By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

happydolphin said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

So you already told us some of your town reads. How about your scum reads?

nen and linkz, but that is just too common for me to think they're scummy so I pretty not dwell too much on it.

Would you like to know why? nen I already explained but Linkz is more tough to put my finger on. It's just a sense.

@bold
Yeah, sure go ahead. 

And what's your take on the 4 new players here?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I found myself on an icy landscape, the night sky illuminating my surroundings. The air breathed crisp and pure and was invigorating to my senses. How long has it been since I last drank in the alien atmosphere...how long since my skin bathed in the wash of an early morning dew? Has it ever been?
In the distance, some shadows flitted between smooth shining obelisks, no doubt inlaid with complex crystalline quartz reflectors. An earthen rock...oxygen...fauna. This place was like many others; so foreign yet so familiar...it is an homage to long since colonized planets, before intelligence slowly carved its trail through the stars. I sighed slowly, knowing that my time here could be as long as I wanted, yet understanding that this moment would soon turn to fleeting memory. No, my place was on that trail of humanity, among the twinkling orbs above. The aurora of the planet showing off a spectacular red glow.

Beeping . . .
An alert?
I pulled my visor down to register the information, but it refused communication. Just an empty screen. I almost, just almost felt relieved at being given another chance to look without seeing the near constant overlay; but I also felt uneasiness at the black. It felt as if a hand pulling me back into the reality of my existence. I wasn't ready, but it was time.
Beeping . . .
Beeping . . .
I don't understand.

Then came a knock.
A sudden jarring rush of warmth flowed over me, sharply contrasting with the cool air as I opened my eyes to see a grinning scientist looking slightly warped through the concavity of my water tank. Reality came back too quickly.
"Well good morning sunshine! Or rather, er, good afternoon"
I looked around the room, still a little puzzled. The ceiling was lined with a thousand bulbs and dials and the room was heavily plated in metallic. Cords and wires ran along every surface and a red glow winked in and out above me. This scientist didn't look very familiar. Was he Federation?
"Here, here, uh, let me get that for you". He switched off the alert light.
I stared at him, thankful for the oxygen mask that did well in hiding most of my face from his. At least it felt like I was in my suit, even though I knew that was not the case. I took a deep breath of oxygen. Just where was I?
He frowned for a second and flustered with a few dials before looking back at me suddenly.
"Oh right! I'm Hank, but everyone here calls me Snow on account of my hair. It's nice to meet you" He gestured his hand up and down as if pretending to shake my hand. "I'm guessing you're wondering where you are".
I suspiciously eyed this grey haired...boy...it seemed. He was so young.
"You, my dear, are a guest aboard Federation Colony Station 12 on planet Vulgin, a beautiful M class, in many respects very similar to our own Earth...so similar it seems that you had decided to go for a walk among the alien atmosphere without your suit to protect you from the environment. Needless to say, heh, well, you ended up here." Why am I here?
"It was a Federation detachment that just arrived 3 days ago that found you out there. Seems they're old friends of yours... Alan, or some such, I forget, but that's not important, you'll see them soon."
I looked down, unsure of the situation.
"Just take a rest and enjoy yourself. I'm injecting some locally found nutrients and particles into the water filtration to help you more quickly adapt to this very similar, yet dangerous different environment. Sleep easy, and we'll see you and all your friends very soon"

Day 1 Flavor and Rules are up

NoCtiS_NoX said:

If that's the case then why haven't you place a vote on nen? All the reasoning you gave is already vote worthy IMO.

Because I am still feeling my way in this game. I am suspicious of this nen character, but I am also very concerned that I am too suspicious of one player and thus will overlook some other signs. I guess I'm nervous to commit to my reads until I understand the game better?

NoCtiS_NoX said:
benao87 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

If you are going to vote right now, who will it be? and why?

As stated in my message I'd go for no-lynch.

I'm realizing that my dissadvantage is not only that I'm new, but also that most people here know the style of posting of others so they can judge by their writing if something is off. I couldn't really claim that someone seems suspicious, as pretty much everybody could be suspicious from my point of view. Then, I'd rather wait a little bit to see how all the things start to elaborate.

Ok, so let me ask you a different one. 

You initially listed Rol, Radish and hatz  as town so they can be suspicious as well correct?

How do you feel about Nen?

How do you feel about stefl's Miller claim. Did you already googled it up? If so, can you  please tell me what  a miller is?

In general how do you feel about the game so far? and how knowledgeable are you about the mafia game right now?

Well, now I'm not as sure as it appeared to me yesterday, still I have no reason to be suspicious about those 3.

About nen, I have no reason to not trust him, even though he jumped at supermario very early (it was a joke, but still). I base all this basically in his responses to stefl's miller claim, I think he legitimately worries about the good of town. Now, regarding the claim, I also think stefl's arguments are sound, I do trust his claim. What I found about miller, is that he is pro-town but appears to be guilty if investigated by the cop.

The game looks really interesting, and I feel I'll sink some good hours in this thread. I've read some wikis and basic guides before signing up, still, one can't be prepared to read people's posts if you haven't played with them before.

Stefl1504 said:

Obviously, I had to assume you are a liar.

Right. Your miller claim is similar to mine a few games back. I took a lot of heat for my early claim, so it is only fair that you get questioned as well. :P

The only way I see scum claiming miller this early is if they have a list of fake claims, but I doubt that. In a game of 20 we are bound to have a miller.

FoS: Spurge
FoS: Noctis

For the way they reacted to my question.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
happydolphin said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

So you already told us some of your town reads. How about your scum reads?

nen and linkz, but that is just too common for me to think they're scummy so I pretty not dwell too much on it.

Would you like to know why? nen I already explained but Linkz is more tough to put my finger on. It's just a sense.

@bold
Yeah, sure go ahead. 

And what's your take on the 4 new players here?

I'm pretty excited about their play to be honest. Bong has already showed a lot of self-skepticism in how he views Nen, which I like. He's also looking more for facts than pegging players one faction or another so soon, I'm a huge fan.

Benao's been reading guides and wikis, that means he's very likely town because otherwise he could just use his scummates. Just a good town read.

As for Linkz, his pro-active participation doesn't remind me of a town Linkz, who is just much more aggressive. My memory of that is in my game with him and Miz, until the end I was sure he was scum. This game he's good, nice and fun, making jokes and trying to be inquisitive. I feel estranged by it. As much as I enjoy it it's a scum tell for me sadly (given his meta-game: the analysis of his playstyle).

supermario128 said:
Stefl1504 said:

Obviously, I had to assume you are a liar.

Right. Your miller claim is similar to mine a few games back. I took a lot of heat for my early claim, so it is only fair that you get questioned as well. :P

The only way I see scum claiming miller this early is if they have a list of fake claims, but I doubt that. In a game of 20 we are bound to have a miller.

FoS: Spurge
FoS: Noctis

For the way they reacted to my question.

You're suspicious of people because they wanted you to elaborate on your soft-claim? Or was it the way they questioned you that you didn't like?

So are we going to lynch FF?

I agree that Benao is probably town.

I never considered that Prof would actually want to give Stef a role like Miller after what happened last round, so that claim is more believable now in my eyes.

FinalFan still hasn't posted- I'm not completely against this "policy lynch" any more.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Yoshiya said:

You're suspicious of people because they wanted you to elaborate on your soft-claim? Or was it the way they questioned you that you didn't like?

No. No.

It was that Spurge jumped to conclusions right away that one of us had to be scum. Then Noctis says Spurge was right about me before. When scum see an opportunity for an easy lynch they usually go after it, in a discrete way.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089