By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

I think they'll be able to settle it between each other.

Host Queue
55/56 - ABC/Yoshiya: ?
57 - DT: ?
58 - Stefl: ?

60 - Linkz: Original Work

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
So how did you like it benoa and bong? Crazy enough for you?

Props to noctis! You took a lot of Shit from me for your convictions on me. Nice job!

I learned my lesson with MarcusD last round. I stop focusing on him. I should have questioned him more. 

BTW I don't have any grudge with you. It's just like I said before you didn't gave me any reason to trust you. You always refuse to answer questions and then you lied about blocking Mario and your nonstop talk about the 2nd mafia the 2 kills didn't also helped. 

Anyway, good job at blocking benao! You sealed the win for us.

Oh now I know why Nen was able to know nacho is  scum. Ahaha!

And as for the mafia, you guys should have killed nen the first time, you could have killed astro as well. Lol! 

PS:

That's why I hate playing with newcomers. They are prone to modkills that's why, Future mods don't let Newcomers with 100 less post to join and asked the newcomers if they are serious in playing before you let them join the game.. It hurts the games flow and  it sucks the fun oit of it. 

Is there a sign -up thread already?

Fun fact:(possibily) This game spent more time in Night phases more than in Day.

Give the round to ABC, I'm going on a school trip to Iceland in two weeks time meaning you'd be bereft of mod for 6 days. For the same reason I won't be participating in the next round and I likely won't be around for quite some time I'm afraid, got exams coming up and this next game was going to be the last one I took part before them.

I'll still watch the games as much as I can, wanna see how our newbies develop over the next few games but don't expect to see me for the next 2/3 games.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

You didn't misuse it, because happydolphin's role finder was unlimited.

Don't worry too much about being wrong about people as long as they don't get mislynched or get away as scum. Even the experienced players can be off by a lot, just look at linkzmax's last post on Night 1.

Overall, this was a fairly easy game to win for town, because roles were used effectively (nen/astro caught nacho and yoshi, mario got zero, spurge blocked benao), one mafioso got modkilled and things generally went in favor of town (radish unlynchable, nacho lynched on Day 2, mafia killed the SK, the SK made vigilante kills). The game is usually a lot more competitive due to mislynchs, but in this game there was only one and it was on Day 5. Doesn't hurt that the town won though, because the mafia wins more often.

Yeah, I am not so concerned about some of the bad reads. I mean, I am pretty sure most players will find Spurge's play in the end game pretty erratic for example. I'm thinking more of things like deductions of roles in the game based on claimed roles for example. A few people thought Spurge was mafia based on my roleclaim and thinking it was to balance out his. Of course, I misrepresented my own role so that explains why they were wrong, but that whole level of analysis never entered into my mind. I was too concerned about reading the game on the surface, who makes weird claims, who's story doesn't add up etc. to look at all the other mechanics that go into it.

I understand that a players meta game is important, but it also seems that people who have played together for a long time are mostly guessing in their meta reads anyway. I should have paid more attention to the probable game setup and also the flavor. For example, pretty early I assumed that there were 5 mafia players based on probable game balance, and I also assumed that would mean there was one or two new players as mafia. That turned out to be a good assumption, but I never followed up on that line of reasoning. A big mistake. Not so much for town, since that was pretty much the common read, but I feel I could have been more helpful if I had paid better attention to these things.

Well, who can complain too much, eh? Town wins in convinving fashion, I survive to dance around the dangling corpses and fun was had by all (or most?)

Still no host? Someone at least make a sign up thread. :P

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=157658
Signup thread is up.