By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

JackReacher said:
pokoko said:

Honestly, I really don't understand what you're talking about.  These are wholly owned studios.  Their employees are Sony employees.  Because these studios have a name infront of them makes no difference at all.  I mean, SCE Santa Monica Studio?  That's the name, Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica Studio.

"Microsoft Studios is the video game production wing for Microsoft, responsible for the development and publishing of games for the Xbox, Xbox 360, Games for Windows and Windows Phone platforms. They were established in 2002 as Microsoft Game Studios to coincide with the release of the Xbox, before being re-branded in 2011. Microsoft Studios develops and publishes games in conjunction with first and third party development studios under their publishing label."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios

I don't mean to turn this into a big deal, and this is the last I'm going to post about it, but you're wrong about this.  The studio names are just for promotional and organizational purposes.  Unless you're saying that the different studios that work on Microsoft computer software aren't really Microsoft, either?

Not that this discussion has ANYTHING to do with Sony or Nintendo... Who is claiming that Sony/Microsoft "aren't developers" and only "publish" games. Uhmm you should probably read up on acquisitions before posting nonsense lol. Nintendo is the only company that "develops" games because they never BOUGHT a single studio like EVERY OTHER COMPANY did lol... It's pretty much the most common practice for coporations to BUYOUT competitors or other companies, then bring them under their umbrella.

There is literally NO destinction between a developer or ANY company being acquired, and nintendo developing "in house"  because they never had the money to buy to throw around. You're creating something in your own mind lol. A reason to "buy nintendo games" because you don't think company acquisitions are a viable method of developing/publishing games. You don't know what you're talking about.

It makes no sense lol.

Uh.  Are you sure you're replying to the right person?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
ironmanDX said:

Funny thing I notice immediatly is the lack of well known 360 fans in that list. Second thing I notice is ronestar may love sega but he switched to 360. and j_allard is with 360 too. (if we are to talk about the big 3 strictly) and the last thing I notice is the amount of names unrecognizable to me in the sony list.

I cant be bothered to look at the lists now but in my opinion they are are close when I add the people i know off the top of my head to MS and subtract the ones I dont on the Sony threads. Probably like 50 MS to 60-70 Sony.

Xbox only has 31 people to begin with!! Where'd 50 come from?

Ronestar, J_allard, DirtyP, Sales_2008, starcraft, nightsurge, legend11... I can keep going... and on the other hand...

Sony list, raytraceme has 9 posts and is perma, goochdestroyer has 30 posts, para182 has 6, puredante has almost 500... but it turns in an average of .44 posts a day which means he doesn't even comment every other day... bollocks has 12 posts... and i can keep going again

You need to name 70 MSFT fans. Have fun

BenVTrigger said:
theprof00 said:
BenVTrigger said:
The responses in this thread are quickly making me lose hope for the community......

Do none of you desire good quality discussion? All I keep seeing are people arguing about who trolls who harder, who is in the right, who is in the wrong.

Thats not what this is about. Its about derailing quality discussion with over opinionated negative posts.

Do you guys really care about your chunks of plastic that much? Respect all userbases and dont disrupt threads of anything regardless of the console.

If somone makes a thread called Do you think Rare suck? Go in and bash rare if you want. If someone makes a thread called Whats your opinion on Xbox and Xbox live attack all you want.

But just charging into a thread that is discussing something the Xbox fans find cool and disrupting it with negativity is frankly pathetic. Same thing if a MS fan charges into a Ninty or Sony thread and did the same thing

If that was your intent, then you should've come up with a different OP and title.
AFAIC, while your thread wasn't flamebait, it was very clearly targetting Sony fans, so I came in to share the facts. The facts were shared, now let's all get along, and as I said before, stop pointing fingers.

Targeting Sony fans? Self conscious much?  I never even mentioned the word Sony in the OP at all.  Im a Sony fan why woukd I attack them?

The thread was targeted at anyone who blindly targets MS threads and disrupt the discussion whether they are Sony, Ninty, PC, Sega, 3DO, Atari, or whatever fans.

I responded to this in a quote above. Doesn't need to say sony fans, just "opposition". My point, which you're evading, is that while you say the OP was meant to 'stop with the negativity by everyone', it actually said, 'stop attacking ms', and it's unfair that you take the tone of 'you're missing the big picture', when you clearly wrote the OP without thinking of the big picture.

LOL

JayWood2010 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
Jaywood, you do know that Nintendo is comprised of studios too, correct? It's not "developed by Nintendo", that's just the umbrella. Each studio has its own head, and would go independant if Nintendo ever fell.

Very aware of this.  If nintendo shut down in the console business you would still see them develping mario, zelda, etc for other consoles.  Because they are both a developer and publisher.  They bought other companies etc.  Sega is in the same boat.  MSFT and Sony buys studios and hires developers.  If you want to call internal studios like 343i, SCE Santa Monica sony/MSFT i guess you could say that they develop though. 

