By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The bans in Jaywood's thread are laudable

VGKing said:
All I got from that thread is that advertising is allowed. Message received.

Sure, the first time someone posted a good deal here on VGC. What do you people have against JayWood?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
I still don't understand how people manage to get banned. Or even reported.

Dunno. Maybe I was reported sometime. I don't know, I don't get a notice if I get reported, or do I? But as I get no ban I must do something wrong. As I see it, all who got banned there harmlessy sharing their opinions and were victim of JayWood.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:
Mummelmann said:

Dunno. Maybe I was reported sometime. I don't know, I don't get a notice if I get reported, or do I? But as I get no ban I must do something wrong. As I see it, all who got banned there harmlessy sharing their opinions and were victim of JayWood.

It's quite easy to get reported, you just won't be aware of it, unless it warrants a moderation. Apparently people sometimes report for the silliest reasons and sometimes the mods can't help but tell me what I got reported for. Two recent examples are telling superchunk to hug his Wii U and saying that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a better game than PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Reported.

That's just messed up!

jk

RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:
Mummelmann said:

It's quite easy to get reported, you just won't be aware of it, unless it warrants a moderation. Apparently people sometimes report for the silliest reasons and sometimes the mods can't help but tell me what I got reported for. Two recent examples are telling superchunk to hug his Wii U and saying that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a better game than PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Yeah, I was wondering how Mummelmann can be so sure he never got reported.

Mnementh said:
VGKing said:

Sure, the first time someone posted a good deal here on VGC. What do you people have against JayWood?

Other deals have been posted before. I have no problem with JayWood but his thread "warning" was kinda flamebait. Whether it was intentional or not we'll never know.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:
Mummelmann said:

Yeah, I was wondering how Mummelmann can be so sure he never got reported.

Mostly referring to bans. I'm sure I've been reported many times. I've only recieved two warnings in my time on vgchartz and never been banned though. And I intend to keep that statistic.

People do report the silliest things sometimes though, often a lot more personal than an actual infringement.

theprof00 said:

No, I completely agree. Trolling should not be allowed. I'm glad that this event seems to be an official signal of cracking down.
There's a lot of trolling that goes down here, and if I can take

"Still too pricey for what's offered. Zero dollars and zero cents would be nice, or dedicated servers for all popular games."

as an example of trolling, then I'm actually pretty excited about the near future.

Sorry what? Is this supposed to be trolling? Are you kidding me?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

If the post Icy-Zone got banned for is considered trolling, then VGC is about to truly enter darker times.

VGKing said:
Mnementh said:
VGKing said:

Other deals have been posted before. I have no problem with JayWood but his thread "warning" was kinda flamebait. Whether it was intentional or not we'll never know.

So why did you participate?

TheJimbo1234 said:
The guy was offering a deal.....what was with the zealots coming out in force? Strange how everyone jumps at the first opportunity nowadays to justify why they are better than someone else for what they bought.

That is what it's all about. "I am better than you because I chose the more successful product" seems to dominate many ppls thoughts. The social dysfunctions are quite obvious here. But keep in mind that we have "war"-times: PS4 is to launch this year, nextbox also. The arguments have to be repositioned and weapons have to be loaded so that the beloved company can finally rule the world! :)