By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

pezus said:
brendude13 said:
Holy crap, that was really close to my prediction for Vita sales. I knew people were being to pessimistic!

Didn't you say something like 41,325?

I changed it an hour or two ago. So did ThatGreekGuy.

EDIT: Shit, this was posted before. I hadn't seen it, honest.

Around the Network

lol typical japanese prefer Hatsune Mika to Far Cry 3, course they would, little girls are involved.

>User was moderated for this post [RH]

Jozu said:
lol typical japanese prefer Hatsune Mika to Far Cry 3, course they would, little girls are involved.

Please, Hatsune Miku is a great rythm game. 

Conegamer said:
I wouldn't get too happy guys. The Vita has seen its biggest release of the year right off the back of a price cut, and outsells the 3DS for the first (maybe last?) time.

This is good news, but it's not the norm. Don't expect it to happen again.

A week ago I was saying Vita wouldn't outsell 3DS any time soon. I was wrong.

I don't think anyone said this was the norm either. You're just making up excuses to downplay this massive achivement. 2 weeks ago Vita was dead and now it outsold the dominant platform. Competition brings innovation. So even if you're a 3DS fan, this should make you happy.

smbu2000 said:
small44 said:

A week before the release people said the game will not even sold 50k and now people said the game is supposed to be the psvita saviour!

I don`t even consider Monster Hunter the psp saviour,sure Monster Hunter help a lot the psp but without other 3rd party games like Persona/Hatsune Miku,Final Fantasy ,AKB etc psp would sold a lot less.

It's been predicted to be the Vita savior since last year, which is why so many thought it was a bad move to delay the release of the game. I guess Sony wanted to counter the release of MH4, which was supposed to be in March until it was delayed, with their big Vita games/price cut. The only problem for the Vita is that it doesn't have any big exclusive games left for 2013, unless Sony has a Vita Heaven 3 up their sleeve with big unannounced games. Nothing left to counter the big exclusive (Pokemon/MH4) and medium sized games that will be released on the 3ds.

A game who save console lonely does not exist you think if 3DS had only Monster Hunter it will that`s well?

Soul Sacrifice at least had save one week for psvita and nothing proove that Soul Sacrifice will not have legs.

At least line up of vita this year it's better then last year and i'm sure the next year we will see big exclusive for vita

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Vita is damned impressive! Maintaining sales and even beating 3DS is unbelievable.

It's definitely still too early to make conclusions just yet - and for all we know Vita could dive back next week - but what it managed this week is no small feat.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
Vita is damned impressive! Maintaining sales and even beating 3DS is unbelievable.

It's definitely still too early to make conclusions just yet - and for all we know Vita could dive back next week - but what it managed this week is no small feat.

Who are you and what did you do to Immortal?

Vita=Soul Sacrafice!!!!!!
2nd Week Price Cut
Other Software

3DS= Nothing New (dead week)

Of course Vita could beat 3DS, even though i thought vita sales would be 45k O.o

Immortal said:

3DS has 1 fairly big game and 1 massive game with bundles this week and next which ment people probably holding out on buying a 3DS this week waiting for those bundles., allowing the Vita a sneak win.

ethomaz said:
I can see the next week 35k (no big release)... the week after 50k (OP baby).

Great for Vita.

I don't see Vita going up really that second week. It's nothing huge really that week and Luigi's Mansion 2 launches.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.