By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

ethomaz said:
benao87 said:

I was going to say that this week your pac-man post would actually make sense, but then I see this, and ....sigh. SS fell short of being PSV biggest FW on Japan, you must be dissapointed.

Yeap but it is the best new IP FW for handhelds ever in Japan... anyway the best FW for Vita was 150k... 136k was close.

What are you talking about? Seriously you need to calm down, get your facts straight and then post. Probably you mean SCEJ biggest IP launch on handhelds.

And, where are you getting that 136k? Is that form the double pack thing? I don't know what the double is about.

Around the Network
Claymore said:

Tales of hearts flopped by far the worst opening in Japan, even the spin offs did better.

I don't know I think it's going great numbers. I only thought it was going to do 20-30k first week though. Given this is really just a HD port of a 4-5 year old game NamcoBandai are essentually just getting free money. The original only did about 200-250k lifetime.

benao87 said:

What are you talking about? Seriously you need to calm down, get your facts straight and then post. Probably you mean SCEJ biggest IP launch on handhelds.

And, where are you getting that 136k? Is that form the double pack thing? I don't know what the double is about.

Bah... the previous best selling new IP from SCEJ sold 40k... I never saw a new IP selling that munch in a handheld... can you show me one? And Double pack is two units of the game sold together.

Well I was hoping ps vita wouldn't drop below 40k, so it going up is great news for me. I expect 30k-40k next week, because only niche stuff coming out, and likely supply would be limited.

3ds being lower isn't really shocking, not a lot of big releases right now...maybe how Sony planned it, they noticed a break in 3ds games and spike in vita games and decided it was the best time to drop the price. Next week there is Super Robot Taisen, I don't expect a big boost, but it should sustain above Vita. Wildly guessing 65k.

Wii U, well it isn't dropping as fast anymore at least...next week will just be worse. 8500 I predict.

ethomaz said:

benao87 said:

Bah... the previous best selling new IP from SCEJ sold 40k... I never saw a new IP selling that munch in a handheld... can you show me one? And Double pack is two units of the game sold together.

God Eater for PSP, and Bravely Default are the ones I remember now, I'm sure there are more.

Two copies, physical copies? .....Two copies? whats the purpose of selling two copies?

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Afaik they have not announced a pokemon for the system ..unless you are talking about some spin off mini game like scenario

It already has Mario

DQ X is coming up for sure...when is the release date? Curious to see how it affects the sales

Animal crossing? Again don't think there's a wiiu title yet...but even if it did I doubt it will have a similar effect to the handheld entries

Monster Hunter: This is the interesting one. Is MH 4 announced for wiiU? Late ports don't do much for home consoles when it comes to MonHun

If you only focus on highest sellers vs Highest sellers you will miss the reality that PS3 had a ton of support in Japan..still does. I do think wii U will outsell other home consoles in Japan but I don't see it dominating the market at all

Wii U has a Mario game. It doesn't have 3D Mario, it doesn't have Mario Kart. It's pointless to compare Animal Crossing home console games to Animal Crossing handheld games -- sure, the home versions' sales pale in comparison... but the Wii version still sold over a million in Japan. Wii U has these heavy hitters coming. It's going to do very well in its home country. But again, Japan is irrelevant in the home console market.

ethomaz said:
benao87 said:

I was going to say that this week your pac-man post would actually make sense, but then I see this, and ....sigh. SS fell short of being PSV biggest FW on Japan, you must be dissapointed.

Yeap but it is the best new IP FW for handhelds ever in Japan... anyway the best FW for Vita was 150k... 136k was close.

Try harder. Superlatives are strong words.

michael_stutzer said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah certainly the PS3 game is going to be the bigger one. I mean, the Vita title isn't even in COMG at all.

Well I read in GAF the Vita version have ~300p and the PS3 one ~500p of popularity in Japan... are the second and first games of the chartz.

I was just referring to this:

I know it's not that accurate all the time, but the Vita version must have less than 27 points, and as such I'd imagine it will have no effect on Vita sales. I don't trust these GAF stats. They were the place who said the Vita was the most wanted console in Japan in January.

Yeah they were pretty accurate with Soul Sacrifice as well. It is nowhere to be seen in Media Create and Famitsu data.

BTW you must be pretty interested in Vita. I mean I've never seen a Vita owner commenting about it this much. I mean if Vita can create such emotions it shows that it is a good product. Looking forward to see you in the official thread.

Well I am pretty interested in the Vita. I do have one, after all. Soul Sacrifice may well be the next game I get for it as well!

I would post in the Vita thread, but sadly I feel as though it moves too quickly for my liking (I have in the past) so I pretty much just see what the top stories are and check through the posts from time to time. 

I also don't quite know what I've done to upset M.U.G.E.N quite so much, but there you are. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

radiantshadow92 said:
this is proof that games sell systems. sick vita numbers.

and price cut

the_dengle said:

Do you know what means new IP? Pokemon is not a new IP.

the_dengle said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Afaik they have not announced a pokemon for the system ..unless you are talking about some spin off mini game like scenario

It already has Mario

DQ X is coming up for sure...when is the release date? Curious to see how it affects the sales

Animal crossing? Again don't think there's a wiiu title yet...but even if it did I doubt it will have a similar effect to the handheld entries

Monster Hunter: This is the interesting one. Is MH 4 announced for wiiU? Late ports don't do much for home consoles when it comes to MonHun

If you only focus on highest sellers vs Highest sellers you will miss the reality that PS3 had a ton of support in Japan..still does. I do think wii U will outsell other home consoles in Japan but I don't see it dominating the market at all

Wii U has a Mario game. It doesn't have 3D Mario, it doesn't have Mario Kart. It's pointless to compare Animal Crossing home console games to Animal Crossing handheld games -- sure, the home versions' sales pale in comparison... but the Wii version still sold over a million in Japan. Wii U has these heavy hitters coming. It's going to do very well in its home country. But again, Japan is irrelevant in the home console market.

ethomaz said:
benao87 said:

But 2D mario is THE biggest mario game..and look how much that has helped. Don't think a 3d mario game would do any better. I might be wrong about Animal Crossing tho. Time will tell

My comment however wasn't about the system doing well in JP..it's about how it was going to 'dominate' the market. I definitely think it will do well but I don't see it dominating in the long run. This however can change if Sony fucks up the launch which is more than possible. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!