By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

nen-suer said:
Stefl1504 said:

The lesson being? Wait until you get investigated and then claim miller so you die? Holding back on the info until someone gets investigated that is scum and claims miller to counter it?

I can tell you that it doesn't matter to me if I get lynched, as miller, I would act the same again. Better I do the claim early and don't risk a late game mess-up because of something.

The lesson being "It's not about you"

Your role is a useless role i know, but its your job to make the best use out of it (like trying to have the mafia target you).

You're too obsessed about surviving and that not the right attitude for a townie to have.

I mean you lose with the town so your priority is making sure the town wins not to surviving!

You're now probably off the scum night actions table and that means chances of major town roles getting killed just gone up a little bit.

Au contraire mon ami, 

i would say that Stefl did exactly the right thing. I am willing to belief Stefl's claim because (as i mentioned earlier) its a very brash move for him to make, in such a big game a town rolecop or another role that could reveal him is not out of the question. Secondly, I am willing to believe that Prof would deliberately give Stefl a booby role like Mason for this game. 

Now to relevant to your post - @bolded - he is now primary in the middle of scum night actions. For many players he would be confirmed town. Not a role worthy enough to guarentee doctor protection, but as confirmed town- scum has no reason to keep him around. Stefl is now off the scum list for many players, which makes the possibility of mislynch on him much lower. He is now a primary scum target.

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

He is helpful to the town. Didn't we have this mantra that if Rad is helpful to the town he is scum and if he is not he is town?  He is more active right now compared as last time.  Where he was a mason. 

Nice, I wanted to get an alignment stance from you.

Yes, that is the general rule, but don't confuse lots of posts with being helpful.

1. Can you elaborate this one? Are you being sarcastic? sorry my perception is quite dull right now.  Due to the lack of sleep.

2. But he is still different in this game. That's why it's interesting.

benao87 said:
Dafuq, went to class and came back and then a ton of posts.

I definitely underestimate this whole thing, it may require more attention to the thread.
Anyways, I think that rol, hatmoza, and radish are pro-town. Their posts kind of feel like a call to sensibility to avoid town screwing the first days up. I'm new to the game, but I reckon that the no-lynch thing proposed by radish sounds good, we are 20, right?, the probability of lynching a town day one is quite high, and at night there is another town dead. Still, going to wait a while before casting a vote.

If you are going to vote right now, who will it be? and why?

happydolphin said:
I've never seen Radish post so much so that's a town tell for me. My last experience with him was in the game with Miz and Linx, and well Radish was basically a lurker then.

Almost already confirmed town for me lol, but I won't jump the gun. Yoshiya pretty high on the townie list as well, pretty balsy to limit your options as scum day 1. If he is scum though that was a hell of a move.

So you already told us some of your town reads. How about your scum reads?

Player Name  # of post
MT Zehvor 1
benao  2
Rolstoppable  7
Nen-suer  22
Final-Fan  0
Zero  1
SuperMario  7
Yoshiya  2
Nachomamma  0
SethNintendo  3
Astrogamer  1
Stefl1504  11
Radishhead  11
Bong Lover   3
DarkThanatos  10
Hatmoza   6
Linkzmax  14
Spurgeonryan  13
HappyDOlphin  7
Noctis Nox  9

Interesting to note.

So  far FF and Nacho has yet to post.

Zero with only 1.

Radish is very active this time compared last game.

Nen-seur is the most active poster.

For me it should be only 7. I have 2 post that's irrelevant. 

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
benao87 said:
Dafuq, went to class and came back and then a ton of posts.

I definitely underestimate this whole thing, it may require more attention to the thread.
Anyways, I think that rol, hatmoza, and radish are pro-town. Their posts kind of feel like a call to sensibility to avoid town screwing the first days up. I'm new to the game, but I reckon that the no-lynch thing proposed by radish sounds good, we are 20, right?, the probability of lynching a town day one is quite high, and at night there is another town dead. Still, going to wait a while before casting a vote.

As stated in my message I'd go for no-lynch.

I'm realizing that my dissadvantage is not only that I'm new, but also that most people here know the style of posting of others so they can judge by their writing if something is off. I couldn't really claim that someone seems suspicious, as pretty much everybody could be suspicious from my point of view. Then, I'd rather wait a little bit to see how all the things start to elaborate.

nen-suer said:
Bong Lover said:
hatmoza said:
I have a question for the new players, and only the new players.

How do you feel about mafia games so far? Also are you confused between this thread and the Quick topic thread prof sent you in the PM? Because if you are, I can give you friendly beginner's advice on how they work.

I feel that mafia games are filled with double, tripple and quadruple crosses. I feel that I'm not fully in command of how the different roles will impact how this plays out, I feel that people are fronting that they are more convinced of certain things than thay really are and I feel that so far, the 'most likely to be scum' award goes to nen-suer.

Well well well, thats a mafia noob if I ever saw one :P

So Bong.....what makes me soo suspicious.

You are right, I've never played mafia with any of you before so I am left with having to go by pretty general observations. That said, this is what makes you so suspicious:

The early jump on Mario, wrapped in a joke but none the less, a rush to lynch none the less

The early joining in on the FF policy lynch

Other players have recommended to not live by, but not ignore your first impression either

And finally, you trying to downplay my experience, perhaps the stronges indication so far?

benao87 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

As stated in my message I'd go for no-lynch.

I'm realizing that my dissadvantage is not only that I'm new, but also that most people here know the style of posting of others so they can judge by their writing if something is off. I couldn't really claim that someone seems suspicious, as pretty much everybody could be suspicious from my point of view. Then, I'd rather wait a little bit to see how all the things start to elaborate.

Ok, so let me ask you a different one. 

You initially listed Rol, Radish and hatz  as town so they can be suspicious as well correct?

How do you feel about Nen?

How do you feel about stefl's Miller claim. Did you already googled it up? If so, can you  please tell me what  a miller is?

In general how do you feel about the game so far? and how knowledgeable are you about the mafia game right now?

Bong Lover said:
nen-suer said:
Bong Lover said:

I feel that mafia games are filled with double, tripple and quadruple crosses. I feel that I'm not fully in command of how the different roles will impact how this plays out, I feel that people are fronting that they are more convinced of certain things than thay really are and I feel that so far, the 'most likely to be scum' award goes to nen-suer.

Well well well, thats a mafia noob if I ever saw one :P

So Bong.....what makes me soo suspicious.

You are right, I've never played mafia with any of you before so I am left with having to go by pretty general observations. That said, this is what makes you so suspicious:

The early jump on Mario, wrapped in a joke but none the less, a rush to lynch none the less

The early joining in on the FF policy lynch

Other players have recommended to not live by, but not ignore your first impression either

And finally, you trying to downplay my experience, perhaps the stronges indication so far?

If that's the case then why haven't you place a vote on nen? All the reasoning you gave is already vote worthy IMO.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
happydolphin said:
I've never seen Radish post so much so that's a town tell for me. My last experience with him was in the game with Miz and Linx, and well Radish was basically a lurker then.

Almost already confirmed town for me lol, but I won't jump the gun. Yoshiya pretty high on the townie list as well, pretty balsy to limit your options as scum day 1. If he is scum though that was a hell of a move.

So you already told us some of your town reads. How about your scum reads?

nen and linkz, but that is just too common for me to think they're scummy so I pretty not dwell too much on it.

Would you like to know why? nen I already explained but Linkz is more tough to put my finger on. It's just a sense.