By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1+2=3 . But what whith this?

veritaz said:
drkohler said:

Unfortunately when you do this you will note that the PS3 often outsells Xbox360 2:1 or 3:1 in this "mystical rest of the world". I highly doubt that this is true. Particularly this week it is extremely weird, PS3 even outsells 3DS more than 3:1

It is true, the playstation brand is just extremely strong compared to everything else in those other countries. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

XBox is particularly strong in the US. Not even in BF week does it outsell the PS3 by 2:1. What makes you think the PS3 outsells the XBox by 2-3:1 in the mystical rest of the world every week (with absolute numbers much higher than Japan)?

Around the Network

'Ranked by number of units sold worldwide. Note that the Global total includes regions not counted in the individual North America, Europe and Japan columns.'

The PS5 Exists. 

drkohler said:
veritaz said:
drkohler said:

Unfortunately when you do this you will note that the PS3 often outsells Xbox360 2:1 or 3:1 in this "mystical rest of the world". I highly doubt that this is true. Particularly this week it is extremely weird, PS3 even outsells 3DS more than 3:1

It is true, the playstation brand is just extremely strong compared to everything else in those other countries. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

XBox is particularly strong in the US. Not even in BF week does it outsell the PS3 by 2:1. What makes you think the PS3 outsells the XBox by 2-3:1 in the mystical rest of the world every week (with absolute numbers much higher than Japan)?

Because the US is one country while the other areas are multiple countries. Add them all up and you see that PS3 is just more favored by the majority. It would be wierd if it wasn't like that and suddenly every country that isn't the US or Uk decided they liked xbox more. 

for ps3 its about 20k plus in rest of the other region!

drkohler said:
veritaz said:
drkohler said:

Around the Network

NA + Europe + japana + OTHERS = 4

drkohler said:
veritaz said:
drkohler said:

Because PS3 is particularly strong in  Arabic countries. In fact I think it's a little undertracked in those countries. Plus those countries have very high income. Throw the whole latin america, oceania, china, korea and is not hard to understand why they have absolut numbers biger than Japan.

P.S. USA, Canada, Mexico, Uk and Australia are the only countries where 360 dominates. In the rest of the world it gets beaten by the PS3 (especially in arabic countries).

On another note, why do you call the rest of the world mystical? You doubt of its existance? That's funny... And dumb

Conegamer said:

Clearly there's still some issues here, so I'll explain with the aid of a diagram:

You see all of those countries and continents? I sure do. Now let's look at the charts:

Platform

N. America

Europe

Japan

Global
21,416 32,454 74,746 136,283
40,722 47,806 17,662 130,036
60,511 25,380 462 92,829
11,163 7,739 9,469 30,739
5,966 8,460 11,789 28,265
12,831 7,285 1,387 23,652
13,584 5,739 105 20,711
847 1,749 9,099 18,618

You see that first map, then you see what these numbers are calculating? There are not the same thing. As mentioned earlier, the PSP sums to around 11,500 yet the WW total is more than 150% that. Because other countries outside of the three monitered are buying as well.

<3

Laurel Aitken said:
drkohler said:
veritaz said:
drkohler said:

Because PS3 is particularly strong in  Arabic countries. In fact I think it's a little undertracked in those countries. Plus those countries have very high income. Throw the whole latin america, oceania, china, korea and is not hard to understand why they have absolut numbers biger than Japan.

P.S. USA, Canada, Mexico, Uk and Australia are the only countries where 360 dominates. In the rest of the world it gets beaten by the PS3 (especially in arabic countries).

On another note, why do you call the rest of the world mystical? You doubt of its existance? That's funny... And dumb

so 3DS is not strong in arabic country?!