By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - SimCity 67 metacritic so far

If the game is unplayable, shouldn't it get a zero instead?

Around the Network
Galaki said:

That means the servers and connection has problems, not the game.  Diablo had many issues out of the gate as well.  

Eurogamer Sweden gave them 100.

Someone's gotten paid.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
Galaki said:

That means the servers and connection has problems, not the game.  Diablo had many issues out of the gate as well.  

But the online IS the game. EA should be punished harshly for this. 

They should be punished.  not what im saying.  Im just saying that the server it's self is not the game.  it is something that will be fixed.

Ive never even played this series so im not trying to defend them, I'm just stating that it is the server and not the game.  The game may actually be really fun when it is working, or moderately.   It is unnacceptable to release a game without having a proper online system though.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Galaki said:

And who's fault is that? EA. Therefore if you can't even play the game it deserves a 0. I can understand the odd glitch and bug here and there but not being able to play the ENTIRE game day 1 is emberassing on EA's part.

Destructoid has my favorite review on this game.

"There is some promise for this to be a good game, but promise alone isn't enough. Even if they do manage to get their servers back online and functioning, I still know that if something goes wrong on their end I will lose all of my saved games. My cities are at the mercy of EA's servers and my Internet connection, and while there are some nice things to be found in SimCity, the need to always be online and feeling forced to play with other people ruins the experience.

I wanted to like this game, I really did. At first I started to enjoy it, but soon all I found was frustration. I can't recommend this game to anyone, and I don't want to play it anymore myself because I am afraid of seeing all my efforts lost due to server issues. It's a decent game if it worked right, but the online dependency, forced multiplayer, and DRM ruin it."

Former something....

JayWood2010 said:
S.Peelman said:
SIMCITY 2013: 76 with userscore 1.5 (!)
SIMCITY 4: 84 with userscore 8.6

Thank you EA.
Should've just let Maxis do their thing.

I still can't believe the stupidity. It was sooo easy. All SimCity fans were waiting for, including myself, was a SimCity 4-clone with more options for building, modern graphics with realistic effects and more in-depth simulation and statistics.

The sad thing is, metascore will only go down significantly, maybe even ending in the 60's! On one hand I hope this game flops hard, but on the other I know EA will just blame Maxis for this.

itll get better over time (not score) with updates.  Just bad at launch but itll improve over time.

Yes, I would hope so.

But besides the online issues, and the obvious drawbacks it introduces (server issues now, connectivity requirement for what should be a single player game, a player's reliance to EA's goodwill to keep this game alive), the major design flaws break the game.

That's what I primarily meant in the "It was sooo easy" paragraph. Design decisions regarding especially regional play and connectivity between cities as well as personalisation and customization of the landscape while basic functions such as subways and highways are missing on top of a city size which is ridiculously small are all twenty steps backwards compared to SimCity 4. DRM is just the icing on the cake.

I've personally never been so disappointed about any game in my life. It's unacceptable when SimCity 4 was so near perfection.

pezus said:
I will wait and see if they manage to crack the game. I might buy it then when this online crap can be avoided.

Hopefully someone will be able to mod it. Or maybe EA realizes they screwed up and just releases a patch allowing for offline play. The two big issues it seems to me is Lot Size, and always online, if those are fixed whether be it by people cracking it and modding it, or EA. It looks like a fun game, maybe not as deep as previous ones.

The online play even seems like a fun idea to play with my friend or brother, just not forced.

I know diablo III had issues but it didn't seem near this bad.

Hopefully they add Cheetah mode, and it was just a temp fix that didn't work, because if that's removed it would break the game imo. Atleast Past Sim Cities.

Supposedly there's some working cracks now... I didn't buy it so I can't confirm

S.Peelman said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.Peelman said:
SIMCITY 2013: 76 with userscore 1.5 (!)
SIMCITY 4: 84 with userscore 8.6

Thank you EA.
Should've just let Maxis do their thing.

I still can't believe the stupidity. It was sooo easy. All SimCity fans were waiting for, including myself, was a SimCity 4-clone with more options for building, modern graphics with realistic effects and more in-depth simulation and statistics.

The sad thing is, metascore will only go down significantly, maybe even ending in the 60's! On one hand I hope this game flops hard, but on the other I know EA will just blame Maxis for this.

itll get better over time (not score) with updates.  Just bad at launch but itll improve over time.

Yes, I would hope so.

But besides the online issues, and the obvious drawbacks it introduces (server issues now, connectivity requirement for what should be a single player game, a player's reliance to EA's goodwill to keep this game alive), the major design flaws break the game.

That's what I primarily meant in the "It was sooo easy" paragraph. Design decisions regarding especially regional play and connectivity between cities as well as personalisation and customization of the landscape while basic functions such as subways and highways are missing on top of a city size which is ridiculously small are all twenty steps backwards compared to SimCity 4. DRM is just the icing on the cake.

I've personally never been so disappointed about any game in my life. It's unacceptable when SimCity 4 was so near perfection.

I've never really played any of the games.  Hppefully the connection issues will be fixed soon.  As far as the gameplay i cant comment about that since i know nothing about it but it does look interesting.  And this game will probably last a long time so im sure it will get better over time :)