By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media Create - week 8 ( Feb. 18 - 24 )

March releases seem strong for Vta, hope its gonna sell a lot next month.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
^ You guys are completely missing the point of everything. We are talking about entirely different things on multiple levels. This started as a comparison between Wii U and Vita support in 2013 -- so if you want to be serious about comparing them, stop splitting hairs over irrelevant things like perceived quality of unreleased titles and get to telling me about all the games coming to Vita this year that are going to leave it in a much better situation than the Wii U.

But it's becoming pretty clear that this isn't the discussion you want to have. You just want to be pointlessly cynical towards the Wii U -- demanding release dates for Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 because you don't trust them to be released this year, yet believing Lego City will find its way to other consoles this year despite no evidence whatsoever to support that theory, for instance. You're so blinded by cynicism I can't see us getting anywhere with this discussion.

Obviously every single Wii U game scheduled for release in 2013 is going to be either pushed back to 2014 or released on PS360 before the year is out -- or both! -- so certainly the Wii U will have not one single significant release for the rest of the year, of course not.

LOL ! Dont be like that !

YOU said " The Wii U has a lot of exclusive first-party content on the way, while the Vita has little to look forward to this year that has been announced. " .

THe discussion was about the exclusive first party coming, not about the sales.

I dont like bad faith so be honest, you said me a thing, i show you you're wrong about Vita compared to Wii U but still, you change subject.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I wouldn't count on Nintendos First Party TItles too much. They didn't do wonders for Gamecube or N64, even though the titles belong to the best games ever made. The reason there were sold so many units last gen is because the wii sold shitloads of consoles right out of the gate, just because of wii sports and because it was the thing to have at the moment, like an iPhone some years ago. But without the hardware base to begin with, I doubt many people will jump onto the Wii U. I'm sure the numbers will rise, but not dramatically. I just don't see any game that will come close to the hype of wii sports. Also, later in the year, Microsoft an Sony will make a hell lot of noise so many people could just forget about Nintendo altogether.

I could be horribly wrong, but I will make a prediction here: The Wii U will never outsell the PS3 this year. Not for a single week. No matter what games are coming.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
I wouldn't count on Nintendos First Party TItles too much. They didn't do wonders for Gamecube or N64, even though the titles belong to the best games ever made. The reason there were sold so many units last gen is because the wii sold shitloads of consoles right out of the gate, just because of wii sports and because it was the thing to have at the moment, like an iPhone some years ago. But without the hardware base to begin with, I doubt many people will jump onto the Wii U. I'm sure the numbers will rise, but not dramatically. I just don't see any game that will come close to the hype of wii sports. Also, later in the year, Microsoft an Sony will make a hell lot of noise so many people could just forget about Nintendo altogether.

I could be horribly wrong, but I will make a prediction here: The Wii U will never outsell the PS3 this year. Not for a single week. No matter what games are coming.

Why the hell are you talking about this in this thread? 

Since you posted this here, I will say that you won't come far by mentioning Microsoft in context with Japan.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

RolStoppable said:
Aerys said:

YOU said " The Wii U has a lot of exclusive first-party content on the way, while the Vita has little to look forward to this year that has been announced. " .

I dont like bad faith so be honest, you said me a thing, i show you you're wrong about Vita compared to Wii U but still, you change subject.

How can he be wrong when the Wii U has more exclusive( that was the point) first party games coming than the Vita?

Vita: Soul Sacrifice, Killzone, Tearaway, Open Me, Ecolobrium, Imaginstruments.
Wii U: Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Game & Wario.

When it comes to games that are potentially also going to be released this year, the Wii U once again has more first party games than the Vita. It's a discussion about simple numbers and the Vita loses the comparison clearly.

Fixed

Because he's wrong and you're wrong. He wasnt talking about sales, thats why he told " exclusive first party title coming" and not " system seller coming", he wanted to show Wii U has more exclusive first party coming this year, and this is false, obviously for what we know.

The only big quality game made by nintendo coming this year on Wii U is Pikmin 3...For what we know

The big quality games made by sony coming this year on Vita are Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary and TearAway...For what we know

Around the Network

Such bad faith -_-

It was clearly not about sales potential, the subject was " exclusive frist party title coming", dont change the subject because you're wrong, he never talked about the sales in his first post.

Ok, dont judge quality( but its really bad faith to pretend games like Wii U play/Wii Fit U or other crappy stuff are good and ambitious games ), but by the numbers of first party exclusive coming, Vita clearly win, thats the point.

For the sales, we cant possibly know if Wii Fit U will be a system seller like he was on Wii

Aerys said:
RolStoppable said:
Aerys said:

How can he be wrong when the Wii U has more exclusive( that was the point) first party games coming than the Vita?

Vita: Soul Sacrifice, Killzone, Tearaway, Open Me, Ecolobrium, Imaginstruments.
Wii U: Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Game & Wario.

When it comes to games that are potentially also going to be released this year, the Wii U once again has more first party games than the Vita. It's a discussion about simple numbers and the Vita loses the comparison clearly.

Fixed

Because he's wrong and you're wrong. He wasnt talking about sales, thats why he told " exclusive first party title coming" and not " system seller coming", he wanted to show Wii U has more exclusive first party coming this year, and this is false, obviously for what we know.

The only big quality game made by nintendo coming this year on Wii U is Pikmin 3...For what we know

The big quality games made by sony coming this year on Vita are Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary and TearAway...For what we know

Come on now, Vita can't display games in 1080p or 720p.

Aerys said:

Such bad faith -_-

It was clearly not about sales potential, the subject was " exclusive frist party title coming", dont change the subject because you're wrong, he never talked about the sales in his first post.

Ok, dont judge quality( but its really bad faith to pretend games like Wii U play/Wii Fit U or other crappy stuff are good games ), but by the numbers of first party exclusive coming, Vita win, thats the point.

Name more titles except for Vitas Sacrifice, Killzoned Vita and Vitaway.

AlphaCielago said:
Aerys said:

Such bad faith -_-

Ok, dont judge quality( but its really bad faith to pretend games like Wii U play/Wii Fit U or other crappy stuff are good games ), but by the numbers of first party exclusive coming, Vita win, thats the point.

I dont have to, thats the first party big titles coming on Vita ( i dont talk about crappy stuff like Ecolobrium, Open Me, etc, by respect), its not a lot, but its better than on Wii U which has just Pikmin 3.

Aerys said:
AlphaCielago said:
Aerys said:

Such bad faith -_-

I dont have to, thats the first party big titles coming on Vita ( i dont talk about crappy stuff like Ecolobrium, Open Me, etc, by respect), its not a lot, but its better than on Wii U which has just Pikmin 3.

It really depends on how you want to judge what quality is. Wind Waker HD is one of those titles and how can you be sure that Killzone and Tearaway are qualitu titles?

For all we know, they might suck. Heck, Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD might also suck.