By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Tomb Raider vs Uncharted argument has begun.

PullusPardus said:

Honestly the new Tomb Raider is better than every single uncharted game, you feel like you are discovering stuff, and you feel like you aren't being hand holded by stupid linear level design that is just covering and shooting and repeat and repeat.

Whoever says its Uncharted with tits obviously haven't played it.

I go as far as to say the optional tombs in the new uncharted are more fun to do than uncharted whole laughable "Puzzles"  , and they reward you, you feel you actually discovered something, unlike feeling you are watching a movie solve itself, and just shoot everyone. 

MOTHERFUCKING THIS!  I didn't want to make the thread but I'm glad somebody else did.  I had high expectations for this game but really, all I expected was Uncharted with Lara Croft (kind of ironic since Uncharted was kinda like Tomb Raider with Nathan Drake.).  This game carved its own identitiy almost immediately.  It took certain things from previous Tomb Raiders and expanded like you wouldn't believe.  Climbing walls, shooting roped arrows, the puzzles (My God, the puzzles!), the voice acting, the atmosphere--the set pieces--this game delivers like nobody's business.  I haven't played Uncharted 3 in a while but I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that this game's graphics are even better!  Yeah, I said it.

Uncharted has Tomb Raider beat in pacing (Tomb Raider has lots of quiet personal moments) and....some other area I can't think of but I'm sure it exists.  Tomb Raider is an epic game that makes me think of the Batman Arkham games.  I'm sure Uncharted will still have its fans that like it more than Tomb Raider (those that bother to play both) but the fact of the matter is, Uncharted is a much shallower and accessible experience while Tomb Raider seems to have tons more depth and innovation--especially in the gameplay department.  It's a must play!

Around the Network

Just for the record, I Sony is my least favorite company but I've been playing Uncharted games since before Uncharted 1 got Achievements. Uncharted 2, 3, and Golden Abyss were all day one purchases (and I have the trophies to prove it!). Tomb Raider is, in my biased opinion, a better package.

Haven't touched multi-player yet and I probably never will. Never played multi in Uncharted, either.

Here's the break down.

Tomb Raider comes out. Tomb raider goes silent and uncharted is released, some what inspired by Tomb Raider. Uncharted dominates the adventure genre and pulls in all sorts of accolades. Tomb Raider reboot comes out, arguably inspired by Uncharted.

Both games have their ups and downs, they are unique in their own way blah blah whoopty Fuckin' Doo.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I have played like 3 or four Tomb Raiders before playing Uncharted and Uncharted 2, there is no comparition in my opinion, Uncharted is a master piece mad by very inspired and dedicated artists, Tomb Raider, not so much.

The new one is very cool, but not as good as the Uncharteds.

Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones may have "created" the genre, but Uncharted perfected it.

Around the Network
Wright said:
This is my thought:

Ahahahaha

Ive been playing the new Tomb Raider since launch and it is without a doubt an amazing game, but 2 say its better then Uncharted.....id say no but its dam close, in terms on replay I will revisit Uncharted more then Tomb Raider.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

The games are similar but I think Uncharted is a master piece better than what Tomb Raider wanted to be. It is like a comparison between 8/10 game (TR) and 10/10 game (Uncharted).

It is funny how the some guys praise the fake open world present in Tomb Raider because the game is a linear corridor like Uncharted lol.

I kinda want to try this game out for myself just to see how it compares to Uncharted.

UnitSmiley said:
I kinda want to try this game out for myself just to see how it compares to Uncharted.

Same here. I didn't realize it was even comparable so that makes it more interesting.