By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's compare EGM's God of War and Gears of War reviews!

Tagged games:

homer said:
Crazy idea here but is it possible that the new god of war just isn't a good game? I mean, weren't its other games pretty overrated. Pure eye candy with no substance? Why should a spin off be any different? If I were sony, I wouldn't publish another one for another 4 years and come back with a bang and new ideas.

1. No, it is a good game.
2. Overrated? Depends on who you ask.
3. Not at all. The previous God of War games were good. I've only played 3 so I can only personally speak for that one.
4. It's not a spin off, its a prequel. There is a difference. If you want spin offs, look at the PSP games.
5. Ascension does have new ideas. Have you not seen multiplayer? Even if you don't count that, the game revolves around a story with solid gameplay that works. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Around the Network
ishiki said:

To be fair they've given a lot of non shooting games high scores

Halo 4 70 <--Hyped Shooting Game with Generally Great Reviews

Rayman Origins 100
Sleeping Dogs 95
Persona 4 100
Gravity Rush 95
Xcom 95
DmC 95 <--- same type of game as GoW
Ni No Kuni 90

you're cherry picking too much I think they give way too many games too high scores.

I don't agree with their scores at all, though. It just seems generally bad.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Their reviews are all over the place and very inconsistent. It's pure personal prefence and has nothing to do with game quality.

what the hell is egm

Ascension is like the 6th or 7th God of War game that SMS has had a hand in. Not really comparable to the 3 Gears games that Epic has made.

Not sure why the OP is irate that personal opinions and preference are in a review. That's how it's always been and EGM has always been wildly feast or famine in their scores, going all the way back to PSone games.

be sure to link me when you update.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Aliens: CM - 9/10
'nough said

Now let's see how they rate the new Gears

Isn't that enough proof that we should not take its reviews by truth? xD