By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1+2=3 . But what whith this?

gentii said:
Lafiel said:
NA + Europe + Japan = World ? no, there are a bunch of other continents, you know

i know but why is add whith ps3 not the others

Check the others...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Those other nobody country's rnt important enough to be put on the table.

Clearly there's still some issues here, so I'll explain with the aid of a diagram:

You see all of those countries and continents? I sure do. Now let's look at the charts:

Platform

N. America

Europe

Japan

Global
21,416 32,454 74,746 136,283
40,722 47,806 17,662 130,036
60,511 25,380 462 92,829
11,163 7,739 9,469 30,739
5,966 8,460 11,789 28,265
12,831 7,285 1,387 23,652
13,584 5,739 105 20,711
847 1,749 9,099 18,618

You see that first map, then you see what these numbers are calculating? There are not the same thing. As mentioned earlier, the PSP sums to around 11,500 yet the WW total is more than 150% that. Because other countries outside of the three monitered are buying as well.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

gentii said:
Lafiel said:
NA + Europe + Japan = World ? no, there are a bunch of other continents, you know

get your calculator out and add NA+EU+JPN for the other consoles/handhelds and you'll see that won't match the global number either

the PS3 just happens to sell the best of all outside of those big markets

I don't get why you single out PS3 for this, when not a single console's front page numbers add up to their total.

(Well, I think I do get why you did it, but I won't make assumptions about you based on your avatar)

But yes, anyway, other people in this thread are correct. There are more than just two continents and one country on this planet. You're adding 1 + 2 + 3 to get 6, when you should be adding 1 + 2 + 3 + x to get y.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
gentii said:

1+2=9!!??

1+2 = 9, for sufficiently large values of 2.

it could be a ring with 0,9,1,0,9,1 and so on but then where is the 2? hmpf.

Lafiel said:
gentii said:
Lafiel said:

get your calculator out and add NA+EU+JPN for the other consoles/handhelds and you'll see that won't match the global number either

Unfortunately when you do this you will note that the PS3 often outsells Xbox360 2:1 or 3:1 in this "mystical rest of the world". I highly doubt that this is true. Particularly this week it is extremely weird, PS3 even outsells 3DS more than 3:1

drkohler said:
Lafiel said:
gentii said:
Lafiel said:

Unfortunately when you do this you will note that the PS3 often outsells Xbox360 2:1 or 3:1 in this "mystical rest of the world". I highly doubt that this is true. Particularly this week it is extremely weird, PS3 even outsells 3DS more than 3:1

It is true, the playstation brand is just extremely strong compared to everything else in those other countries. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

drkohler said:
Lafiel said:

have a closer look at NA and Europe and you'll notice 2 things: firstly the PS3 sells much better than the 360 in all non-english speaking countries that are tracked directly here, secondly the 3DS only really sells gangbuster in Japan (it's considerably below 360+PS3 elsewhere right now)

those 2 things put together make it seem quite believable that the PS3 is doing better than 360 and 3DS in that "mystical rest of the world" how you like to put it - I heard in Brasil the 360 has started to pick up a lot due to it being made there and offered at good prices though

having said all that, I'm personally not too interested in conversation about some 10k here and there in weekly data, as I'm aware that vgc recently (the last year or so) didn't manage to match shipment data with their tracking as closely as before, so I expect the numbers to be subject to change anyway

drkohler said:
Lafiel said:
gentii said:
Lafiel said:

I'm confused. The 3DS outsold the PS3 acording to VGChartz ....

The PS5 Exists.