By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Willem Dafoe to star alongside Ellen Page in Beyond: Two Souls (coming October 8th)

Tagged games:

Woah! I love Dafoe =D

Hope a friend of mine bought this so that then I steal his console and play it! I'd hate to play this the same way I had to with Heavy Rain, via youtube :(

Around the Network
Spedfrom said:
The movement of the lips is still too awkward and stiff. It hardly moves enough for how the words sound. It’s like the characters have a pronounced lip paralysis.

I might be putting on the nostalgia glasses, but I didn’t think it was an issue with Heavy Rain. But that was almost 3 years ago, maybe I’ve been spoiled by more recent games when it comes to lip-synching. In any case, the standard has gone up and what we’ve seen in this new trailer, in regards to lip-synching, isn’t acceptable any longer.

Agreed, it's just odd.

How does the game play this time? QTE based?

CGI-Quality said:
Cub said:
Spedfrom said:
The movement of the lips is still too awkward and stiff. It hardly moves enough for how the words sound. It’s like the characters have a pronounced lip paralysis.

I might be putting on the nostalgia glasses, but I didn’t think it was an issue with Heavy Rain. But that was almost 3 years ago, maybe I’ve been spoiled by more recent games when it comes to lip-synching. In any case, the standard has gone up and what we’ve seen in this new trailer, in regards to lip-synching, isn’t acceptable any longer.

Agreed, it's just odd.

Not really. To your first sentence, - don't make the same mistake and assume something based on one trailer. ;)

Wat.

I am making an observation, I watched the trailer, I noticed there was something wrong with the way he was talking and surprise! someone else happened to agree with me. No assumptions or "mistakes" here. 

Assuming you are referring to me not finishing heavy rain, "the same mistake" aren't the right words to use here... because:

1) Making an observation about a trailer =/= Judging a game's quality.

2) Not finishing a game  (heavy rain, ff13, heavenly sword etc) because I found it too boring/laughable/easy to finish isn't a mistake. I am not a professional reviewer who has to put up with this stuff.

ANYWAY. 

I don't want to watch more trailers and possible spoilers, How is the gameplay in this game? similar to heavy rain? I am just curious. 

CGI-Quality said:
Cub said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cub said:
Spedfrom said:

Agreed, it's just odd.

Not really. To your first sentence, - don't make the same mistake and assume something based on one trailer. ;)

Wat.

I am making an observation, I watched the trailer, I noticed there was something wrong with the way he was talking and surprise! someone else happened to agree with me. No assumptions or "mistakes" here. 

Assuming you are referring to me not finishing heavy rain, "the same mistake" aren't the right words to use here... because:

2) Not finishing a game  (heavy rain, ff13, heavenly sword etc) because I found it too boring/laughable/easy to finish isn't a mistake. I am not a professional reviewer who has to put up with this stuff.

ANYWAY. 

I don't want to watch more trailers and possible spoilers, How is the gameplay in this game? similar to heavy rain? I am just curious. 

My post had nothing to do with you finishing HR.  >.<

However, since your last sentence is all that's relevant, yes, game-play will be similar to HR, but with more emphasis on action. And the person you agreed with claims that Heavy Rain, somehow, had better lip-sync than 3EYOND, which is false. Never mind how many people would agree with me on that. 

lols, i merged two threads into one. Sorry!

For the relevant part, I only agree with the bloded part, I don't remember how HR lip syncs was tbh.

CGI-Quality said:
Cub said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cub said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cub said:

Agreed, it's just odd.

Wat.

ANYWAY. 

My post had nothing to do with you finishing HR.  >.<

However, since your last sentence is all that's relevant, yes, game-play will be similar to HR, but with more emphasis on action. And the person you agreed with claims that Heavy Rain, somehow, had better lip-sync than 3EYOND, which is false. Never mind how many people would agree with me on that. 

lols, i merged two threads into one. Sorry!

For the relevant part, I only agree with the bloded part, I don't remember how HR lip syncs was tbh.

It wasn't bad, in fact, it was some of the best at the time. However, 3EYOND takes it a notch further and in this trailer, the volume of their talking and tone of the scene helps compliment the lip-sync. I'm usually the first to criticise devs in this area, but the words are syncing just fine with the lip movement, hence my bewilderment to his comment.

(forgot to comment on gameplay) How will they emphasize on action exactly? More action scenes compared to HR? or more control freedom? Either way, HR gameplay wasn't a problem for me.

Around the Network

this game seems to have a really huge budget, i wonder how much sales they are targeting

Wright said:
Woah! I love Dafoe =D

Hope a friend of mine bought this so that then I steal his console and play it! I'd hate to play this the same way I had to with Heavy Rain, via youtube :(

WHAT?!?!?!?! you watched heavy rain on youtube?!?!!?! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!!! there are SO many choices that you make that would effect how you feel!! like when you have to chose if you cut off your finger. or when you are running on the roof and you have to chose to jump off of it or not. or when you decide to shoot that guy in the apartment! damn you just wasted a great expereince of yourself

bananaking21 said:
Wright said:
Woah! I love Dafoe =D

WHAT?!?!?!?! you watched heavy rain on youtube?!?!!?! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!!! there are SO many choices that you make that would effect how you feel!! like when you have to chose if you cut off your finger. or when you are running on the roof and you have to chose to jump off of it or not. or when you decide to shoot that guy in the apartment! damn you just wasted a great expereince of yourself

You don't understand. =P I "played" it like I wanted. Whenever I choose something, I would search the video in related walkthroughs if the one I was watching did not suit my choice. My only complain with this is that I could not "fail" the battle scenes, given the fact that it was another person playing instead of me. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Wright said:
bananaking21 said:
Wright said:
Woah! I love Dafoe =D

You don't understand. =P I "played" it like I wanted. Whenever I choose something, I would search the video in related walkthroughs if the one I was watching did not suit my choice. My only complain with this is that I could not "fail" the battle scenes, given the fact that it was another person playing instead of me. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Rofl! HR isn't an exclusive game after all

Wright said:
bananaking21 said:
Wright said:
Woah! I love Dafoe =D

that makes it even worse....... you pretty much killed the purpose of the game. the game is about how it makes you feel ultimately. honestly i still remember how i felt during that game. the game wasnt perfect, it wasnt the best game. but still, i did its job. but you pretty much killed that, with stopping, searching for the video that makes the choice you want, with not really being in control. you just killed the game for youself. you cut the stream of action which would trigger your emotions. damn man, please really "play" beyond!