By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Athiests and other humans of high intelligence- What would you say to God on Judgement day?

ToraTiger said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Most Athiests that I have encountered have an IQ of maybe a kinder gardener so I wouldn't lump them in the same boat as high Intelligence people.

^This. 

Most Athiests I know are usually either, weirdos, emos, pseudo intellectuals, or people that are asocial or generally bitter. 

My theory is that they don't have much of a social life, so they adopt the role of the person that sticks out like a sore thumb.  In this, they feel like they're smarter than everyone else who follows convention, because they don't.  Much like a hipster.  Most of these people I talk to about these things usually don't put any stock in what they advocate.    O__O

I'm sure there are people that are doing it to not fit in (though that seems indiotic to me) but I've noticed far too many of my scientific colleagues being atheist to really think that that's the only reason you can become one.  Sometimes it's just the natural decision after looking at everything as logically as you can.  As a scientist, if I spend every day looking for proof of how things work it's tough to then go home and then believe in something that is solely based on faith.  Just doesn't jive with me.  

Around the Network

I'm not sure if you meant it, but your verbage gives a hilarious implication.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ToraTiger said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Most Athiests that I have encountered have an IQ of maybe a kinder gardener so I wouldn't lump them in the same boat as high Intelligence people.

^This. 

Most Athiests I know are usually either, weirdos, emos, pseudo intellectuals, or people that are asocial or generally bitter. 

My theory is that they don't have much of a social life, so they adopt the role of the person that sticks out like a sore thumb.  In this, they feel like they're smarter than everyone else who follows convention, because they don't.  Much like a hipster.  Most of these people I talk to about these things usually don't put any stock in what they advocate.    O__O

Both of you are incredibly ignorant. 

Your statements would be like me comparing all religious people to the deep south of the USA which fails so fantastically in regard to basic education as to shred credibility to the notion of inbreeding.

Let's modify atheism to simply "rejection of the belief in a personal god". Upon doing so, we've eliminated virtually every religion on the planet as a belief for such individuals. That being said, 93% of scientists from the National Academy of Sciences fall into this group. And I think we can agree that these are intelligent people and not the dullards or pseudo-intellectuals as you, with such inanity, chose to generalize.

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/news/file002.html

Could we ever have a religious thread on VGC that doesn't boil down to "Atheist are dumb" or "religious people believe in fairy tales"?.

As for the OP question, it's an interesting one, though I have to counterpoint it by asking what if the actual god you find in Judgment Day isn't the one you believe in, but one of the 2800 or so deities in recorded history? Just because christianity is the biggest religion in the modern world, doesn't mean that it's automatically the right one. If anything that History has proven is that no religion will ever be completely "right" or "wrong", so to consider your own deity as the only one is pretty selfish, to say the least.

If Judgment Day does come (and consider that Judgment Day isn't exclusive to Christianity as well, since most religions, some which are 3 to 4 thousands of years old have their own version of JD) and I meet the Goddess (i'm Wiccan), I'd probably ask her why wasn't our species capable of overcoming the bitter hypocrisy that defines us as logical animals.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Could we ever have a religious thread on VGC that doesn't boil down to "Atheist are dumb" or "religious people believe in fairy tales"?.

As for the OP question, it's an interesting one, though I have to counterpoint it by asking what if the actual god you find in Judgment Day isn't the one you believe in, but one of the 2800 or so deities in recorded history? Just because christianity is the biggest religion in the modern world, doesn't mean that it's automatically the right one. If anything that History has proven is that no religion will ever be completely "right" or "wrong", so to consider your own deity as the only one is pretty selfish, to say the least.

If Judgment Day does come (and consider that Judgment Day isn't exclusive to Christianity as well, since most religions, some which are 3 to 4 thousands of years old have their own version of JD) and I meet the Goddess (i'm Wiccan), I'd probably ask her why wasn't our species capable of overcoming the bitter hypocrisy that defines us as logical animals.

To be fair, most of these discussions don't reveal that atheists are dumb, only evil and without purpose and morals.

OT: I'd say; "Morgan Freeman, nice to finally meet you!"

Around the Network

I would paint the entry way to my house with the blood of a freshly slaughtered goat in the hopes that he would spare my first born son, then I would spit in his eye for all the evil he causes on his beloved creations.

spurgeonryan said:

Basically if you discovered he was real? Any questions before he tossed you in a firey pit for 10,000 years?

you don't need to believe in god to be a good person and if he said "well, you were a really good person, but man you didn't believe in me, so down you go" then that bitch didn't derserve to be believed in anyway

Hey God.

Boxers or Briefs?

Mummelmann said:

To be fair, most of these discussions don't reveal that atheists are dumb, only evil and without purpose and morals.

Yeah Morgan Freeman a man of faith.  Faith in Science.

Kind of ironic that the guy who fits the god role best is an Atheist....

Netyaroze said:
Mummelmann said:

Yeah Morgan Freeman a man of faith.  Faith in Science.

Kind of Ironic that the guy who fits the god role best is an Atheist....

I'd rather have Richard Dawkins as god, to be honest. Or perhaps James Randi.