By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media Create - week 8 ( Feb. 18 - 24 )

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
Isnt suppose to be 3DS vs PSV? Not Wii U vs PSV lmao...?

Wii U numbers suck though, 3DS needs a price cut in NoA to $149.99 and XL fof $179.99 imo

Only reason Wii U and Vita are being compared is because PSV has already been labeled dead and it's doing better than a console, that while criticized, isn't considered dead yet.

lol, i kno just messin around! Wii U has potential but Nintendo is hurting it by not releasing games.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

Wii U numbers suck though, 3DS needs a price cut in NoA to $149.99 and XL fof $179.99 imo

Only reason Wii U and Vita are being compared is because PSV has already been labeled dead and it's doing better than a console, that while criticized, isn't considered dead yet.

So are you saying the Wii U should also be considered dead or that neither console should be? They aren't in exactly the same situation.

the_dengle said:
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

So are you saying the Wii U should also be considered dead or that neither console should be? They aren't in exactly the same situation.

Neither should be. I don't think Wii U or Vita will ever sell particularly well, but well enough to have its own share of successes.

I know they aren't in the same situation but I do think the Wii U is going to be in bigger trouble. It reached 10k faster than any Nintendo product before it and any big titles are far off. Vita at least will have a short 2 month span of stuff to make its situation look a little better in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

how big is the price cut in japan,i've been out of the loop for a bit so never read it here

3DS still bouncing along ,good MGR sales,

Above & Beyond

outlawauron said:

Neither should be. I don't think Wii U or Vita will ever sell particularly well, but well enough to have its own share of successes.

I know they aren't in the same situation but I do think the Wii U is going to be in bigger trouble. It reached 10k faster than any Nintendo product before it and any big titles are far off. Vita at least will have a short 2 month span of stuff to make its situation look a little better in Japan.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5169370

Wii U - 12

GCN - 5

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

how big is the price cut in japan,i've been out of the loop for a bit so never read it here

Both Wifi-only and 3g models are going to be 19,980 yen, a drop of about 5,000/10,000 yen.

theprof00 said:
z101 said:
The Vita price has been already reduced days before the official price cut in Japan. This is why the sales are up.

Actually, retailers have been selling it for the reduced price since January. Retailers have been simply cutting out their portion of the profit on the console to sell for less. So, unless you are actually in Japan, and can confirm that they are already selling it for even less (now creating costs), I'm just going to assume this was a hollow statement.

Forgive me if you DO live in japan though.

Many stores have dropped the price already since the announcement last week. The "official" price cut isn't until today, but you could buy it at the new price at pretty much all of the stores I went to this past week.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Herolink7 said:
zuvuyeay said:

Both Wifi-only and 3g models are going to be 19,980 yen, a drop of about 5,000/10,000 yen.

ok thank you,fairly decent then

same price for both then

Above & Beyond

smbu2000 said:
theprof00 said:
z101 said:
The Vita price has been already reduced days before the official price cut in Japan. This is why the sales are up.

Actually, retailers have been selling it for the reduced price since January. Retailers have been simply cutting out their portion of the profit on the console to sell for less. So, unless you are actually in Japan, and can confirm that they are already selling it for even less (now creating costs), I'm just going to assume this was a hollow statement.

Forgive me if you DO live in japan though.

Many stores have dropped the price already since the announcement last week. The "official" price cut isn't until today, but you could buy it at the new price at pretty much all of the stores I went to this past week.

So, the sales are due to mouth power, because you cant possibly know the price cut is effective in some stores which didnt wait for the official date

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

outlawauron said:
the_dengle said:

I guess it's a glass-half-empty/full situation. To me the outlook is much better for Wii U than for Vita. The Wii U has a lot of exclusive first-party content on the way, while the Vita has little to look forward to this year that has been announced. The Vita is already being thrashed by its primary competitor, while the Wii U has 6 months to get its shit together before it has to worry about its main competition for the next generation. Wii U has only been selling poorly for a couple of months, Vita has been selling poorly for a year. And, according to the link provided by MDMA, the Vita also reached 10k faster than any Sony product before it -- and it has been under 10k for 26 of its last 52 weeks.