By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Athiests and other humans of high intelligence- What would you say to God on Judgement day?

ToraTiger said:
AnthonyW86 said:
ToraTiger said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Most Athiests that I have encountered have an IQ of maybe a kinder gardener so I wouldn't lump them in the same boat as high Intelligence people.

^This. 

Most Athiests I know are usually either, weirdos, emos, pseudo intellectuals, or people that are asocial or generally bitter. 

My theory is that they don't have much of a social life, so they adopt the role of the person that sticks out like a sore thumb.  In this, they feel like they're smarter than everyone else who follows convention, because they don't.  Much like a hipster.  Most of these people I talk to about these things usually don't put any stock in what they advocate.    O__O

Took me about 1 second reading your post to figure out that you're a teenager, the way you look at someone's world and life view as something that is adopted to fit in or change their social status is frankly very immature.

I'l tell you a little secret: Fitting in and being cool might seem very important in high school but you will realise it isn't worth crap in real life. Someone's religous views or theory's of life are so much bigger and important than social aspects like trying to look better in the eye's of other, that it's actually insulting to even compare the two.

Really?  You act as if I just judged every atheist with that post. I said most of the ones I know.  Like I've stated, most of the kids I know seem to have no knowledge in religion at all.  And it's pretty obvious they just adopt this just because they see others doing it. I would ask them "How come you don't believe in a God?" (Specifically not alluding to the Christian god.) They would never give me any decent answers at all.  They wouldn't even use philosophical or scientific matters.  It was clearly a choice with no real substantial reasoning, as I don't think any of them actually knew anything on the matter.  They probaby weren't very religious to begin with.  So of course you can easily give up something that you never really had any deep connection with to begin with.

Well what you usually see with kids is that religion doesn't make sense to them but they can't really grasp why yet. It takes alot of life experiences and lessons to really create a balanced opinion on a subject this big. Also you won't see many kids having a serious discussion and religion will probably be one of the least popular subjects anyway(and probably pretty uncool to talk about).

For me personally it was that the more i discovered about life, the world and the universe that we live in the more unlikely any religion became. It really does take a grown up mind to realize how much the human imagination is capable off and realise that religion as a creation of the human mind is a possibility.

Around the Network
ToraTiger said:

Really?  You act as if I just judged every atheist with that post. I said most of the ones I know.  Like I've stated, most of the kids I know seem to have no knowledge in religion at all.  And it's pretty obvious they just adopt this just because they see others doing it. I would ask them "How come you don't believe in a God?" (Specifically not alluding to the Christian god.) They would never give me any decent answers at all.  They wouldn't even use philosophical or scientific matters.  It was clearly a choice with no real substantial reasoning, as I don't think any of them actually knew anything on the matter.  They probaby weren't very religious to begin with.  So of course you can easily give up something that you never really had any deep connection with to begin with.

If you weren't attempting to use your anecdotal evidence from your personal experience with atheists, then what was the point of including that quip at all?

You can't run away from what you said by attempting to reduce your post into some off topic rambling. I, as well as anyone else who read that post, know exactly what you were doing which is why I promptly rebutted it using actual facts. 

It's possible the alleged atheists simply didn't want to indulge you in a discussion they've had countless times, thought of you as a peasant, were ignorant, or any other of a variety of assumptions and after reading your posts I can see why they might not engage in such a discussion with you.

I am a good man, and I'm a good man in spite of you.

Question 1: "So, er, which god are you?"
Question 2: "Why did *god in question's religious text* not just consist of basic scientific teachings?"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Thanks for making sex so damn good.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
Salnax said:
YOLO!

That's what I call going out in style.

hatmoza said:
The thread title has me completely confused. Are you implying all atheist are smart?

The thread title strikes me as highly sarcastic.

spurgeonryan said:
Is sex actually that great though? Besides the 5 second gratification, what else do you get? It is a punishment from God.

you're doing it wrong

Ahhh. I've always found it odd to think that God is petty and vengeful. I find him to be much more of an exciting presence. The embodiment of the Epicness of life.

Jay520 said:
Salnax said:
YOLO!

Lol!

Consider this:

1. A person who observes someone masterbate is sexually attracted to that person.
2. A person who is sexually attracted to a child is a pedophile
3. God sees all and observes all.
4. Because of 3, God observed me when I masterbated as a child.
5. Because of 1 & 4, God was sexually attracted to me as a chld.
6. Because of 2 & 5, God is a pedophile.
7. God is all-powerful
8. Because of 6 & 7, God is an all-powerful pedophile

I would be happy to not live with such a being.

Some may say "God was watching you to make sure you were safe." But this makes no sense. God knows everything and knows what I'm going to do and if I'll be safe. So there's no reason to watch me other than for sexual pleasure

Consider this,

Trainsitive property abuse can prove even the most absurd. 

Not to start an argument but the logic is more than a little flawed.