By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Royal PC Gaming Master Race meeting hall

How do I become an active member?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
pezus said:
zarx said:
pezus said:
I don't know if it would be awkward to add me to that list?

Anyway, I just bought Sonic All Stars Racing: Transformed. Pleasantly surprised. It looks great, runs great, plays great and can be just hard enough at times.

Why would it be awkward? All PC gamers are welcome here

Then you will be the king of kings. Btw, didn't I see zero as king in the other thread? What changed? (didn't read it in a while)

He abdicated 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

KungKras said:
How do I become an active member?

Post in this thread and for me to remember to add your name to the active member list lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Sorry for posting too late on this thread....been busy playing Darksiders II and Deus EX on my laptop! .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Sorry for posting too late on this thread....been busy playing Darksiders II and Deus EX on my laptop! .

No problem lol 

So which Deus EX are you playing the original? 

I quite liked the two Darksiders games despite their flaws, it's really a pitty we will likely never see a sequel. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
zarx said:
lestatdark said:

No problem lol 

I quite liked the two Darksiders games despite their flaws, it's really a pitty we will likely never see a sequel. 

Playing both the original and HR at the same time. Doing full Stealth/hacking playthroughs on both, (Realistic difficuly on Deus Ex, Give me Deus Ex on HR), and they're both damn fun to do. 

I enjoy the Darksiders games mostly for their story actually (it's a pretty interesting BD-like story), but they're pretty simple when it comes to the gameplay. Darksiders II even more so, with it's RPG approach. Just get some Health Regen weapons, max Crit % and Crit damage % and you're pratically invulnerable. Pretty game breaking.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
zarx said:
lestatdark said:

No problem lol 

Playing both the original and HR at the same time. Doing full Stealth/hacking playthroughs on both, (Realistic difficuly on Deus Ex, Give me Deus Ex on HR), and they're both damn fun to do. 

I enjoy the Darksiders games mostly for their story actually (it's a pretty interesting BD-like story), but they're pretty simple when it comes to the gameplay. Darksiders II even more so, with it's RPG approach. Just get some Health Regen weapons, max Crit % and Crit damage % and you're pratically invulnerable. Pretty game breaking.

I never really had the patiance for pure stealth games myself, I think that is why I gave up on Dishonoured.

I like the comic book stories of the Darksiders games as well, full of pulpy goodness. The gameplay was chalanging if enough for my meger skills (on hard) lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
lestatdark said:
zarx said:
lestatdark said:

No problem lol 

I never really had the patiance for pure stealth games myself, I think that is why I gave up on Dishonoured.

I like the comic book stories of the Darksiders games as well, full of pulpy goodness. The gameplay was chalanging if enough for my meger skills (on hard) lol.

The first Darksiders game was actually challenging on the highest difficulties (especially on Apocalyptic), but you can't really have difficulty levels with stats that recover your health on every single hit that you do on Darksiders II.

At level 22, I have 85 % crit on my Scythes and 300% crit damage. I usually hit for 2.5 to 3K, even on Stage III Crucible, and with 20% HP regen, I recover between 500 to 600 HP per hit. Doing the Flipsaw technique, that's about 3K HP recovered, almost a full bar. It's basically a full on invulnerability.

I get what the developers were trying to do, since they wanted to convey the feeling of Death being much more powerful than War, but that always has it's own risks.

Current PC Build

Looks like Richard Garriott's new Kickstarter game is doing well. I don't think I will be backing it tho, I don't really have the cash and I never really played any Ultima games (I know, I know, it's on my list of great gaming shames) plus I have backed more than enough cRPGs on Kickstarter already. Concept does sound like it could be interesting tho.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0

They are already almost at $500k funded 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

lestatdark said:

The first Darksiders game was actually challenging on the highest difficulties (especially on Apocalyptic), but you can't really have difficulty levels with stats that recover your health on every single hit that you do on Darksiders II.

At level 22, I have 85 % crit on my Scythes and 300% crit damage. I usually hit for 2.5 to 3K, even on Stage III Crucible, and with 20% HP regen, I recover between 500 to 600 HP per hit. Doing the Flipsaw technique, that's about 3K HP recovered, almost a full bar. It's basically a full on invulnerability.

I get what the developers were trying to do, since they wanted to convey the feeling of Death being much more powerful than War, but that always has it's own risks.

I may have played the first game on normal lol it was a long time ago, I remeber having some real trouble at a couple points in the first game. Tho I think that had a lot to do with me getting distracted half way through so there was a few month gap where I forgot some of the triks to the combat.

Sadly DSII felt a little half baked in a lot of ways TBH, I think that they tried to up the scope too much and they really didn't have the resources or time to polish a game of that size. They added a bunch of new systems and pushed the world size up from the first game but it left the game feeling very jack of all trades master of none with a lot of empty spaces, pacing that drags, rubbish side quests and kinda half baked systems like the platforming, loot and "crafting". Still I enjoyed the combat for what it was and I did have a lot of fun going through the game. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter