By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The moderator team here is not doing their job

Do we even have a lot of deleted posts? If so I didn't notice them that much. I think those could go a long way to stop some decent people from freeweeling. They have to be visible though, not just empty boxes.

Post deleted
Reason: xyz

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network

Being a mod, I primarily do the prediction league stuff. I probably see more of the flambaiting than anyone else, despite the fact I don't get a ton of time to do stuff.

However, most posts are enjoyable, even the "PS3's future" threads.

The issue aren't the threads, but the people discussing in the threads.

I'll try to start locking more threads and banning more people that are unsavory. I just took care of Wiisucks for a few days. I always let the other mods take care of stuff, but I'll try to get a few more taken care of.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

here's an idea to improve things:

don't lock threads that we are in the middle of a discussion on!! *glares at mrstickball*

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I personally would like to respond by saying I saw this coming.  I banned Kwaad weeks(or has it been months?) ago and there was a huge outcry by the users that it was unfair and that he should be unbanned, which he was.

It was at that point that I realized I didn't have any power over users because you didn't want me to.

If you guys want us to moderate, there is a sort of unspoken agreement that you will accept our decisions.  You can't pick and choose which ones you like and which ones you don't.

That's pretty much why I haven't been moderating much recently.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Sintinel said:

I personally would like to respond by saying I saw this coming. I banned Kwaad weeks(or has it been months?) ago and there was a huge outcry by the users that it was unfair and that he should be unbanned, which he was.

It was at that point that I realized I didn't have any power over users because you didn't want me to.

If you guys want us to moderate, there is a sort of unspoken agreement that you will accept our decisions. You can't pick and choose which ones you like and which ones you don't.

I completely understand this, but don't deny us the right to bitch ;)

To be hoenst though, we were in the middle of a conversation and the thread just got locked, I could understand if it became a full-on flamefest but it was civil and (I thought) quite interesting.

There are plenty of threads which I would have expected to get locked long ago that didn't, and I was quite surprsed that it was the "Future of PS3" thread that got locked. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
Quantum-Tarantino said:

The forums here are getting ridiculous, and need to be cleaned up.

The moderators here have shown time and time again, that they are not willing, or not able to handle the negativity here, allowing a team of 2 to 4 trolls to dominate the forum, and drive away any legitimacy that this site MIGHT ever gain.

If you want this site to work, grow a set, and start rolling the BanWagon.

Case in point, as of right now, as documented in View All Users, no moderators are logged in.

Youre crazy?

Thers no more negativize that spell troll the people, go to germany in 30' and say 'Jew'....

mamec said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:

The moderators here have shown time and time again, that they are not willing, or not able to handle the negativity here, allowing a team of 2 to 4 trolls to dominate the forum, and drive away any legitimacy that this site MIGHT ever gain.

Case in point, as of right now, as documented in View All Users, no moderators are logged in.

Youre crazy?

Thers no more negativize that spell troll the people, go to germany in 30' and say 'Jew'....

You rang?

(To tune of "Spiderman")

Super Jew, Super Jew
Does the things a Jew can do
Files your taxes fairly quick,
He can even cure the sick!
Mazel Tov! He's Super Jew

He's not old, but he is wise
Yes, he has been circumcized
His rabbi taught him every lesson
His parents run a delicatessen
Oy! He's Super Jew

Need an answer? He's got two
He's the amazing Super Jew
He can solve your every plight
Unless it's a Friday night
L'Chaim! He's Super Jew

BRIDGE!
He'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain--- wait, that's not Super Jew

What's his weapon? He's got none
He uses wit instead of a gun
So heed this warning anti-semites
Engage with him and see the light
Oh yeah, he's Super Jew

Oy vey! I'm Super Jew!

Sintinel said:

I personally would like to respond by saying I saw this coming. I banned Kwaad weeks(or has it been months?) ago and there was a huge outcry by the users that it was unfair and that he should be unbanned, which he was.

If you guys want us to moderate, there is a sort of unspoken agreement that you will accept our decisions. You can't pick and choose which ones you like and which ones you don't.

Whoops. Didn't know he was banned before. I'm still sort of new here myself. I just opened up a thread lamenting the banning of Kwaad. Irony, thy name is John Lucas.

I mean in honesty those who come here to stir up mess shouldn't be around & posters should contact moderators for permission to contribute if banned. I just don't want the place to turn into a forum nazi regime where every slightly unreasonable gaffe becomes a bannable offense. I've been in boards like that and it kills the thirst for participation.

Well all I can tell you is that you won't have to worry about any of that out of me. So carry on.

(one more last chance for Kwaad and if he blows it, he blows it. just a request. he was fun to have around despite his need to make trouble on the boards. maybe it's just that elf avatar) 

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

fishamaphone said:
mamec said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:

Youre crazy?

You rang?

(To tune of "Spiderman")

Super Jew, Super Jew
Does the things a Jew can do
Files your taxes fairly quick,
He can even cure the sick!
Mazel Tov! He's Super Jew

He's not old, but he is wise
Yes, he has been circumcized
His rabbi taught him every lesson
His parents run a delicatessen
Oy! He's Super Jew

Need an answer? He's got two
He's the amazing Super Jew
He can solve your every plight
Unless it's a Friday night
L'Chaim! He's Super Jew

BRIDGE!
He'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain--- wait, that's not Super Jew

What's his weapon? He's got none
He uses wit instead of a gun
So heed this warning anti-semites
Engage with him and see the light
Oh yeah, he's Super Jew

Oy vey! I'm Super Jew!

Right! I must assume whit this that the people who tell 'Troll' to others is itself a 'Supertrollman'?.

Sintinel said:

I personally would like to respond by saying I saw this coming.  I banned Kwaad weeks(or has it been months?) ago and there was a huge outcry by the users that it was unfair and that he should be unbanned, which he was.

If you guys want us to moderate, there is a sort of unspoken agreement that you will accept our decisions.  You can't pick and choose which ones you like and which ones you don't.

Well, it is hard for the website or any organization for that matter, to ask for feedback about some things and at the same time attempt to limit discussion about other aspects. 

Also, you mods have been doing a great job with this website, and I fully support the feeling that y'all want to step it up.  Keep up the good work sintinel.