By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderator announcements

ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
Gnizmo said:
RolStoppable said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Rol, you're one of best members on the site; you're trolling isn't that bad(Let's be honest, everyone trolls). You're going to be a mod, and you know it. The requirements to be a mod on this site are simple: Be a Nintendo fan, have a high post count and be anti-PS3.

I will never become a mod, that's a sure thing.

What you say about the requirements to be a mod on this site could get you in big trouble. Don't mess with Bodhesatva, because if you do, he will send you PMs containing an army of kittens and you will be drowning in cuteness. Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

I doubt the existence of said army of kittens. He has one, maybe two battalions at best, but their cuteness is nothing compared to the fanboy hatred that exists on this sight. His kittens are weak!

Don't make me bring on my army of spam cat pictures again...

ohmya. i forgot, you both command the same army dont you? lol

I guarantee you my army is better.  We need a mod only forum where we can throw down...

Around the Network
twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
Gnizmo said:
RolStoppable said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Rol, you're one of best members on the site; you're trolling isn't that bad(Let's be honest, everyone trolls). You're going to be a mod, and you know it. The requirements to be a mod on this site are simple: Be a Nintendo fan, have a high post count and be anti-PS3.

What you say about the requirements to be a mod on this site could get you in big trouble. Don't mess with Bodhesatva, because if you do, he will send you PMs containing an army of kittens and you will be drowning in cuteness. Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

I doubt the existence of said army of kittens. He has one, maybe two battalions at best, but their cuteness is nothing compared to the fanboy hatred that exists on this sight. His kittens are weak!

I guarantee you my army is better.  We need a mod only forum where we can throw down...

i requested this.. ioi should be trying to figure out how to implement one for mod eyes only. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Excellent choices,ioi. Both twesterm and bod will be great mods.

Btw, typing on an iPhone kicks ass.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

naznatips said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Actually, judging by the current mod population, being a PC fanboys is by far the quickest path to mod-dom. Ben, ssj, myself, and now Bod are all PC gamers above console gamers. There are more PC gaming mods than any other console on the site. Twesterm owns all 3 consoles though, and Bodhesatva owns a PS3 and Wii.

Of course everyone has their preferences... there is no such thing as an unbiased person. We all prefer something over another thing. That's our biases, but it's also our opinions, and it doesn't really have any effect on our ability to moderate the site.

Well that works well for me

On a serious note to the folks questioning the new mods.  You folks can't feign respect for ioi and in the same post question his decisions...it just doesn't work.  Either you respect him and his decisions and trust that he knows what he is doing or you don't.   Its that simple.

A great example is that back when Montanna and SSJ12 were made mods I personally had a lot of reservations about the choices, but I said the same thing then as I do now and I can honestly say I think they turned out perfectly fine.  The lesson is that you don't have to like or agree with the mods, but you do have to respect the decision.  Mods aren't chosen just to make YOU happy, they are chosen for the good of the site and if you think you know better than ioi on that subject then feel free to say as much out in the open..after all its exactly what you're saying when you question his judgment on the mods he chooses.

To Each Man, Responsibility

The army of mods grows stronger still...

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
naznatips said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Actually, judging by the current mod population, being a PC fanboys is by far the quickest path to mod-dom. Ben, ssj, myself, and now Bod are all PC gamers above console gamers. There are more PC gaming mods than any other console on the site. Twesterm owns all 3 consoles though, and Bodhesatva owns a PS3 and Wii.

Of course everyone has their preferences... there is no such thing as an unbiased person. We all prefer something over another thing. That's our biases, but it's also our opinions, and it doesn't really have any effect on our ability to moderate the site.

On a serious note to the folks questioning the new mods. You folks can't feign respect for ioi and in the same post question his decisions...it just doesn't work. Either you respect him and his decisions and trust that he knows what he is doing or you don't. Its that simple.

A great example is that back when Montanna and SSJ12 were made mods I personally had a lot of reservations about the choices, but I said the same thing then as I do now and I can honestly say I think they turned out perfectly fine. The lesson is that you don't have to like or agree with the mods, but you do have to respect the decision. Mods aren't chosen just to make YOU happy, they are chosen for the good of the site and if you think you know better than ioi on that subject then feel free to say as much out in the open..after all its exactly what you're saying when you question his judgment on the mods he chooses.

Just because you don't agree with with all of ioi's desisions does not mean you can't have respect for him. This site is in no way perfect, and there is still room for improvement. Thus, this forum is open to criticism. If ioi makes a desision that I don't agree with, I have every right to voice to my opinion. I don't think ioi would want it any other way. In fact, he encourages it. In one of ioi's most recent posts, he states that he wishes for his memebers to the sites harshes critics. That means that, when ioi does make a desision as big as this one, he wants to hear his members opinions even if they're negative. I have expressed feelings against ckmlb getting demoted in favor of Twesterm; however, that does not mean I have no respect for ioi. What it does mean, however, is that is I have a mind of my own. If I don't like a desision made on this site, I will be saying so. There are no if, and, or buts about that.

If ioi were to make me a mod, would you not something to say about it? A user that claims to be new, who has a lot similaries to grandmaster192? Obviously, you would have something negative to say about it, right?

Just look at some of his posts: 

"God I can't wait until you're banned again."

"Legend11 said:

I just chose the comments that I felt were most interesting. I have nothing against Super Mario Galaxy.

As long as it isn't being compared to anything 360.

As for Jaffe, he's entitled to his opinion and just because he's Jaffe doesn't make him more right as the next person.

-edit-

And I saw him last GDC on the streets though I couldn't get out much more than a hey to him while walking by. >_> "

"Why do you care about BC? Nobody plays games on their PS3, they watch BluRay! :P"

Why would I want a known troll to be a mod over an already established mod like Ckmlb? Just look at Twesterm's posting history... Of course there is going to be criticism.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Sqrl said:
naznatips said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

On a serious note to the folks questioning the new mods. You folks can't feign respect for ioi and in the same post question his decisions...it just doesn't work. Either you respect him and his decisions and trust that he knows what he is doing or you don't. Its that simple.

A great example is that back when Montanna and SSJ12 were made mods I personally had a lot of reservations about the choices, but I said the same thing then as I do now and I can honestly say I think they turned out perfectly fine. The lesson is that you don't have to like or agree with the mods, but you do have to respect the decision. Mods aren't chosen just to make YOU happy, they are chosen for the good of the site and if you think you know better than ioi on that subject then feel free to say as much out in the open..after all its exactly what you're saying when you question his judgment on the mods he chooses.

I totally agree. Apart from when he promoted that Stof fella, what was he smoking?

"Why would I want a known troll to be a mod over an already established mod like Ckmlb?"

Whats ironic about this post is that Ck was thought by a fairly decent chunk of members to be a troll even as a mod. XD

Not that I particularly agree with that sentiment, he had a PS3 bias but hey - we are all biased.  

twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
Gnizmo said:
RolStoppable said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

I guarantee you my army is better. We need a mod only forum where we can throw down...

twesterm CO power : Transform into twestern

bodhesatva CO power : spam kittens to the rescue! 

bout time bod was made a mod. Now let's initiate a "mandatory hugs day" =)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

MontanaHatchet said:

See, but Twesterm, I was not expecting that one!

Boysee woysee!

_

Same :P, not to put a damper on things, I wonder if he is fair?  Because I believe a Mod should be fair, not troll or counter-attack every comment.  Other than that I'm sure he will do well... No Offence Twest!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil