By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What could Nintendo realistically do to get you to buy one of their systems.

Scisca said:
Wii U - cut the price. Right now it's way too expensive for what it offers on the hardware front. I got my PS3 320 GB for 175 Euro. I won't pay 400 Euro for a console that's only slightly more powerful and doesn't even have a disc.

3DS - redesign it to include two sliders. I'd go for an XL version of such a console.

Why require a 3DS with 2 sliders when pretty much every game in the 3DS library doesn't use a second slider?

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Mensrea said:
Jumpin said:
I will buy any Nintendo console so long as they don't make it ridiculous like the GameCube.

Man you alwasy hate on the cube. I think it was the best Ninty console besides maybe SNES. Why you hate it? Just because it was purple?

Also, Zelda HD better be fu**ing good. We've had 4 consecutive terrible Zelda's (SS,TP,ST,PH) it's time to go all out.

The purple lunchbox thing just made it embarassing to look at. It was mostly because it was a dumbed down Playstation 2 with a broken controller, rather than an innovative Nintendo console.

Every Nintendo console has revolutionized the industry in some way.

NES - consoles all have D-pads on their controllersbecause of it.
SNES - consoles all use the diamond facebutton configuration and shoulder buttons on their controllers because of it.
N64 - consoles all use analog stick controls because of it.
Wii - consoles all have motion controls because ot it.

Gamecube didn't add a thing. In fact, it's controller was a big step backwards. It's lack of DVD features, and the fact it LOOKED like a childrens lunchbox, was just big kick in the groin.

Gamecube had the wavebird, the first reliable wireless controller. Guess what all controllers have now?

Scisca said:
fordy said:
Scisca said:
Wii U - cut the price. Right now it's way too expensive for what it offers on the hardware front. I got my PS3 320 GB for 175 Euro. I won't pay 400 Euro for a console that's only slightly more powerful and doesn't even have a disc.

3DS - redesign it to include two sliders. I'd go for an XL version of such a console.

They're not going to piss off 20+ million users to give you a second slide pad. Besides, the touchscreen has always counted as a second analog. Why would you need a 3rd?

So they won't get my money - simple :) I have a Vita and I'm loving everything about it, it gives me what I want :) There is no drama here :P

TPP games are my favourite genre and they work best with 2 analogs. I don't like this touchscreen instead of analog. Tried it on my DS and just don't like it.

All for a second analog stick? Kind of  a pissy thing to turn a console down, dont you think?

Kid Icarus Uprising is TPP and makes excellent use of the two. If using the stylus and the slide pad at the same time isn't your thing, try the thumb stylus.

Weedlab said:
bananaking21 said:
stop all the Mii shit and start making games for adults, stop charging me a lot of money for outdated hardware. also they seem to think that a story doesnt have a place in video games, until they change that flawed perception they wont have me as a consumer

You're such a big ole meanie >.<

I'm lying I actually agree

you should agree with me, im always right

JazzB1987 said:
Scisca said:
JazzB1987 said:
Scisca said:

Good for you :)

Nobody knows how much more powerful it is, neither me nor you. There is not a single Wii U game in existence that looks like something not possible on PS360. There is no "understanding" to come in play here, the games either looks better or not. I couldn't care less if the console is more powerful, when the games look the same. To me PS3 and X360 are equal, even though in theory PS3 is a bit more powerful.

The Game Pad is a cool thing, I like it. It is something that I consider a selling point, but just not for the current price. I have a Vita already, so the added value isn't that big at this point.

You're right, I don't care about Wii U Basic. When I'm going to buy a Wii U, it's going to be the Deluxe model. What is more, a Wii U for 200 Euro? Maybe in your country. I live in Poland, my country doesn't exist in Nintendo books. I live in a 1.3 million aglomeration, I go to game stores every few days and so far I've never even seen a Wii U. It's impossible in my city to just go out and buy it. If I wanted it, I'd have to get it online or maybe order in one of the biggest stores, but I would cost around 400 Euro, as there is no competition in Poland to drive the prices of Nintendo stuff down. Also another thing I hate about Nintendo - if I select Poland as my country in the console settings, it blocks Internet. I'm not sure if it's like that in Wii U (it's like that in my Wii), but mot probably it's still the case and I simply find it insulting. This is not acceptable.

I don't demand an HDD, I just notice that PS3 being over 200 Euro cheaper has a big HDD on board, which makes it even cheaper in comparison. I want Sony to release a basic PS4 with some flash memory and with a free slot for an internal disc. That would be perfect, as I belong to those who don't like the idea of an external disc next to a console. What is more, I think that 32GB is enough for a Wii U, since it will never be my main console and I won't buy a lot of stuff online for this console. It's going to be a console for those few Nintendo 1st party games, which I'm going to buy on a disc. 32 GB should be enough for the patches and DLCs, maybe I'll have to add an SDHC card after some time.

Anyways, 400 Euro is way too much for this console for me. In this gen Wii was my first console and now I regret buying it as the first one, because the number of core games dipped and I entered the HD gen so much later. I'm happy I got it, but I would be much happier if I got a PS3 first and Wii later on. And I don't want to make the same mistake second time.

Well good point with the country problem.  Since you mentioned Euro I was assuming you pay in euro my bad :).
I still dont get why Amazon has no polish website. But as far as I know they ship to poland they want 6 euros or so for it.

