By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The moderator team here is not doing their job

Or maybe we should create a System wars style forum where all the fanboyish threads can go, that way the other forums can be kept clear

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

See what that means is, now that I have posted this thread cant be locked. Becuase I rule this forum.

/scarcasm.

Seriously tho, I start a thread inkinda biased, pointless or sensless. Usually it is in off topic, meaning you shouldnt care, as it is in off topic, and in my opinion can be flamebait, as off topic is exactly that, cant you say your opinion on off topic? Cant you ask other people's opinions? Is that wrong? If it is, freedom of speech is wrong, and all of you want a system where you cant talk about anyone or anything unless it is positive. I cant think of any countires with a system like that off the top of my head, becuase that would be one of the most extreme speech regulatiory countires in the world... if not the most.

I tend to be a little off topic sometimes, however it is usually in refrence to someone else, or explaining on-topic refrences.

Example.
TOPIC: Do you like the Wii?
REPLY: No, not really I am rather dissapointed, the PS3 impressed me much more. (blah blah blah)

Is that me taking the topic off topic, by talking about the PS3, or is it me expling my standing on the Wii. Then when someone says I am lying, full of crap, throwing stones at me. I'm more than happy to explain whatever. That is almost always off topic. However the person lobbing the stones at me threw the first stone as well as was the first to actually post off topic. I reply in responce... at least I do sometimes. I'm to the point where I let my PS3 buddies and 360 boys just bash the Wii guys who respond to me, and laugh, and every now and then put a reply in that contains just enough to keep the debate going.

EDIT: omg haha, I turned this into an Anti-Wii thread agian! TROLL!!! BAN ME!!! (no dont ban me, but that's what would normally be said about a responce like that)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Or maybe we should create a System wars style forum where all the fanboyish threads can go, that way the other forums can be kept clear

That would be nice. Rename 'off topic' to 'fanboy hell' :D

RolStoppable said:

Quantum-Tarantino, you are right (along others like Origin who also made a thread). This forum is getting ridiculous.

The whole reason why I joined this forum is that it allowed for mature discussions about consoles and their business strategies, as well for discussions of single games/franchises.

Lately the forum is flooded with troll posts and entire threads to start flame wars (Fanboy party, How Nintendo for example). Some people are really begging to get banned. But nothing happened so far. I know that the mods can't be around every single hour to control the forum, but this forum is really getting out of control. Some temporary bans seem to be necessary to make the boards more friendly again.

How nintendo is off topic, and because of that it was more of a personal rant, I have given up on that thread becuase of the extreme fanboyism from the nintendo camp.

stof said:

*walks in to thread, notices many scowels in my direction*

Ok guys. Sometimes things get a little hairy in here. But It's not always as easy to do the mod thing as some people seem to think. A thread that starts out as quite lockable quickly looses lockability the longer it's open, as people start posting in it and turn things into a viable conversation.

As for banning. Yes, there are a few people in here that tend to be at the route of most problems. But their only the route because of how other people choose to respond in an even poorer manner. Kwaad and Hus are by no means a valuable contribution to the board, but you know that old "first sinner cast the first stone thing"? Well a lot of people are too busy hurling stones to realize that well... they shouldn't be hurling stones.

Now I've been away for a few days, but if I see someone crossing the line, I'll take the appropriate actions. Now if you'd like to do yoru part to keep the forums clean(and I mean all of you), it's to not so quickly devolve into that which you despise.

*throws a rock at stof

That's what you get for... uhh... being a bad mod!

/scarcasm

I will put a bone out for you too. However I wont complain. I'll just point out the problem.

I created my thread. Why Nintendo, and the main thing is about the number of games nintendo is working on, it's just too many games for such a small group of people. I get SLAMMED by 20 trolls speaking about how 'nintendo makes the best games in the world'. They call me a troll! Ha. 

Around the Network
Quantum-Tarantino said:

There appear to be 6

Stof (last login 4-26)

ioi (last login 4-28)

Mr Stickball (last login 4-29)

roadkillers (last login 4-26)

Sintinel (last login 4-26)

Ben Kenobi (last login 4-29)

Some are more active than others

That doesnt matter when we log in. I come to this site a couple times a day just looking around the forums and im not signed in because every night I delete the cookies. So I come to this site logged off but if I see some stuff bad then I log in. I have a life beside this so i usally come to this site 3-5 times a day for like 7 min sections.

If you have a problem with someone make a topic or send a message to a couple of mods.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Kwaad said:

*throws a rock at stof

/scarcasm

I will put a bone out for you too. However I wont complain. I'll just point out the problem.

I created my thread. Why Nintendo, and the main thing is about the number of games nintendo is working on, it's just too many games for such a small group of people. I get SLAMMED by 20 trolls speaking about how 'nintendo makes the best games in the world'. They call me a troll! Ha.

