By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The moderator team here is not doing their job

BenKenobi88 said:

It was flame bait and you know it.

And if you really can't see that it was flame bait, then alright...but then why keep feeding it? Arguing out of pure amusement because of how "mad the Wii group was getting" is just stupid and unneccessary.

Yeah, there's a lot of Nintendo fans here...but I don't see too many posting to simply piss off PS3 fans...the Wii fans tend to just post good stuff about Nintendo. As a PS3 fan, nobody would have a problem if you just found some pro-Sony info and posted it, like Cell stuff, without the washimul flair to it. But posting anti-anything will of course cause flame wars, and you're doing it on purpose. It's absolutely unneccessary and most of us are finally getting tired of it.

You may have the most posts on these forums, but that means nothing if you keep doing this. People are calling for a crackdown, and if there's any serious flame baiting from you, you're no more immune than someone with 5 posts.

Cant a guy have a little fun?

But no, seriously I did not post it to be flame-bait. However because all the nintendo guys started trolling that thread and trashed it, I was just poking fun at the ones that basically turned my opinion into a flame-war. In refrence to your "As a PS3 fan, nobody would have a problem if you just found some pro-Sony info and posted it, like Cell stuff, without the washimul flair to it." bit, I'll find some, post it in a very formal news style post, and let the flame-war take off from there. When that happens, you owe me an apology. Also, It was anti-nintendo. DS and Wii. I know of around 5 anti-sony threads going on, and it's all A-OK. Check the Wii side of the fence too. If anti-nintendo is NOT ok, Anti-Sony is NOT ok. Rember. This is supposed to be an un-biased site. And if it's not, or if your not. Put it in your signature. "Sony fanboys are going down. Go get'em Wiiboys!" (I am not saying you are, but it seems that all the anti-sony stuff is ok, and the anti-nintendo stuff is sin in itself)

I will stop posting untill I prove you wrong on that BenKenobi88. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

feel free to ban him, it's a serious headache reading his posts littered all over the forums.  Most of the people on here, even the other PS3 guys at least have readable posts.  I would much rather read posts from Hus, and that's saying something.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Quantum-Tarantino said:

No, Ban people who start unconstructive threads on a daily basis, with no other motivation than to start a flamewar, and ban them when they brag about liking fire.

Ban people who constantly bash people due to what SYSTEM they own, or like.

Noone is an Idiot for liking the PS3

Noone is a kiddy for owning a Wii

First ban = 7 days

Second ban = 1 month

Third ban = 3 months

Fourth ban = Bye Bye

Circumventing Ban with new username = Bye Bye

Whew thax man I was thinking Am I kiddy for owning a Wii but then I was like Damn how will I know because I am an Idiot for liking my PS3. Thank you I was stuck in a conundrum.

I'm glad to know the mods are here and listening.  Just to be clear, I wasn't blaming anyone personally for letting this get out of hand, just trying to show that there is a need for more action.

As much flamebait as Kwaad does post, I don't think "How nintendo" was flamebait.  I disagree with his assessment, but I honestly think he just has a strong opinion of Nintendo's approach to gaming.  See "Fanboy party!" and "Wii a fad?" for better examples of flamebait.  :)

Ya know. I don't see why so many of you are crying all the time about Kwaad and Hus. This whole damn site is just a big fanboy site!!!! Its all about who's winning in a toy sales competition where all of the numbers are basically best guesses based on other people's best guesses.

The mods are doing just fine. ioi is probably the only person on this site making any kind of $$ and the others are doing it voluntarily in their spare time. The same spare time most of you come here to throw rocks at others who disagree with you and call it a 'discussion'. C'mon you can't say that you all come here to have a scholarly discussion about historical sales percentages and future projected profits with pie charts and .... No. Nearly everyone is here to see how their favorite console/game is doing and to get into some little chat/arguements about predictions or who can piss the farthest.

The way I see it, to have a site about console 'wars' you must accept the fact that there will be flames abound and to grow up and either go with the flow in a somewhat intelligent non-kiddie manner or jump to a new thread about percentages and growth patterns.

Granted there are times when people can just get annoying and really in the way of any type of discussion. When that happens, trolling as a definate definition, they should follow some sort of written code of conduct. However, in nearly all that I have seen that happens far and in between here and the people that generally do this should or probably have been warned. However, as a whole I have always felt the Mods to step in a take of stuff when neccesary and think that they are doing fine.

Now, back to my throwing of the rocks. 

Around the Network
Cant a guy have a little fun?

But no, seriously I did not post it to be flame-bait. However because all the nintendo guys started trolling that thread and trashed it, I was just poking fun at the ones that basically turned my opinion into a flame-war. In refrence to your "As a PS3 fan, nobody would have a problem if you just found some pro-Sony info and posted it, like Cell stuff, without the washimul flair to it." bit, I'll find some, post it in a very formal news style post, and let the flame-war take off from there. When that happens, you owe me an apology. Also, It was anti-nintendo. DS and Wii. I know of around 5 anti-sony threads going on, and it's all A-OK. Check the Wii side of the fence too. If anti-nintendo is NOT ok, Anti-Sony is NOT ok. Rember. This is supposed to be an un-biased site. And if it's not, or if your not. Put it in your signature. "Sony fanboys are going down. Go get'em Wiiboys!" (I am not saying you are, but it seems that all the anti-sony stuff is ok, and the anti-nintendo stuff is sin in itself)

I will stop posting untill I prove you wrong on that BenKenobi88.

Hey dude I gotta call you out on a few points you made in this post.  Firstly there is a difference between discussing a media article that is Anti-Sony and making points about it, which some of the 5 anti-sony threads are making up at the moment, however they are based on current fact and you can't deny that Sony's PR department have made a lot of slip ups at the moment, as well as the fact that the PS3 is selling very poorly (no matter how it's spun it is).   Posts about this are going to arise but I don't believe a lot of the Nintendo boys.

I do agree that sometimes the arguments become pretty un fair because Kwaad yourself you take on about 10 people at once sometimes, but then when someone like me posts with a good posts arguing with proper facts you often ignore the good points of my post and it shits me because I for one try and keep things civil and give my true thoughts on a piece.

Simply going into a thread and saying that Nintendo are making crap games because they are making so many I don't think has a lot of base.  I understand where you're coming from because you think that most of them will be WarioWare style games, that are simple easy to pick up and play games (HECK Big Brain Academy I think will sell like hotcakes yet it only uses ONE BUTTON + pointer) and you don't like this direction, but I believe Nintendo's vision is to continue providing something for any and all types of gamers while also trying to rope in new people who don't play games or having before.  These are the type of people like my Mum who has trouble turning on a computer because of all the buttons.  It's why the Wii controller is shaped like a TV Remote control, because most people can use a TV Remote.

Anyway, dude I think you know what you've done to contribute to the downward spiral of things and I think you know what you have to do to be better (you've been pretty good to debate / discuss with today for me).

superchunk,

Are you saying a troll and a fanboi are the same? I don't agree with that. Trolling is about a dishonest and antisocial style of posting here were the aim is solely to grab the attention and upset other people.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

ioi,

Thank you, you've said some things that were necessary. I'm looking forward to seeing the rules posted!

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I think situation on forum is under control. It's far better since Mods arrived. I was skeptical about some of them but I have to admit they are pretty unbiased. No need to criticize. As ioi pointed it's not a full time job so I think everybody should be a bit more charitable. Many guys here expect much but don't give anything.

I think it's good idea to split mods in teams (for example - off-topic section, sales section etc.) it would minimize dissension for sure

stof said:

As for banning. Yes, there are a few people in here that tend to be at the route of most problems. But their only the route because of how other people choose to respond in an even poorer manner. Kwaad and Hus are by no means a valuable contribution to the board, but you know that old "first sinner cast the first stone thing"? Well a lot of people are too busy hurling stones to realize that well... they shouldn't be hurling stones. 

Agree, but mayby it is time to also ban those that respond with idiot lines. Then Hus or Kwaad or whatever have to respond to those that really wants to get the line discussion going.

Other than that I do think you all need more help, it is not your fault a someone calling himself wiisucks registrate and then does 12 post in 12 minuts with the only purpose to start a flame war, when you aren't online.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!