Although this brings up a very big question for me if it is the case.  Anyways Im going to PM you instead

You could at least apologize for telling me that I should at least know a little of what I am talking about. That would make me you look less bad.

lol I apologize then XD  I didnt really think about internal studios built from the ground up.  

In specific i was talking about the company themselves.  Like Sony builds the hardware and they have developers develope for them.  It is still internal though which is something i didnt take into account.

Nintendo literally makes the games and hardware.  They have bought a lot of companies since first debuting decades ago though.

No prob. I screw up as well regularily. :) But sometimes it is better to be careful, espcially when we look down upon others. I was simply talking about the uncertainty of what could happen to those games those companies own. It all comes down to games in the, doesn't it?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
ironmanDX said:

Funny thing I notice immediatly is the lack of well known 360 fans in that list. Second thing I notice is ronestar may love sega but he switched to 360. and j_allard is with 360 too. (if we are to talk about the big 3 strictly) and the last thing I notice is the amount of names unrecognizable to me in the sony list.

I cant be bothered to look at the lists now but in my opinion they are are close when I add the people i know off the top of my head to MS and subtract the ones I dont on the Sony threads. Probably like 50 MS to 60-70 Sony.

Ronestar, J_allard, DirtyP, Sales_2008, starcraft, nightsurge, legend11... I can keep going... and on the other hand...

Sony list, raytraceme has 9 posts and is perma, goochdestroyer has 30 posts, para182 has 6, puredante has almost 500... but it turns in an average of .44 posts a day which means he doesn't even comment every other day... bollocks has 12 posts... and i can keep going again

You need to name 70 MSFT fans. Have fun

that actually wouldnt be hard if you are counting people who rarely post and who juyst signed up...

BenVTrigger said:

Seriously. 

It seems like almost every time I go into a thread that has anything to do with MS at least half the comments are just bashing MS and Xbox.

Rare is a terrible developer

MS only cares about casuals

MS has no franchises

Xbox Live Iis a rip off

Kinect is dumb

MS fans only play shooters

I could go on for days.  A little criticism is fine as not everyone will like Xbox or it's games but it makes any sort of MS discussion nearly impossible in these forums.  People wonder why since the day this website started MS has always had a very small presence here and part of it is the constant endless downplaying of nearly everything Xbox related. 

from what i seen xbox fans are the coolest of all three, they don't really post much on message boards cause they rather play there multi player games online, they really don't argure about graphics much,  They are just not very active on the internet cause they rather game, and i condider that a good thing.

theprof00 said:
BenVTrigger said:
theprof00 said:
BenVTrigger said:
The responses in this thread are quickly making me lose hope for the community......

Do none of you desire good quality discussion? All I keep seeing are people arguing about who trolls who harder, who is in the right, who is in the wrong.

Thats not what this is about. Its about derailing quality discussion with over opinionated negative posts.

Do you guys really care about your chunks of plastic that much? Respect all userbases and dont disrupt threads of anything regardless of the console.

If somone makes a thread called Do you think Rare suck? Go in and bash rare if you want. If someone makes a thread called Whats your opinion on Xbox and Xbox live attack all you want.

But just charging into a thread that is discussing something the Xbox fans find cool and disrupting it with negativity is frankly pathetic. Same thing if a MS fan charges into a Ninty or Sony thread and did the same thing

If that was your intent, then you should've come up with a different OP and title.
AFAIC, while your thread wasn't flamebait, it was very clearly targetting Sony fans, so I came in to share the facts. The facts were shared, now let's all get along, and as I said before, stop pointing fingers.

Targeting Sony fans? Self conscious much?  I never even mentioned the word Sony in the OP at all.  Im a Sony fan why woukd I attack them?

The thread was targeted at anyone who blindly targets MS threads and disrupt the discussion whether they are Sony, Ninty, PC, Sega, 3DO, Atari, or whatever fans.

I responded to this in a quote above. Doesn't need to say sony fans, just "opposition". My point, which you're evading, is that while you say the OP was meant to 'stop with the negativity by everyone', it actually said, 'stop attacking ms', and it's unfair that you take the tone of 'you're missing the big picture', when you clearly wrote the OP without thinking of the big picture.

The opposition?  There is no opposition for me. Ive owned a PS3 and Vita since launch, am a PS+ member since it started and will buy a PS4 on day 1

I personally think that the MS threads get the most negativity / downplaying though.  Almost to the point it makes discussion incredibly difficult so I made this thread.  Theres no conspiracy theory here

pezus said:
ironmanDX said:

Is Kowen even on the list?

What about me? I am the biggest Xbox fanboy here.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

pezus said:
ironmanDX said:

Is Kowen even on the list?

Yeah, it's too long to post in this thread otherwise I would.