their employees are Sony employees.  Because these studios have a name infront of them makes no difference at all.  I mean, SCE Santa Monica Studio?  That's the name, Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica Studio.

"Microsoft Studios is the video game production wing for Microsoft, responsible for the development and publishing of games for the Xbox, Xbox 360, Games for Windows and Windows Phone platforms. They were established in 2002 as Microsoft Game Studios to coincide with the release of the Xbox, before being re-branded in 2011. Microsoft Studios develops and publishes games in conjunction with first and third party development studios under their publishing label."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios

I don't mean to turn this into a big deal, and this is the last I'm going to post about it, but you're wrong about this.  The studio names are just for promotional and organizational purposes.  Unless you're saying that the different studios that work on Microsoft computer software aren't really Microsoft, either?

Not that this discussion has ANYTHING to do with Sony or Nintendo... Who is claiming that Sony/Microsoft "aren't developers" and only "publish" games. Uhmm you should probably read up on acquisitions before posting nonsense lol. Nintendo is the only company that "develops" games because they never BOUGHT a single studio like EVERY OTHER COMPANY did lol... It's pretty much the most common practice for coporations to BUYOUT competitors or other companies, then bring them under their umbrella.

There is literally NO destinction between a developer or ANY company being acquired, and nintendo developing "in house"  because they never had the money to buy to throw around. You're creating something in your own mind lol. A reason to "buy nintendo games" because you don't think company acquisitions are a viable method of developing/publishing games. You don't know what you're talking about.

It makes no sense lol.

theprof00 said:
BenVTrigger said:
The responses in this thread are quickly making me lose hope for the community......

Do none of you desire good quality discussion? All I keep seeing are people arguing about who trolls who harder, who is in the right, who is in the wrong.

Thats not what this is about. Its about derailing quality discussion with over opinionated negative posts.

Do you guys really care about your chunks of plastic that much? Respect all userbases and dont disrupt threads of anything regardless of the console.

If somone makes a thread called Do you think Rare suck? Go in and bash rare if you want. If someone makes a thread called Whats your opinion on Xbox and Xbox live attack all you want.

But just charging into a thread that is discussing something the Xbox fans find cool and disrupting it with negativity is frankly pathetic. Same thing if a MS fan charges into a Ninty or Sony thread and did the same thing

If that was your intent, then you should've come up with a different OP and title.
AFAIC, while your thread wasn't flamebait, it was very clearly targetting Sony fans, so I came in to share the facts. The facts were shared, now let's all get along, and as I said before, stop pointing fingers.

Targeting Sony fans? Self conscious much?  I never even mentioned the word Sony in the OP at all.  Im a Sony fan why woukd I attack them?

The thread was targeted at anyone who blindly targets MS threads and disrupt the discussion whether they are Sony, Ninty, PC, Sega, 3DO, Atari, or whatever fans.

JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
Jaywood, you do know that Nintendo is comprised of studios too, correct? It's not "developed by Nintendo", that's just the umbrella. Each studio has its own head, and would go independant if Nintendo ever fell.

Very aware of this.  If nintendo shut down in the console business you would still see them develping mario, zelda, etc for other consoles.  Because they are both a developer and publisher.  They bought other companies etc.  Sega is in the same boat.  MSFT and Sony buys studios and hires developers.  If you want to call internal studios like 343i, SCE Santa Monica sony/MSFT i guess you could say that they develop though. 

Although this brings up a very big question for me if it is the case.  Anyways Im going to PM you instead

You could at least apologize for telling me that I should at least know a little of what I am talking about. That would make me you look less bad.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

If that was your intent, then you should've come up with a different OP and title.
AFAIC, while your thread wasn't flamebait, it was very clearly targetting Sony fans, so I came in to share the facts. The facts were shared, now let's all get along, and as I said before, stop pointing fingers.

The OP only mentions Microsoft issues and bad comments made about Microsoft issues. It does target any fanbase in particular as the perpetrators  of those comment.

Haven't you read the threads about which consoles and fans are best buds? Who is most hated? etc etc?

But yes, I admit, that didn't need to say "targetting Sony fans" for the point to still get across, which was simply "pointing fingers at the opposition". Regardless of the verbiage, it was exclusive rather than inclusive rhetoric.

Around the Network

pertaining to the list Jaywood put up, I think that thread shows the active members of the VGC community, I find it hard to believe that out of a possible 80,000+ accounts that they're only 31 MS fans.

specially with the rise of these "new accounts" and people coming back from the dead with accounts from 2007

JayWood2010 said:.

....MSFT and Sony buys studios and hires developers.  If you want to call internal studios like 343i, SCE Santa Monica sony/MSFT i guess you could say that they develop though.

Dood you said something wrong and you could have apologised, instead you are draggin this on.

Sony is a developer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Japan_Studio

I've never engaged in this bashing at all

ironmanDX said:
Max King of the Wild said:

Funny thing I notice immediatly is the lack of well known 360 fans in that list. Second thing I notice is ronestar may love sega but he switched to 360. and j_allard is with 360 too. (if we are to talk about the big 3 strictly) and the last thing I notice is the amount of names unrecognizable to me in the sony list.

I cant be bothered to look at the lists now but in my opinion they are are close when I add the people i know off the top of my head to MS and subtract the ones I dont on the Sony threads. Probably like 50 MS to 60-70 Sony.

Xbox only has 31 people to begin with!! Where'd 50 come from?

Ronestar, J_allard, DirtyP, Sales_2008, starcraft, nightsurge, legend11... I can keep going... and on the other hand...

Sony list, raytraceme has 9 posts and is perma, goochdestroyer has 30 posts, para182 has 6, puredante has almost 500... but it turns in an average of .44 posts a day which means he doesn't even comment every other day... bollocks has 12 posts... and i can keep going again

AbbathTheGrim said:
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:

You could at least apologize for telling me that I should at least know a little of what I am talking about. That would make me you look less bad.

lol I apologize then XD  I didnt really think about internal studios built from the ground up.  

In specific i was talking about the company themselves.  Like Sony builds the hardware and they have developers develop for them.  It is still internal though which is something i didnt take into account.

Nintendo literally makes the games and hardware.  They have bought a lot of companies since first debuting decades ago though.