By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console are you buying next?

What console are you buying next?

I'm buying a PS4 221 57.70%

I'm buying the next Xbox 34 8.88%

I'm buying a Ps4/next Xb... 26 6.79%

I'm buying a Wii-U 74 19.32%

I'm Sticking with this g... 8 2.09%

I'm more a PC gamer but ... 12 3.13%

I'm only interested in handheld gaming 2 0.52%

I'm not interested in an... 6 1.57%

Total:383
ToraReaper said:
AnthonyW86 said:
ToraReaper said:
I'm thinking of buying 2 more original xbox consoles... halo 2, and conker live and reloaded lan parties!

Conker was nice and probably the best looking Xbox game ever, though it's multiplayer doesn't even come close to that of the N64 version. That game for me has probably the best local competing multiplayer modes in history.

:/ I got the 64 and xb version... and the xb MP demolished the 64 one. The N64 version was tops for the era, up there with goldeneye and perfect dark. But the xb added the class based gameplay, far better maps, and lan play... playing live and reloaded locally in the same house with 4 consoles in different rooms... screaming across the house at people... it was some of the best fun ive ever had in multiplayer gaming.

But the XB version only has deathmatch type gamemodes, the N64 version has the beach attack, the egg hunt, the bank heist etc. That's what made it fun for me.

Around the Network

I voted PS4 because I already have a Wii U.

Well, by my financial status right now, I'll get PS4 in time when PS8 will be actual.

PS4, I need that killzone: shadow fall

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

AnthonyW86 said:
ToraReaper said:
AnthonyW86 said:
ToraReaper said:
I'm thinking of buying 2 more original xbox consoles... halo 2, and conker live and reloaded lan parties!

Conker was nice and probably the best looking Xbox game ever, though it's multiplayer doesn't even come close to that of the N64 version. That game for me has probably the best local competing multiplayer modes in history.

:/ I got the 64 and xb version... and the xb MP demolished the 64 one. The N64 version was tops for the era, up there with goldeneye and perfect dark. But the xb added the class based gameplay, far better maps, and lan play... playing live and reloaded locally in the same house with 4 consoles in different rooms... screaming across the house at people... it was some of the best fun ive ever had in multiplayer gaming.

But the XB version only has deathmatch type gamemodes, the N64 version has the beach attack, the egg hunt, the bank heist etc. That's what made it fun for me.

Wat... there was CTF, base capture... and a few others i dont remember. CTF is what i remember the most, best game type, SO exciting.

Around the Network
ToraReaper said:
AnthonyW86 said:
ToraReaper said:
AnthonyW86 said:
ToraReaper said:

Wat... there was CTF, base capture... and a few others i dont remember. CTF is what i remember the most, best game type, SO exciting.

Well opinions can differ, Conker: Live and reloaded's multiplayer didn't appeal to me that much at the time.  Anyway Conker: live and reloaded works on the Xbox 360 aswell, though it might have some hickups now and then.

PS4 day 1 no doubt in my mind. Probably wii u after that when the games come out. I played the wii u for a bit and couldn't understand how anyone could enjoy that stupid controller. Hopefully zelda and xenoblade will be supported with the gamepad.

O-U-Y-A

AstroMaSSi rules

I'll get a PS4 it has all the franchises I want and it looks like third party support is going to be strong.

I will most likely buy the next Xbox unless:

* It focuses all on Kinect
* Services (Netflix, Lovefilm, Youtube etc) are the main feature rather than games

I was impressed by the PS4 reveal, but I won't be buying my next console until a year or so after release. More than happy with my WiiU right now.