By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

ethomaz said:
Yeap... a dead handheld outselling a successful handheld is not a accomplishment lol lol lol

Right when I saw this thread I knew people were going to act as if 1'000 or so is a huge gain over the 3DS. It's good, yeah (especially since it had no drop really) but not something to go yelling on the streets about, yet.

One week when the 3DS sells a little above the PSV I'm going to post, "Woot! Look at the 3DS goooo!" (Actually, I'm not. I promise!)

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Kresnik said:
Also, I have to ask:

What caused the PSP spike this week? One decent selling release seems a bit much to have caused a ~6k increase in sales.

I consider it more handheld buyers out in the stores. Since most would be 3DS owners already the 3DS dropped while other handhelds went up and consoles did whatever.

That's... a pretty interesting theory, actually :P

tbone51 said:

1.its not a dead handheld 2. its not an accomplishment, its like if ps3 had no games in 3 weeks and wii u has Metroid game+DK with a price cut and then wii u beats it by 2-5k. for just ONE WEEK. That isn't an accomplishment, wat is an accomplishment is how well SS sold. I give it to that impressive number including vita #s but just cause it beat 3DS by 2k or 5k is jus plain silly. Jus sayin

PSV outselling 3DS is like 360 outselling PS3 in Japan... think a little about.

SS did less than I expected but not too less..

NintendoPie said:

Right when I saw this thread I knew people were going to act as if 1'000 or so is a huge gain over the 3DS. It's good, yeah (especially since it had no drop really) but not something to go yelling on the streets about, yet.

One week when the 3DS sells a little above the PSV I'm going to post, "Woot! Look at the 3DS goooo!" (Actually, I'm not. I promise!)

What did you expect? Vita sold like crap all this time and it finally outsells the competition in it's biggest territory. So of course were gonna act like that.

Btw, i predicted right last week.

Deyon said:

What did you expect? Vita sold like crap all this time and it finally outsells the competition in it's biggest territory. So of course were gonna act like that.

Btw, i predicted right last week.

I expected people to act like this. I'm not surprised, really. 

It's really pretty good weekly sales. That's something to celebrate over. But to celebrate over 1'000 more than the competition? That is somewhat odd.

Around the Network

Psv outselling 3ds is an accomplishment. 3ds outselling the psv is an accomplishment but expected and no big deal.

NintendoPie said:

When a machine is outsold by the competition for one full year... one unique week is a HUGE accomplishment... and can be one of few to happened in the entry life of this machine.

PS. Your previous avatar was more cute

NintendoPie said:

I expected people to act like this. I'm not surprised, really. 

It's really pretty good weekly sales. That's something to celebrate over. But to celebrate over 1'000 more than the competition? That is somewhat odd.

So in a basketball game, if a team wins by 1 point they shouldn't celebrate or consider it a win, because they won by 1 point?

ethomaz said:
tbone51 said:

1.its not a dead handheld 2. its not an accomplishment, its like if ps3 had no games in 3 weeks and wii u has Metroid game+DK with a price cut and then wii u beats it by 2-5k. for just ONE WEEK. That isn't an accomplishment, wat is an accomplishment is how well SS sold. I give it to that impressive number including vita #s but just cause it beat 3DS by 2k or 5k is jus plain silly. Jus sayin

PSV outselling 3DS is like 360 outselling PS3 in Japan... think a little about.

SS did less than I expected but not too less..

if X360 sold more than every other console or handheld in JAPAN, Nintendo+Sony should just be buried lmao.

Deyon said:

So in a basketball game, if a team wins by 1 point they shouldn't celebrate or consider it a win, because they won by 1 point?

What a bad comparison. You can't be serious about that...