By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - SimCity 67 metacritic so far

SimCity now has a 71 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/simcity

You can thank Destructoid's 40 and Quarter to Three's 20 for that.

Around the Network
C-M-D said:
SimCity now has a 71 on Metacritic.

You can thank Destructoid's 40 and Quarter to Three's 20 for that.

Ehhh that is harsh.

I really do feel like critics need to wait until they can actually play the game before rating it.  Just my opinion though.

I was actually able to play this weekend (in bits, I did get booted a few times even though I was playing in a private sandbox region) and while the game is neat, all of last week just sucked all the enthusiasm out for me.

The low scores are harsh, but the reviewers are not the ones that released an unplayable game. If, say, Gears of War or even some other non-AAA game released riddled with bugs and was unplayable, it would be treated just as harshly. Why should SimCity be any different?

pezus said:
Below 70 soon then

Yep.

Now at 68.

Glad to see that EA's bullshit is costing them through lowered scores, well deserved.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Glad to see that EA's bullshit is costing them through lowered scores, well deserved.

Well deserved indeed.

I just wish it wouldn't have to happen to one of the best franchises (up until SC4 anyway) ever made ...

pezus said:
I will wait and see if they manage to crack the game. I might buy it then when this online crap can be avoided.

Is Diablo 3 cracked and working properly?

S.Peelman said:
Mummelmann said:

Well deserved indeed.

I just wish it wouldn't have to happen to one of the best franchises (up until SC4 anyway) ever made ...

It's still above Microsoft Flight.
Just dropped below Age of Empires online.

I would say the only one that didn't get 'punished' enough is Diablo 3.

Hopefully Civilization 6 won't follow the same path.

JayWood2010 said:

I've never really played any of the games.  Hppefully the connection issues will be fixed soon.  As far as the gameplay i cant comment about that since i know nothing about it but it does look interesting.  And this game will probably last a long time so im sure it will get better over time :)

Well to be fair, by the looks of it, I'm think it's satisfying enough to players who would be new to the franchise.

As a long time SimCity player however, this 'dumbing-down' of the gameplay is not what I've been waiting for. I'm sure a lot of older players agree. I guess that's why they didn't call it "SimCity 5", it's basically a remake of the '80's original; introducing the series gameplay. The game wasn't meant for me in the first place. I'm not even that old myself (just a couple weeks shy of 25), but I've been gaming for a long time now, ever since the end of the third gen when I was very young. I remember the launch of SimCity 2000, and I've even played the original plenty even though it's as old as I am. I guess that's the downside of following franchises for such a long time... I have reached the point where I have to suffer through 're-boots' .

Double post; apologies