By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

Deyon said:

Where is that dude who told me that i'm stupid to think that Vita can outsell 3DS in march

COME OUT NOW!!

well that guy will feel dumb, but is it that big of an accomplishment? Vita has massive games coming out last and this week with SS being an amazing game with a price cut in its 2nd week while Nintendo hasn't had anything major this week nor last week. It only beat 3ds by 2-4k.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Also, I have to ask:

What caused the PSP spike this week? One decent selling release seems a bit much to have caused a ~6k increase in sales.

I consider it more handheld buyers out in the stores. Since most would be 3DS owners already the 3DS dropped while other handhelds went up and consoles did whatever.

PSP buyers need to just start buying Vitas instead... ulgh.

tbone51 said:

well that guy will feel dumb, but is it that big of an accomplishment? Vita has massive games coming out last and this week with SS being an amazing game with a price cut in its 2nd week while Nintendo hasn't had anything major this week nor last week. It only beat 3ds by 2-4k.

Eh, beating the 3DS is more of a symbolic victory. The actual accomplishment is maintaining 60k for two consecutive weeks. In my opinion that's quite impressive.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the Vita sold more than the 3DS, because there weren't really any notable 3DS releases that week, while the Vita had its recent price cut along with more than one notable release.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
About this pricecut, wasn't Vita's official this week? And last week's was certain stores premature cut? Or am I seeing things ?

Anyway, great week for Vita for sure. Some solid numbers finally and the new games did good! Let's hope for the system's sake that it doesn't drop back to abysmal levels. 3DS okay, but should go up again soon with all the upcoming games. WiiU's game drought needs to end right now as it's getting ridiculous. Launch windows... They suck.

Premature cut was 2 weeks ago, official was a week ago.

Yeap... a dead handheld outselling a successful handheld is not a accomplishment lol lol lol

ethomaz said:
Yeap... a dead handheld outselling a successful handheld is not a accomplishment lol lol lol

1.its not a dead handheld 2. its not an accomplishment, its like if ps3 had no games in 3 weeks and wii u has Metroid game+DK with a price cut and then wii u beats it by 2-5k. for just ONE WEEK. That isn't an accomplishment, wat is an accomplishment is how well SS sold. I give it to that impressive number including vita #s but just cause it beat 3DS by 2k or 5k is jus plain silly. Jus sayin

The fact that Vita had no drop is surprising. Let's see how long this lasts. I don't expect a major cut off this week, though. (Only a slight fall. Nothing too alarming...)

Animal Crossing is still holding strong. It's sad that VGC's number is still off by some. 3DS is still nice, needs new gaemz!
"Wii U is set out to be the new Wii! Amazing sales!" - Said no one, ever.

S.Peelman said:
About this pricecut, wasn't Vita's official this week? And last week's was certain stores premature cut? Or am I seeing things ?

Anyway, great week for Vita for sure. Some solid numbers finally and the new games did good! Let's hope for the system's sake that it doesn't drop back to abysmal levels. 3DS okay, but should go up again soon with all the upcoming games. WiiU's game drought needs to end right now as it's getting ridiculous. Launch windows... They suck.

The official price cut was the 28th.  So there might be some residual affect from that since the last chart didn't technically have a full week with a reduced price.