By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's compare EGM's God of War and Gears of War reviews!

Tagged games:

NightDragon83 said:
Just give Kratos a gun next time around... instant 100/100 score. Maybe even 200/100... double perfect score!

This.

To hell with this shooter bullshit. Easily the worst generation of gaming, I hope it changes over the next (unlikely, unfortunately).

Around the Network
Sensei said:
NightDragon83 said:
Just give Kratos a gun next time around... instant 100/100 score. Maybe even 200/100... double perfect score!

This.

To hell with this shooter bullshit. Easily the worst generation of gaming, I hope it changes over the next (unlikely, unfortunately).

I think this generation has been the best and the worst, everything within the same package.

VGKing said:
riderz13371 said:
"A clear example of a studio going to the well with a franchise one too many times."

Really? Because I think there are even clearer examples and yet you idiots continue to give those franchises great scores. These idiots gave Black Ops II an 83 but then they complain that God of War has been milked...Just fuck off.

Actually they gave Bo2 a 90. 
83 is the overall Metacritic score.

I looked at the wrong score lol...But yeah it's just really sad.

To be fair they've given a lot of non shooting games high scores

Halo 4 70 <--Hyped Shooting Game with Generally Great Reviews

Rayman Origins 100
Sleeping Dogs 95
Persona 4 100
Gravity Rush 95
Xcom 95
DmC 95 <--- same type of game as GoW
Ni No Kuni 90

you're cherry picking too much I think they give way too many games too high scores.

I don't agree with their scores at all, though. It just seems generally bad.

This is the same guy that gave Halo 4 a 70/10 and Aliens: Colonial Marines 90/10?

Around the Network

The reviewer and site in general is stupid. Doing it just for hits. A majority of the time, his scores are way off the metacritic average, primary examples are Halo 4 and Aliens CM.

A joke reviewer, keep him on your shit list.

Crazy idea here but is it possible that the new god of war just isn't a good game? I mean, weren't its other games pretty overrated. Pure eye candy with no substance? Why should a spin off be any different? If I were sony, I wouldn't publish another one for another 4 years and come back with a bang and new ideas.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
Crazy idea here but is it possible that the new god of war just isn't a good game? I mean, weren't its other games pretty overrated. Pure eye candy with no substance? Why should a spin off be any different? If I were sony, I wouldn't publish another one for another 4 years and come back with a bang and new ideas.

Uh no.  Just no.  This was expected.  It's the fourth one made for home consoles and obviously 3 wasn't going to be the drop off considering it was the first PS3 game and absolutely destroyed everything in scale and capped off the story well.  This was the reviewers chance and they took it.  A prequel on the same gen even MP couldn't save it from the "stale" monicer.  I have no doubts I'll enjoy it but I expected less stellar scores this round (mid 80s so I was still a bit off).  They're cinematic moments built around deep combat and unique boss battles.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

homer said:

Thanks for the good laugh.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
god of war series which i like alot, will have had 2 ps3 releases and 2 hd remasters since 2009. that is alot and i dont mind that they have come out, since i have bought them all. you though cant blame him for feeling that since its true. i hope a gow4 is at least 2 years at least maybe 3 before its released to give us players a wow excitement again.

No offense, but the HD releases or Collections don't count. If you missed out on the original releases of these games, that is your problem. You should have paced yourself while playing them. If you're tired of GOW right now, wait a few months or a year if you have to and buy it once its cheap. This shouldn't be taken into account with reviews though. As a reviewer, its your job to convince people if the game is worth buying as a long time fan of the series or as a newcomer.

Ascension is a prequel so it should please both new potential fans and long time fans who started playing on the PS2.