Right now the cheapest 32GB WiiU (with NintendoLand) on Amazon France/Germany is 285€ you have to look at the WAREHOUSE DEALS under USED.  Those are the products people return within 2 weeks that look like new so instead of returning them to manufacturer etc. amazon tries to sell them for a discount.

They are mostly UNUSED even if Amazon states its  " only" in good condition (they mostly talk about the box having damage but the console/whatever is inside) is mostly unused. Every article has a seperate description for this.

I personally dont see much of a point in the 32gb version since you can buy the white one and buy a 16GB SDHC class 10 card for like 8 euros. And when you dont want to buy digital games you also dont need the Nintendo Network Premium offering. The only thing left would be the stands etc. and in Europe the sensor bar (which is like 1 euro from ebay for the wireless battery version)

So my personal choice would be the white basic version for right now 232,61 euros. (Amazon.de)

But enough of that I dont want to sell WiiUs here lol  I just wanted to show you that you dont have to buy in Poland.

When it comes to Nintendo country is a problem. You have no idea how pathetic Nintendo support is over here. I have made a post with photos from my favourite game store a few weeks after the release of Wii U. Here it is, just take a look:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4979143

This tells a lot about what they should improve ;) Add to that the fact there is no Nintendo Poland, no official support, service, blocking online if I choose Poland as my country (but when I select Ireland or Germany, everything works fine). Seriously, just go to their official page:

http://www.nintendo.pl/

There is still no mention about the Wii U :D The page shows a Wii and a DSi!! Paper Mario Sticker Star is listed as "coming". Does this require any comment? :)

Thanks for the tips about how to buy electronics cheap in Germany, didn't know that. Buying stuff there isn't a problem, as I used to study in Mannheim and my sister is studying in Goettingen now :) I bought my DSi abroad as well. A Wii U for 200 Euro? That is actually very tempting... I'm going to look into in in a couple of months ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

1. Make a true "Next Gen" console in terms of power and capability.

2. Stop focusing on Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon and get creative again. Make new IPs. More mature content in their games (not necessarily M, but something with a REAL storyline I can get involved with). I'm sick and tired and squishing things with Mario.

3. GIVE ZELDA SOME DAMN VOICE OVER!!!! It's 2013, gameplay and immersion in a flagship series should not be impeded by WALLS OF TEXT.

4. Add a Blu Ray player.

5. Have some exclusives that I actually want to play.

fordy said:
Scisca said:
fordy said:
Scisca said:

They're not going to piss off 20+ million users to give you a second slide pad. Besides, the touchscreen has always counted as a second analog. Why would you need a 3rd?

So they won't get my money - simple :) I have a Vita and I'm loving everything about it, it gives me what I want :) There is no drama here :P

TPP games are my favourite genre and they work best with 2 analogs. I don't like this touchscreen instead of analog. Tried it on my DS and just don't like it.

All for a second analog stick? Kind of  a pissy thing to turn a console down, dont you think?

Kid Icarus Uprising is TPP and makes excellent use of the two. If using the stylus and the slide pad at the same time isn't your thing, try the thumb stylus.

The fact there are almost no games I'm really interested in is an important thing though. And those few that I actually want to play make use of the second slider (RE, Kingdom Hearts, etc.). And yeah, I want those two sliders, I want the kind of experience they provide. If I got a 3DS now, I'd get the cradle as well, so I'd rather just have Nintendo include it in the console ;) I'm just a bit spoiled by my Vita, I know :)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Well since PS4 is only 8 months away.... NOTHING.

Even xbox, but still. I don't want to waste my money now, knowing that something better will be released shortly.

I think they should really upgrade the Wii U Pad. I was playing NSMBU at a local store the other day and looked at a beautiful, crystal clear Screen on an HDTV (from Sony, btw :P). Everything was colourful and it just was fun to look at. Then I looked at the Gamepad and the image looked really REALLY bad in comparison. The colours are washed out, the resolution is absoultely horrible and you just don't want to play on such a thing in the year 2013. Also, resistive touch was a bad idea. You're just used to capacitive screens nowadays, arent's you? With all those smartphones and tablets around, it just feels awkward to use the Wii U screen. Overall, the Wii U Pad feels rushed and outdated. It just won't impress anyone who plays it the first time. And that is the big differende between Wii U and Wii. With the Wii, everyone who picked up the controller had a good time. With the Wi U, you try it out and you're like:

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Hmm, I owned the NES/SNES/Wii/DS. What would it take to buy the Wii U or the 3DS?

1) I don't like Nintendos no control schemes. I do not like the stylus control, the Wii Mote or the new Gamepad. Make them completely optional so that I do not have to deal with it. Especially these new annoying minigames that try to make us of the new control schemes are most of the time simply annoying (Silent Hill, etc...).

2) Include some sort of Trophy system. I like browsing through my trophy list and see that I have completed a certain game that I really like. It is also a nice feature where I can go back and see which and how many games I have beaten in 2010.

3) Put more focus on narrative. I have grown tired of these gameplay-only games. If you can't make good story then try to put some humour in it. Ratchet & Clank or Jak and Daxter did not have great Stories, but the Cutscenes and Dialogues were really funny. Or at least introduce a franchise with a story-driven setting.

4) Make a New Link to the Past Zelda game with eagle-eye view.