By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Sony IP would you like to see be revived

MediEvil. I really enjoyed that game when I was younger. I think it could be great with the right studio handling it.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Hopefully Wipeout will continue.  they are great games and have been around for a while.  They could possibly give it to the studio who is making driveclub or Sony Bend and make it a PSV title.  

WipEout has been around as long as the PlayStation brand has been around, which is why I hope it gets saved!

Evolution Studios (Driveclub) would be the best candidates as you say, since they seemed to have absorbed some of the staff from Studio Liverpool.

Kresnik said:
JayWood2010 said:

Hopefully Wipeout will continue.  they are great games and have been around for a while.  They could possibly give it to the studio who is making driveclub or Sony Bend and make it a PSV title.  

WipEout has been around as long as the PlayStation brand has been around, which is why I hope it gets saved!

Evolution Studios (Driveclub) would be the best candidates as you say, since they seemed to have absorbed some of the staff from Studio Liverpool.

Yeah I think they could do it though.  How big is there studio?  If it is pretty big they could work on multiple projects at once. Didnt they also hire some of the old burnout team (cant think of there name either)

JayWood2010 said:

Yeah I think they could do it though.  How big is there studio?  If it is pretty big they could work on multiple projects at once. Didnt they also hire some of the old burnout team (cant think of there name either)

I'm not sure they're quite big enough to have two concurrent teams, but there's no reason why the next WipEout can't be a downloadable title like HD Fury was.

I don't know if they have been hiring Criterion staff, but it wouldn't surprise me.  There's a lot of British developers who have worked on a lot of racing titles moving around studios.  I do know they hired the lead designer from Blur & the Project Gotham games after Bizzare Creations went under, so yeah.  Maybe they are expanding, who knows.

None honestly. Doesn't bring any hype.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
JayWood2010 said:

I'm not sure they're quite big enough to have two concurrent teams, but there's no reason why the next WipEout can't be a downloadable title like HD Fury was.

I don't know if they have been hiring Criterion staff, but it wouldn't surprise me.  There's a lot of British developers who have worked on a lot of racing titles moving around studios.  I do know they hired the lead designer from Blur & the Project Gotham games after Bizzare Creations went under, so yeah.  Maybe they are expanding, who knows.

lmao Idk why i said burnout, i meant Blur lol

But yeah i wasnt sure on the size of the studio.  I dont know how well Wipeout did on PSN but it was the biggest PSN title for a long time too so i think it would have done very well for its self

crissindahouse said:
not sure if it is a dead ip or not but a siren game for ps4 would be nice.

I think that project siren is working on GR 2 so you might have to wait a little longer for that...

gravity rush released early 2012 if they are working on a sequel they'll probably finish the game this year (that's about 2 years dev time). So the earliest we might get a siren game is probably 2015.

MediEvil and Legend of Dragoon could be great. I haven't played either of them, but they're quite highly rated and seem quite original.

Legend of Dragoon and Syphon Filter.

Wild Arms or Dark Cloud.