By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The bans in Jaywood's thread are laudable

Hehe. Replace the d with gh and you've got my take on it. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
The guy was offering a deal.....what was with the zealots coming out in force? Strange how everyone jumps at the first opportunity nowadays to justify why they are better than someone else for what they bought.

That is what it's all about. "I am better than you because I chose the more successful product" seems to dominate many ppls thoughts. The social dysfunctions are quite obvious here. But keep in mind that we have "war"-times: PS4 is to launch this year, nextbox also. The arguments have to be repositioned and weapons have to be loaded so that the beloved company can finally rule the world! :)

No, no, that's not about this. If we look at the thread we cannot longer take IcyZones post out of context and ask why he got banned/warned. Context is bad for us!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

People have used disclaimers in threads before, some of these being Sony discussion threads. If you didn't like the deal you had to just not post. Every ban was well deserved and overdue in some cases. What's disappointing is some of those banned learnt nothing as the "penalty" didn't affect them due to bans expiring overnight.  There are plenty of threads bashing xbl and the cost, go post in one of those if you must post about it.

ANYBODY WHO COMES IN FLAMING OR TROLLING I WILL REPORT YOU. IF YOU DON'T "like my topic/idea/game/console" THEN DONT COMMENT.

Imagine if all threads from now on start with the above statement

walsufnir said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
The guy was offering a deal.....what was with the zealots coming out in force? Strange how everyone jumps at the first opportunity nowadays to justify why they are better than someone else for what they bought.

That is what it's all about. "I am better than you because I chose the more successful product" seems to dominate many ppls thoughts. The social dysfunctions are quite obvious here. But keep in mind that we have "war"-times: PS4 is to launch this year, nextbox also. The arguments have to be repositioned and weapons have to be loaded so that the beloved company can finally rule the world! :)

...and then Apple launch a console ! Game over man, game over!

Though what I find so ironic is that it is electonrics so you can simply go "mines more powerful, here are the figures, thus I win", but no one bothers to learn the basics. It's like they actually want to argue and not have a decisive out come.

But that being said, if the nextbox is media focused, we might see a big shift in people quoting terraflops and using that as the crowning factor.

Around the Network

OMG people baiting and trolling sony,microsoft and nintendo,how did it ever start

it's a shame people have to take things to the limit because no sense of humour is a horrible thing,but I guess one rule for all should apply,everybody please take your compliance pill

Above & Beyond

walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
Mnementh said:
VGKing said:
All I got from that thread is that advertising is allowed. Message received.

Sure, the first time someone posted a good deal here on VGC. What do you people have against JayWood?

Other deals have been posted before. I have no problem with JayWood but his thread "warning" was kinda flamebait. Whether it was intentional or not we'll never know.

So why did you participate?

Like I said it was flamebait. I didn't realize it at first but I can admit that I fell for it. I was bored. Sue me.

Cthulhu said:

ANYBODY WHO COMES IN FLAMING OR TROLLING I WILL REPORT YOU. IF YOU DON'T "like my topic/idea/game/console" THEN DONT COMMENT.

And another one who doesn't get the difference about an opinion-thread and a thread that has some service for fans of the subject of the thread. So you would like people to come into threads about which games are offered for free next on PSN+ who say that XBL is better than PSN. And others may enter a thread organizing Multiplayer-sessions in Uncharted that say Uncharted lacks the depth Tomb Raider has. As you see no difference between these trheads and threads where the OP states he likes Uncharted more than Tomb Raider.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Cthulhu said:

And another one who doesn't get the difference about an opinion-thread and a thread that has some service for fans of the subject of the thread. So you would like people to come into threads about which games are offered for free next on PSN+ who say that XBL is better than PSN. And others may enter a thread organizing Multiplayer-sessions in Uncharted that say Uncharted lacks the depth Tomb Raider has. As you see no difference between these trheads and threads where the OP states he likes Uncharted more than Tomb Raider.

And what about a person who goes into one of those threads for matchmaking and is like, 'thanks for the offer, but I just started playing tomb raider which is really fun. I'd say if you like uncharted, get tomb raider, I think you'll like it better tbh'.

That would qualify as trolling, according to the context of the thread that shall not be named.

Mr Khan said:
XBL should be free (it really should be).

Reported for trying to stir up fanboys.