By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What could Nintendo realistically do to get you to buy one of their systems.

Realistically, nothing :(

Now, if almighty Nintendo would be so kind, I wouldn't mind a research assistant for my Masters' investigation, and another for my work. That would free me enough time to go through my backlog, and then I could get either a 3DS or a WiiU, or both.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
JazzB1987 said:
Scisca said:

Good for you :)

Nobody knows how much more powerful it is, neither me nor you. There is not a single Wii U game in existence that looks like something not possible on PS360. There is no "understanding" to come in play here, the games either looks better or not. I couldn't care less if the console is more powerful, when the games look the same. To me PS3 and X360 are equal, even though in theory PS3 is a bit more powerful.

The Game Pad is a cool thing, I like it. It is something that I consider a selling point, but just not for the current price. I have a Vita already, so the added value isn't that big at this point.

You're right, I don't care about Wii U Basic. When I'm going to buy a Wii U, it's going to be the Deluxe model. What is more, a Wii U for 200 Euro? Maybe in your country. I live in Poland, my country doesn't exist in Nintendo books. I live in a 1.3 million aglomeration, I go to game stores every few days and so far I've never even seen a Wii U. It's impossible in my city to just go out and buy it. If I wanted it, I'd have to get it online or maybe order in one of the biggest stores, but I would cost around 400 Euro, as there is no competition in Poland to drive the prices of Nintendo stuff down. Also another thing I hate about Nintendo - if I select Poland as my country in the console settings, it blocks Internet. I'm not sure if it's like that in Wii U (it's like that in my Wii), but mot probably it's still the case and I simply find it insulting. This is not acceptable.

I don't demand an HDD, I just notice that PS3 being over 200 Euro cheaper has a big HDD on board, which makes it even cheaper in comparison. I want Sony to release a basic PS4 with some flash memory and with a free slot for an internal disc. That would be perfect, as I belong to those who don't like the idea of an external disc next to a console. What is more, I think that 32GB is enough for a Wii U, since it will never be my main console and I won't buy a lot of stuff online for this console. It's going to be a console for those few Nintendo 1st party games, which I'm going to buy on a disc. 32 GB should be enough for the patches and DLCs, maybe I'll have to add an SDHC card after some time.

Anyways, 400 Euro is way too much for this console for me. In this gen Wii was my first console and now I regret buying it as the first one, because the number of core games dipped and I entered the HD gen so much later. I'm happy I got it, but I would be much happier if I got a PS3 first and Wii later on. And I don't want to make the same mistake second time.

Well good point with the country problem.  Since you mentioned Euro I was assuming you pay in euro my bad :).
I still dont get why Amazon has no polish website. But as far as I know they ship to poland they want 6 euros or so for it.

Right now the cheapest 32GB WiiU (with NintendoLand) on Amazon France/Germany is 285€ you have to look at the WAREHOUSE DEALS under USED.  Those are the products people return within 2 weeks that look like new so instead of returning them to manufacturer etc. amazon tries to sell them for a discount.

They are mostly UNUSED even if Amazon states its  " only" in good condition (they mostly talk about the box having damage but the console/whatever is inside) is mostly unused. Every article has a seperate description for this.

I personally dont see much of a point in the 32gb version since you can buy the white one and buy a 16GB SDHC class 10 card for like 8 euros. And when you dont want to buy digital games you also dont need the Nintendo Network Premium offering. The only thing left would be the stands etc. and in Europe the sensor bar (which is like 1 euro from ebay for the wireless battery version)

So my personal choice would be the white basic version for right now 232,61 euros. (Amazon.de)

But enough of that I dont want to sell WiiUs here lol  I just wanted to show you that you dont have to buy in Poland.

If Nintendo gave me money, I would buy the Wii U right now. As they didn't, i'm buying it later.

As a 3DSXL and Wii U owner who thinks they're the best things since sliced bread, what i would love to see, and what i think would mean big money and big sales for Nintendo, is a Nintendo/Apple agreement. Nintendo would makes games for iOS exclusively, including porting their Virtual Console, and in return, Apple would be able to make an 'iOS Mode' for the gamepad, practically turning it into an iPhone for iMessaging and syncing with an itunes account. Users could download any and all music and apps that they've already purchased, relying of course on apps that dont require multi-touch. It would be the biggest E3 megaton of all time.

spurgeonryan said:
I am buying a Wii U just for spite.

just for the sake of curiosity, to spite who?

Ive bought just at least one Iteration of a ninty system from the past decade and a half. And right now there is nothing from Wii U that i want. I actually like the system, the pad feels better than i thought it would, but for the asking price it aint worth it. There is literally no games that i want for the system. The one I was interested in (Rayman) is being ported(who didnt see that coming?). I need a new Zelda, new 3d Mario and new Smash with GOOD online, i need all three on the shelves before i even consider it.

Around the Network
Foetoid said:
As a 3DSXL and Wii U owner who thinks they're the best things since sliced bread, what i would love to see, and what i think would mean big money and big sales for Nintendo, is a Nintendo/Apple agreement. Nintendo would makes games for iOS exclusively, including porting their Virtual Console, and in return, Apple would be able to make an 'iOS Mode' for the gamepad, practically turning it into an iPhone for iMessaging and syncing with an itunes account. Users could download any and all music and apps that they've already purchased, relying of course on apps that dont require multi-touch. It would be the biggest E3 megaton of all time.

That would kill the only division Nintendo can count on when their home consoles are in trouble and where their main profit comes from, which are the handheld sales. No way that's gonna happen.

RazorDragon said:
Foetoid said:

That would kill the only division Nintendo can count on when their home consoles are in trouble and where their main profit comes from, which are the handheld sales. No way that's gonna happen.

I dont think they should port handheld games to iOS devices, i mean they should also make simpler games for iOS devices, new and different versions of games without porting the big well known titles that should stay exclusive to the 3DS. That would raise more awareness for Nintendo in general, bring in more people who want to give their actual hardware a go.

Foetoid said:
RazorDragon said:
Foetoid said:

I dont think they should port handheld games to iOS devices, i mean they should also make simpler games for iOS devices, new and different versions of games without porting the big well known titles that should stay exclusive to the 3DS. That would raise more awareness for Nintendo in general, bring in more people who want to give their actual hardware a go.

I see. Well, I still don't think that would benefit Nintendo in any way, but, based on what you said in that post, it's likely that it wouldn't hurt them either. However, I don't see that happening unless Nintendo gets in a deep financial trouble, and, if they get to that point, it's more likely going 3rd party than making a deal with Apple, IMO.

RazorDragon said:
Foetoid said:
RazorDragon said:
Foetoid said:

I see. Well, I still don't think that would benefit Nintendo in any way, but, based on what you said in that post, it's likely that it wouldn't hurt them either. However, I don't see that happening unless Nintendo gets in a deep financial trouble, and, if they get to that point, it's more likely going 3rd party than making a deal with Apple, IMO.

Can you imagine an iOS re-release of the original 2 gens of Pokemon. Logging in with your NNID once the systems for 3DS/Wii U are merged, then getting bonuses of some sort in Pokemon X/Y for playing the originals on iOS? Maybe finishing the elite 4 in the first 2 gens on iOS unlocks those starter pokemon as catchable in the wild for X/Y. The potential is massive, they don't have to port big new releases to iOS. This is of course wishful thinking lol.

I kinda miss playing nintendo related games(haven't since the n64) but the only way I would ever get the wii-u is if its free or if its way cheaper and when its library begins to over flow in exclusive 3rd party support

as for 3ds I currently do want one, but I just haven't cared to buy one yet