By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hugo Chavez dies aged 58 (5th March 2013)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-21679053

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez has died, his vice-president has announced.

Mr Chavez had not appeared in public since he returned to Venezuela last month after cancer treatment in Cuba.

An emotional Nicolas Maduro made the announcement on Tuesday evening, flanked by leading Venezuelan political and military leaders.

Earlier, he said the 58-year-old Venezuelan leader had a new, severe respiratory infection and had entered "his most difficult hours".

He's been very ill for a long time, and I didn't think he would recover, but still, this is going to cause some pretty large tremors in the region, especially in Venezuela itself.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Well, I heard it here first, on VGChartz.

Maybe things will improve for the Venezuelan people. At the very least I hope the political prisoners get realeased since their only crime was criticizing a dictator.

Obama did it again, it's clear the cia gave him cancer

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

One less enemy for the west is always a good thing imo.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
RIP. Should have had cancer treatment in America. Maybe the next ruler there will b more agreeable.

I've heard that cuba has great hospitals and doctors.  Don't know if that's true, though.

spurgeonryan said:
RIP. Should have had cancer treatment in America. Maybe the next ruler there will b more agreeable.

Um, you mean more responsible for his people right? Countries being well run =/= friendly to America. See Pakistan.

chapset said:
Obama did it again, it's clear the cia gave him cancer

And now Venezuela is threatening to retaliate.

Oh, no. Please don't give Obama cancer. That would be... terrible.

This is good for Venezuela, definitively. But it's gotta be a slow change.

And by the way, the best doctors in the world are in Cuba, be sure of that. And yes, it is terribly poor. If you're a turist, you don't see it, but if you're cuban and live there, then you see it... It's terrible, cubans can't do anything, even going to a super market is forbidden...

Maybe the CIA slipped him a few grams of Polonium. Nice work guys, Ahmadinejad should be next on the list.