By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hugo Chavez dies aged 58 (5th March 2013)

Busted said:
chapset said:
Busted said:
chapset said:
Obama did it again, it's clear the cia gave him cancer

Actually earlier today VP said and i quote ''We have no doubt that Cm. Chavez was attacked with this sickness, just like happened to Yasir Arafat. We have a lot of clues and investigation will follow at due time.'' go figure... It's so sad to know that there's is people in my country who actually believe everything that this -- -- says but what gives, Simon Bolivar said ''an ignorant people is the blind instrument of its own destruction''.

Dude you are so naive, the CIA been doing this since forever, they tried that shit here in Canada trying to kill Celine Dion before she became the mega star that she is, 5 or 10 years from now you will see in the new that Chavez was actually poisoned probably by Obama when they shook hand in is last visit

I don't care if he was poisoned, i'm happy he is dead and i hope everyone i his gabinet follows. Actually that was more of a way to get to my epic point of the Bolivar quote and addres that people here is blind. but i'm lazy and my english is (i consider) limited, so sometimes i can't express properly. Sorry.

I'm 100% with you. This man HAD to die period.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Good intention's never justify some of the action's he took.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Rab said:
Busted said:
Rab said:

Just so we have some facts about Venezuela: ''it has a rapidly improving health and education system''

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha... -- you get the point. Come here and check by yourself.

Not saying its great, but from what I have read it has been improving under Chávez

http://www.coha.org/hugo-chavez-and-the-future-of-venezuela/

Quote:

"Hugo Chávez has done an excellent job improving the social aspects of Venezuela under his presidency.  He has provided healthcare to the poorer segments of society, improved its education system, and essentially eradicated illiteracy."

That's very twisted, or maybe it's a little subjective.

--He has provided healthcare to the poorer segments of society= YES, it consist in pseudo doctors who graduate after 3 years, all they (can) do is a free basic check up and some pills to treat minor illness (the flu and stuff like that), because they don't have any kind of equipment or even conditions nor are they capcitated to do more.

All hospitals are public and the care (like, keeping you there) is free (procedements/operations are not, of course) but they have been since ever and all the gob has done is-nothing- as simple as that, hospitals have the same equipment and technology they had in 1998, the equipment which still functions... because they do not maintenance, there's very few specialized doctors in the country and those do what they can, if you need any kind of brain surgery there's only two hospitals you can go an they are at the opposite sites of the country, if it's a heart surgery what you need the options go up to 6, the salary of doctors and nurses is as miserable as their working conditions, there's a doctor deficit beacause doctors leave for other countries wich provide them better conditions, and judging by the state of this one, that could be any country. Clinics are too expensive, only rich people can afford them.

--improved its education system, and essentially eradicated illiteracy.= Yes and no, the gob has essentially eradicated illiteracy, yes, according to sources only 5.9% of the people are illiterate now, but improved its education system not so much, has provided more people with ''education'' but not necessarily a good one, this ''education'' is pretty basic no to mention that it is filled with indoctrination messages, like that Chavez is the only true leader, and about all of his ideas like that capitalism is the worst thing ever that will destroy the civilization, never trust the Right, hate them and anyone who thinks different not to you, to THAT, different to Chavez, etc. add that the subjects teached are very very watered down compared to what they are on normal schools and now im going to there...

The educational mmm Plan? i don't know how to express it in english, like, the ''level'' of the things that are supposed to be teached was lowered in 2000 or 2002 i don't remember, and has been getting lower and lower with time, is like if they wanted us to be idiots, the university entry requirements were also lowered for example, you needed an average grade of 17.5 (20 point scale) to apply for the medicine career, now you need a 15, i personaly think this was more a political strategy...

i could go deeper but it just a basic idea of how it is, they (gob and ''friends'') have a tendency to tell just the part of the truth who benefits them, and that's when they at least decide to tell the truth, i wanted to keep it short so i didn't tell you about all the companies they've nationalized and then abandoned, the assault against the media who doesn't tell the things like they want them to be told and i could go on and on...

Eh, as long as it doesn't lead to Venezuela backsliding into slavish neo-liberalism

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm more shocked by the favorable articles from MSNBC and CNN on this guy, libs just can't help but show their true colors when one of their own passes. This man was not a champion of the poor he is the ultra future version of the democratic party where everything is provided and all you need to do is vote us into power, don't worry about motivation the state will take care of you....very sad.