By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: The Wii U GamePad Gives Us Advantages over Tablets, Smartphones

'my feeling is that the more you start to see other devices that are integrating connectivity with smartphones or tablets through special applications, the more that that’s simply going to illustrate the benefits of having Wii U because of the advantages it has in terms of its interactive elements and how the system streams graphics to the Wii U GamePad screen.'

While I see his point re: speed of connectivity between TV and gamepad, that would be completely thrumped by the vast number of apps and games (compared to WiiU's paltry selection) should you be able to do that with a iOS or Android device.

Around the Network

Moore's Law says he's an idiot.

sethnintendo said:
Otakumegane said:
Sorry Miyamoto but I'm going to have to disagree with you here.

I can't take the gamepad outside.

I can take mine to my porch.

I really need to get a Wii U...I want to do the same thing.  Be able to take my GamePad outside to my deck...maybe catch a show on Netflix, play a level in Mario...or even video chat with people. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

WiiU cant access the Apple Store.

Ipad 1. WiiU 0

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

N-Magic said:

http://techland.time.com/2013/03/07/miyamoto-the-wii-u-gamepad-gives-us-advantages-over-tablets-smartphones/

Put it in OP.

Around the Network
TheJimbo1234 said:
Moore's Law says he's an idiot.

What does the number of transistors and integrated circuts doubling every two years have to do with Miyamoto's comments?

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Well, in any case let me just say that after actually trying out the GamePad for Mass Effect 3 I'm stunned by how much I like it. It completely blew away all my expectations and removed all my previous desire to buy a PS Vita. Never thought I would see myself look forward to buy third party games for a Nintendo home console, but the GamePad changed everything.

And yes, as Miyamoto states, it has a clear advantage over tablets. Touchscreen + traditional buttons and analogue sticks = Win

I keep trying to tell that to people but a lot of them do not understand it. >.>

*For COD its also awesome.

sales2099 said:

Ipad 1. WiiU 0

I'd say that's an advantage, not a disadvantage.  Myself and many others have no use for Apple Store. 

Nintendo's next handheld is gonna be a tablet, I've said for multiple years... all new handhelds will be tablets, by the end of 3D life cycle, Nintendo tablet will be strongly rumored. All I need is an official confirmation before making my "I was right all along" thread.

Screamapillar said:
sales2099 said:

Ipad 1. WiiU 0

I'd say that's an advantage, not a disadvantage.  Myself and many others have no use for Apple Store. 

Plenty of apps to choose from. Dont see why "core" gamers have to avoid tablet games like the plague.

Oh and itunes.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.