By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Willem Dafoe to star alongside Ellen Page in Beyond: Two Souls (coming October 8th)

Tagged games:

I liked video games before they were movies.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Spedfrom said:

That is not at all what I said, CGi.

What I said is that at the time I enjoyed Heavy Rain quite a bit, but now three years later I am not satisfied with the lip-synching.

This is so because I probably had lower expectations at the time and managed to be happy with what Quantic Dream did with the lip-synching on Heavy Rain, but NOW, three years later, I'm at a point where I've been spoiled by other games with better lip-synching and found it lacking in what I've seen so far from Beyond. I'm sure they have improved it since Heavy Rain, but not enough for what I now expect as "good".

And relax, I'm not attacking Quantic Dream. I've enjoyed their work since Omikron. But that doesn't invalidate my concerns with their work when I have them.

What's wrong with the lip-synching?

That's Heavy Rain, not Beyond as I'm sure you know it.

But thinking again on the matter, CGi is right, I'm talking more about lip-motion that lip-synching. Dafoe's character is lip-synched properly, but the motion of his lips are suffering from a mild case of paralysis, as if he can't stretch them or his mouth enough to say the words that we hear from him.

Spedfrom said:
Wright said:
Spedfrom said:

That is not at all what I said, CGi.

What I said is that at the time I enjoyed Heavy Rain quite a bit, but now three years later I am not satisfied with the lip-synching.

This is so because I probably had lower expectations at the time and managed to be happy with what Quantic Dream did with the lip-synching on Heavy Rain, but NOW, three years later, I'm at a point where I've been spoiled by other games with better lip-synching and found it lacking in what I've seen so far from Beyond. I'm sure they have improved it since Heavy Rain, but not enough for what I now expect as "good".

And relax, I'm not attacking Quantic Dream. I've enjoyed their work since Omikron. But that doesn't invalidate my concerns with their work when I have them.

What's wrong with the lip-synching?

But thinking again on the matter, CGi is right, I'm talking more about lip-motion that lip-synching. Dafoe's character is lip-synched properly, but the motion of his lips are suffering from a mild case of paralysis, as if he can't stretch them or his mouth enough to say the words that we hear from him.

My bad, I did not understand you. I though that after three years, you didn't like Heavy Rain's lip-synch, not the evolution shown in Beyond.

Wright said:

My bad, I did not understand you. I though that after three years, you didn't like Heavy Rain's lip-synch, not the evolution shown in Beyond.

No harm done. :)

Spedfrom said:
Wright said:

Then, can we hug? :3

Around the Network
Spedfrom said:

I noticed that too, hopefully they can fix that a bit. I wonder if it is a motion capture issue or a hardware limitation. Still this game looks boss.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

CGI-Quality said:
Chark said:
Spedfrom said:

I noticed that too, hopefully they can fix that a bit. I wonder if it is a motion capture issue or a hardware limitation. Still this game looks boss.

Nah, I don't imagine much to change. Having a second look, I see where Spedfrom is coming from. The capture itself is fine, but the facial motion looks a bit stiff. I'm more willing to blame the hardware than the dev. Look at tht presentation Cage showed off for the PS4 - if that old man can move as good as he looks, it will make this game look ancient!

I'm already looking forward beyond Beyond! Zing! :p

Wright said:
Spedfrom said:
Wright said:

*hugs Wright*

Spedfrom said:
Wright said:
Spedfrom said:
Wright said:

*hugs Wright*

Yay! *Kisses his cheek* (?)

LOL
Calm down junior.