By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Willem Dafoe to star alongside Ellen Page in Beyond: Two Souls (coming October 8th)

Tagged games:

The movement of the lips is still too awkward and stiff. It hardly moves enough for how the words sound. It’s like the characters have a pronounced lip paralysis.

I might be putting on the nostalgia glasses, but I didn’t think it was an issue with Heavy Rain. But that was almost 3 years ago, maybe I’ve been spoiled by more recent games when it comes to lip-synching. In any case, the standard has gone up and what we’ve seen in this new trailer, in regards to lip-synching, isn’t acceptable any longer.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Spedfrom said:
The movement of the lips is still too awkward and stiff. It hardly moves enough for how the words sound. It’s like the characters have a pronounced lip paralysis.

I might be putting on the nostalgia glasses, but I didn’t think it was an issue with Heavy Rain. But that was almost 3 years ago, maybe I’ve been spoiled by more recent games when it comes to lip-synching. In any case, the standard has gone up and what we’ve seen in this new trailer, in regards to lip-synching, isn’t acceptable any longer.

I think we all watched a different trailer. Besides, have you not seen all of the other footage? Lip-sync wasn't, and isn't, a problem.

I've watched a few trailers and I get that feeling from all of them. Maybe it's LA Noire's fault, I don't know. I haven't even played that game but the videos of its lip-synching are incredible.

I was simply expecting more/better. Especially since David Cage commented that LA Noire's tech was only one way of achieving that effect and that Quantic Dream would go about it differently in order to have a harmonious balance of lip-synching and body motion.

Was completely not expecting this, but great addition. Glad to have a release date too. Ahhh too many games to buy, not to mention the PS4 when it launches...my poor poor wallet.

This made my day. wooooooooooooo

CGI-Quality said:
Spedfrom said:
CGI-Quality said:

I think we all watched a different trailer. Besides, have you not seen all of the other footage? Lip-sync wasn't, and isn't, a problem.

I've watched a few trailers and I get that feeling from all of them. Maybe it's LA Noire's fault, I don't know. I haven't even played that game but the videos of its lip-synching are incredible.

I was simply expecting more/better. Especially since David Cage commented that LA Noire's tech was only one way of achieving that effect and that Quantic Dream would go about it differently in order to have a harmonious balance of lip-synching and body motion.

Don't know what to tell you. Many agree that Beyond is a step closer than L.A. Noire. In fact, the latter's characters are much more stiff and unnatural and the only thing that helped them along was MotionScan. 

If nothing else, L.A. Noire showed me what needed improvement, and Beyond improves on it.

I tend to require very believable facial expressions and lip-synching in order to connect to a character/story as opposed to more easily forgive less fluid body motion, hence my complaints.

I'll still buy the game though, since I enjoyed Heavy Rain quite a bit and Quantic Dream is working to improve the gameplay as well. I just wish they could've included next-gen lip-synching tech.

Around the Network

i wonder if Ellen Page rapes him like she raped that man in that movie

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

sogood

Can't wait. I have to say that I'm glad that in this day and age someone has the balls to take risks and make games like this.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Cool. Heavy Rain wasn't that good, though, so I'm not exactly mega hyped for this one. I think it looks too similar, but I hope I'm wrong.

8 october will be a glorious day

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!