By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

lol such predictable downplay attempts by the usual suspects..I swear I knew who they will be even before entering the thread

Anywho Fantastic Soul Sacrifice numbers..over 150k easily first week. Been reading impressions of the game from users and it sounds like such an amazing title. Hope Sony releases a demo soon over here..really want to try it out

When is DQX releasing for the wiiu? It needs it real bad at this point. Can someone remind me again why many were saying WiiU will control the japanese non-handheld market?

And F U Japan..buy more Layton!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Immortal said:
Vita is damned impressive! Maintaining sales and even beating 3DS is unbelievable.

It's definitely still too early to make conclusions just yet - and for all we know Vita could dive back next week - but what it managed this week is no small feat.

Who are you and what did you do to Immortal?

Not as if I'm happy about it, though.

Besides, I'll always point it out if I find something like this impressive. If I don't make these comments about Sony/MS often, it's because they're not actually impressive very often, :P.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah certainly the PS3 game is going to be the bigger one. I mean, the Vita title isn't even in COMG at all.

Well I read in GAF the Vita version have ~300p and the PS3 one ~500p of popularity in Japan... are the second and first games of the chartz.

I was just referring to this:

I know it's not that accurate all the time, but the Vita version must have less than 27 points, and as such I'd imagine it will have no effect on Vita sales. I don't trust these GAF stats. They were the place who said the Vita was the most wanted console in Japan in January.

Yeah they were pretty accurate with Soul Sacrifice as well. It is nowhere to be seen in Media Create and Famitsu data.

BTW you must be pretty interested in Vita. I mean I've never seen a Vita owner commenting about it this much. I mean if Vita can create such emotions it shows that it is a good product. Looking forward to see you in the official thread.

michael_stutzer said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah certainly the PS3 game is going to be the bigger one. I mean, the Vita title isn't even in COMG at all.

Well I read in GAF the Vita version have ~300p and the PS3 one ~500p of popularity in Japan... are the second and first games of the chartz.

I was just referring to this:

I know it's not that accurate all the time, but the Vita version must have less than 27 points, and as such I'd imagine it will have no effect on Vita sales. I don't trust these GAF stats. They were the place who said the Vita was the most wanted console in Japan in January.

Yeah they were pretty accurate with Soul Sacrifice as well. It is nowhere to be seen in Media Create and Famitsu data.

BTW you must be pretty interested in Vita. I mean I've never seen a Vita owner commenting about it this much. I mean if Vita can create such emotions it shows that it is a good product. Looking forward to see you in the official thread.

what have you done!?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
michael_stutzer said:

what have you done!?

Lots of Nintendo fans are showing interest in Vita this week. We must welcome them with open arms :p.

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
michael_stutzer said:

what have you done!?

Lots of Nintendo fans are showing interest in Vita this week. We must welcome them with open arms :p.

sureeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

'hides the gun'

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

M.U.G.E.N said:
When is DQX releasing for the wiiu? It needs it real bad at this point. Can someone remind me again why many were saying WiiU will control the japanese non-handheld market? 

1) Mario
2) Monster Hunter
3) Dragon Quest
4) Pokémon
5) Animal Crossing

And it will control that market, but it's pretty irrelevant. Japan represents something like 10% of the global home console market.

I mean, the best-selling PS3 game in Japan was FFXIII... and the Wii had 9 games that outsold that. It had 14 million-sellers in Japan to the PS3's 2. In the long run, Wii U will win out. It will keep those blockbusters that pushed Wii sales, even if the "Wii series" doesn't make such a powerful return.

Very surprised, surpassed my expectations, they were very low and I admit that after all the details I was going to update it, but I felt like that was cheating.

PSV not only went up from last week, but was ahead of the mighty 3DS, quite impressive.

Layton and DQVII falling like rocks. But I reckon they will crawl to decent numbers.

A rather big drop from Animal crossing, I wish Bruno also posts here the comparisons with Wild World.

Seriously, this game, is surreal:

30./23. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 3.265 / 437.080 (-15%)

the_dengle said:
Very impressive, Vita! Is this the first week it has ever been ahead of 3DS??

PSV launch, and, ...don't know if there are any others.

ethomaz said:
Pac-Sony again... two weeks in a row.

I was going to say that this week your pac-man post would actually make sense, but then I see this, and ....sigh. SS fell short of being PSV biggest FW on Japan, you must be dissapointed.

M.U.G.E.N said:
lol such predictable downplay attempts by the usual suspects..I swear I knew who they will be even before entering the thread

Anywho Fantastic Soul Sacrifice numbers..over 150k easily first week. Been reading impressions of the game from users and it sounds like such an amazing title. Hope Sony releases a demo soon over here..really want to try it out

And F U Japan..buy more Layton!

At the end of March, if I'm not wrong. But it won't do much to change the actual situation of WiiU.  Many people expected that a combination of NSMB and MH would create a similar effect as the 3 games 3DS had at the end of 2011. Can't say that they were wrong at the time, that sounded like a pretty good launch titles, applying logic once events have passed it's rather silly, same can be said about 3DS initial performance, and PSV performance. Well that of course applies to rational people, and not to those filled with emotions and huge expectations.

benao87 said:

I was going to say that this week your pac-man post would actually make sense, but then I see this, and ....sigh. SS fell short of being PSV biggest FW on Japan, you must be dissapointed.

Yeap but it is the best new IP FW for handhelds ever in Japan... anyway the best FW for Vita was 150k... 136k was close.

the_dengle said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

1) Mario
2) Monster Hunter
3) Dragon Quest
4) Pokémon
5) Animal Crossing

And it will control that market, but it's pretty irrelevant. Japan represents something like 10% of the global home console market.

I mean, the best-selling PS3 game in Japan was FFXIII... and the Wii had 9 games that outsold that. It had 14 million-sellers in Japan to the PS3's 2. In the long run, Wii U will win out. It will keep those blockbusters that pushed Wii sales, even if the "Wii series" doesn't make such a powerful return.

Afaik they have not announced a pokemon for the system ..unless you are talking about some spin off mini game like scenario

It already has Mario

DQ X is coming up for sure...when is the release date? Curious to see how it affects the sales

Animal crossing? Again don't think there's a wiiu title yet...but even if it did I doubt it will have a similar effect to the handheld entries

Monster Hunter: This is the interesting one. Is MH 4 announced for wiiU? Late ports don't do much for home consoles when it comes to MonHun

If you only focus on highest sellers vs Highest sellers you will miss the reality that PS3 had a ton of support in Japan..still does. I do think wii U will outsell other home consoles in Japan but I don't see it dominating the market at all

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!