No Kwaad. It was a flame bait thread. You took something that people were already talking about, and then made your own thread about it just to antagonize the rest of the board. And off topic is for non videogame related threads, not fanboy threads.  Off topic doesn't give anyone a license to post what they couldn't get away with in the other forums.

Perhaps I have been a little lenient in the past.  I tend to hate stifling a conversation once it's gotten underway, regardless of how the thread started. But I guess in these cases,  those converstations rarely trancsend the original post.

Thanks for the feedback everybody. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

And yes, I've also replied to the Concerns thread, and I'm going to work harder at keeping things on-topic.  Please let me know if you're getting annoyed or harrassed by somebody though.

I could ban everybody for a week at a time, and I will if I have to, but I'm only worried that every single thread will start to get locked because of flame wars.

I spend a fair amount of time watching the forums, but I'll make sure things run a little smoother now...I just got back from vacation, I'm afraid, so I'm sorry I haven't been on for the weekend. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

stof said:
Kwaad said:

*throws a rock at stof

/scarcasm

No Kwaad. It was a flame bait thread. You took something that people were already talking about, and then made your own thread about it just to antagonize the rest of the board. And off topic is for non videogame related threads, not fanboy threads. Off topic doesn't give anyone a license to post what they couldn't get away with in the other forums.

Perhaps I have been a little lenient in the past. I tend to hate stifling a conversation once it's gotten underway, regardless of how the thread started. But I guess in these cases, those converstations rarely trancsend the original post.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

No, that was no flamebait. I did not post it in the original thread, because I wanted it to be an opinionated post, stating my opinion. I dont give a crap if anyone read it or not. I was seeing read when I read that. I did not post that for responces. Now after the 2nd page of posts, I started just feeding the fire because of the pure amusement on how mad the Wii group was starting to get... But the start of that was not meant to get the Wii guys screaming. Also, if you read through the thread, you would see half the people replying hadnt read more than the headline on my original post and thought it was a flamewar, as they were taking what I said out of context. That was when I stopped defending my point. I did not use the main thread because I knew it would be taken as flame material, and I would get trolled by the Wiiatics till the cows came home. I created the new thread more just to say. 'Holy crap wtf nintendo, what respect I had, is now much smaller.' If you cant state opinion on this site, then the forums should be close. I stated my anti-nintendo buisness practices opinion, and it is flame-bait. If that consists of a thread needing to be locked, then any pro nintendo, pro sony, pro microsoft, anti nintendo, anti sony, anti microsoft, any good or bad press notes on any of this, or any comments on anything should be locked, and the poster banned.

Look, if people want to take every anti nintendo thing I say, and turn it into a troll post, And I get blamed... wtf. 

Kwaad said:

No, that was no flamebait. I did not post it in the original thread, because I wanted it to be an opinionated post, stating my opinion. I dont give a crap if anyone read it or not. I was seeing read when I read that. I did not post that for responces. Now after the 2nd page of posts, I started just feeding the fire because of the pure amusement on how mad the Wii group was starting to get... But the start of that was not meant to get the Wii guys screaming. Also, if you read through the thread, you would see half the people replying hadnt read more than the headline on my original post and thought it was a flamewar, as they were taking what I said out of context. That was when I stopped defending my point. I did not use the main thread because I knew it would be taken as flame material, and I would get trolled by the Wiiatics till the cows came home. I created the new thread more just to say. 'Holy crap wtf nintendo, what respect I had, is now much smaller.' If you cant state opinion on this site, then the forums should be close. I stated my anti-nintendo buisness practices opinion, and it is flame-bait. If that consists of a thread needing to be locked, then any pro nintendo, pro sony, pro microsoft, anti nintendo, anti sony, anti microsoft, any good or bad press notes on any of this, or any comments on anything should be locked, and the poster banned.

Look, if people want to take every anti nintendo thing I say, and turn it into a troll post, And I get blamed... wtf.

It was flame bait and you know it.

And if you really can't see that it was flame bait, then alright...but then why keep feeding it? Arguing out of pure amusement because of how "mad the Wii group was getting" is just stupid and unneccessary.

Yeah, there's a lot of Nintendo fans here...but I don't see too many posting to simply piss off PS3 fans...the Wii fans tend to just post good stuff about Nintendo. As a PS3 fan, nobody would have a problem if you just found some pro-Sony info and posted it, like Cell stuff, without the washimul flair to it. But posting anti-anything will of course cause flame wars, and you're doing it on purpose. It's absolutely unneccessary and most of us are finally getting tired of it.

You may have the most posts on these forums, but that means nothing if you keep doing this.  People are calling for a crackdown, and if there's any serious flame baiting from you, you're no more immune than someone with 5 posts. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )