By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could the Wii hit over 150 million??(because China)

I've been wondering about this for a long time! China has a population of over 1 billion!(if i'm not mistaken.) The Wii would also appeal to Chinese a lot! (wiifit yoga for the sensei!!) what do you think? (it's almost a certainty that Wii will become Nintendo's best selling console and hit past 100 million. But how far do you think it'll be past 100 million when you add China?)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

i think if ninty really gets the market theyre targeting for plus good success in china i think they have a shot at 150 mil,but wii will have a very low failure rate and i think that will stop some of its sales,unlike ps2 which got maybe 15%extra sales from the DRE

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

If wii fit becomes a CRAZE in China, then 150 million possible

Add India to the mix....

200 million possible!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yes if they increase production.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

^do you think wii will release in india?i think its unlikely that it will release there

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

yeah china is a big place
nintendo needs to start producing wiis in record numbers
if their going to china

China has problems. Until they start being fair with foreign businesses, I doubt Nintendo or MS or Sony can make headway there. Besides, the Vii rules China.

About the Vii... How is that thing doing over there in China?

Nintendo says they are launching in China this year. I would assume that means a very limited launch.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Do the Chinese all have enough money to buy video games, I thought that most of them are farmers and stuff like that.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

isn't the Vii the knockoff crap piece of doodoo that some company called "blentendo" is making? (their name isn't even original!)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius