By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Linkzmax said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Ok checking in.

Radish is posting a lot it seems and very serious at that. Interesting.

Elaborate

He is helpful to the town. Didn't we have this mantra that if Rad is helpful to the town he is scum and if he is not he is town?  He is more active right now compared as last time.  Where he was a mason. 

Around the Network

EBWOP

"if he is not he is town?" I meant scum.

Ignore my post above. The lack of sleep is killing me.

Stefl1504 said:
Linkzmax said:

nen's likely scum, breaking up the early town vibes before the suspect pool shrinks too much.

May I ask to detail this claim a bit more? I think what I know what you are getting at, but I want to make sure.

Similar to last round when I called Yoshi town for jumping out of the gate with a hint at who his characater was. Mario was quick to direct suspicion at both of us, though he did it horribly.(and should have been lynched. Damn spurmoza and my overconfidence!) Point is, when vocal townies are doling out a lot of implicit trust, scum worry they're running out of room to hide.

hat made a quick judgement about Bong Lover's post as well as other things, like your miller claim. nen was quick to point out Bong isn't sure town, and then push suspicion on hat. He's further gone on to link the two as scumbuddies, rather than consider hat is buddying up to newb town.

nen-suer said:
Linkzmax said:
hatmoza said:
I have a question for the new players, and only the new players.

How do you feel about mafia games so far? Also are you confused between this thread and the Quick topic thread prof sent you in the PM? Because if you are, I can give you friendly beginner's advice on how they work.

I think they're lots of fun. I am confused now. I didn't get a quick topic thread, but I'll ask prof if I should have one. Finally, I see what you did there!

Checking in. Thoughts so far:
nen's likely scum, breaking up the early town vibes before the suspect pool shrinks too much.
I shall consider Stefl as confirmed town.
quick policy/No lynch is exactly what scum want, thus we will have no such thing.
radish seems too focused on what he did last round and is conveniently leaving out that he thought I was scum and trying to get rid of him.(Pshaw) Hooray points for being active so far though.

Bad jokes, "checking in?" No detailed reason for his "suspicion"

Talked about Radish?! Thats not town Linkz. 

I can't be the only one not seeing this I'm I?...I'm I?

What bad jokes? The only "joke" was that I answered something intended only for new players. Checking in? Prof asked everyone to in the OP. Detailed reason? Actually it is given, but I haven't gone the route of cases that are so long nobody reads them in many, many rounds.

Same for talking about radish, you are now meta'ing something that's never even been the case.

And yes, since you seem to be confused. You are you.

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
nen-suer said:

The lesson being "It's not about you"
Your role is a useless role i know, but its your job to make the best use out of it (like trying to have the mafia target you).
You're too obsessed about surviving and that not the right attitude for a townie to have.
I mean you lose with the town so your priority is making sure the town wins not to surviving!
You're now probably off the scum night actions table and that means chances of major town roles getting killed just gone up a little bit.

No, a miller role is not useless, it is just not a benefactor. I do not care about my own survival, just about preventing the chance of a later mislynch. I did claim in the prospect of either being lynched today. Or being accepted as miller. Town does not profit if for any reason I am investigated at night and get lynched tomorrow. I am also not going to kid myself into thinking that I am (or could be) a high priority target to scum, without going to the extent of lying and then maybe unveiling a town power role in the process.

Miller does not equal Vanilla. Now Stefl you've pretty much implied as such, and that's fine. No need to comment further.

Point is claiming Miller, especially as early as you did in a game of 20 where if you were scum there's a good chance of a counter, removes the possibility of a wasted(though it could be used for sanity-check if that's thought a possibility) scan and mislynch. Town can jump straight to the mislynch if they don't trust the claim, or they become nearly confirmed town if they do. And confirmed townies are just as much trouble to scum as power roles, if not more so.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Linkzmax said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Ok checking in.

Radish is posting a lot it seems and very serious at that. Interesting.

Elaborate

He is helpful to the town. Didn't we have this mantra that if Rad is helpful to the town he is scum and if he is not he is town?  He is more active right now compared as last time.  Where he was a mason. 

Nice, I wanted to get an alignment stance from you.

Yes, that is the general rule, but don't confuse lots of posts with being helpful.

Linkzmax said:
Stefl1504 said:

May I ask to detail this claim a bit more? I think what I know what you are getting at, but I want to make sure.

Similar to last round when I called Yoshi town for jumping out of the gate with a hint at who his characater was. Mario was quick to direct suspicion at both of us, though he did it horribly.(and should have been lynched. Damn spurmoza and my overconfidence!) Point is, when vocal townies are doling out a lot of implicit trust, scum worry they're running out of room to hide.

hat made a quick judgement about Bong Lover's post as well as other things, like your miller claim. nen was quick to point out Bong isn't sure town, and then push suspicion on hat. He's further gone on to link the two as scumbuddies, rather than consider hat is buddying up to newb town.

I posted that recently after you made your observation...... seems to me you didnt really have any valid reason for suspecting me

at all at that time....thats unlike you Linkz.

Also I linked the two After Bong said he suspected me (right after Hat did).

HoS: linkz

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Sorry, I didn't know actions weren't allowed to further reinforce one's thoughts.

Linkzmax said:
Sorry, I didn't know actions weren't allowed to further reinforce one's thoughts.

Dude, you pretty much built upon them........nice try tho :P

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)